Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Duncan Keith for Caleb Jones and a 3rd | Pt.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Cooke was a POS and took a run at Keith's head earlier, good on him to head hunt him back. Carter was being a dick. Stick to the face is a little much but nice to have some sandpaper on our blue line. Other than Larson and nurse everyone is pretty nice back there.
I think both were appropriate. You need to do that as a skill player. McDrai have both been getting that element in their game and it's been nice to see.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007

I really hope Keith retires after this season because that extra $9M in cap space the season of Nurse's raise would make this the greatest trade of all time.

And it would f*** over the Hawks. :laugh:

Hmm honestly if Keith retires and opens up 9 million in cap next season suddenly Ken Holland looks like a genius. Now lets all pray he retires next year.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hmm honestly if Keith retires and opens up 9 million in cap next season suddenly Ken Holland looks like a genius. Now lets all pray he retires next year.

No he doesnt lol. You cant count the 5.5 cap hit he has, since if you never added him toud avoid 5.5 in cap. Is a GM a genius if he signed player for 7 mil for 4 years, and they retired 2 years in. That's 7 mil in cap opened up right.

The 3.9 mil would be cap that has been created.

So yeah, if Keith retires after 1 year we traded Jones and 3rd for one year of Keith (in which hes 3.9 mil overpaid) and 3.9 mil in cap space

Still a terrible trade

Reactions: Little Fury

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Played 23 minutes with absolutely horrendous results. Like, worse than Jack Johnson results

Maximum Schedule B bonus results! Which is all he cared about playing 4th forward to get the points he needed. The ice time promised to him to guarantee hitting TOI triggers for bonuses were part of that of course.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
No he doesnt lol. You cant count the 5.5 cap hit he has, since if you never added him toud avoid 5.5 in cap. Is a GM a genius if he signed player for 7 mil for 4 years, and they retired 2 years in. That's 7 mil in cap opened up right.

The 3.9 mil would be cap that has been created.

So yeah, if Keith retires after 1 year we traded Jones and 3rd for one year of Keith (in which hes 3.9 mil overpaid) and 3.9 mil in cap space

Still a terrible trade
Yeah true we also added in a 3rd round pick for some f***ing reason because Bowman has to have photos of Holland naked or something. But hey at least now there's some hope that it can get better. #pleaseretireDuncanKeith

Hockeylife2018

Nov 21, 2011
It's hard to play every second night. Goalie in particular is a very tiring position. (I was a goalie as a kid, a battler like Smith)
I lifted weights in highschool...
Ya, you could call me a professional bodybuilder...I know the struggles Arnold had.

DethOfDragnz

Sep 22, 2010
Edmonton, AB
I was hoping the Oilers didn't sign him but he is a part of the team now lets hope it all works out.
Duncan-Keith-Oiler10.png

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Watch the Oilers win 3 rounds in the playoffs but Keith finishes 5th in ice time so part two of the conditions aren't met. The league will then conduct a review and prorate Keith's ice time to top 4 minutes and give Chicago the 2nd round pick.

Yes, I know that means the Oilers would be in the SCF but I'm just waiting to get f***ed by the league somehow on this.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Watch the Oilers win 3 rounds in the playoffs but Keith finishes 5th in ice time so part two of the conditions aren't met. The league will then conduct a review and prorate Keith's ice time to top 4 minutes and give Chicago the 2nd round pick.

Yes, I know that means the Oilers would be in the SCF but I'm just waiting to get f***ed by the league somehow on this.
The Oilers will win 2 rounds and the league will prorate it to 3.

ilovetheshowlost

Sep 8, 2016
I really hope we get Eichel, or Hall, or Hamilton, or something big and noteworthy. That will make this whole Keith deal seem better to me

North

Jun 25, 2009
If Keith is awful why did he play above him? I like Zadorov too and given his age he'd likely be a great option but you got to play the hand you're dealt. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk I'm just saying it's not the end of the world and could even be a great trade. You're reasonable so I'm not trying to lecture you but I'll tell you where I'm coming from. We don't actually know all the info as far as say Seattle as a suitor, Chicago's willingness to tell Keith too bad if retention is needed, actual scouting, better analytics not fan ones, or what the future will bring. What I think though is that if Keith can skate still, and he sure as hell could a year ago, I don't see how he's suddenly forgot how to play hockey which he would of had to not to be a quality 2LD given how exceptionally talented he is. This is a guy who was a very good to elite talent for like 15 years. I thought he was the best player in the world in 2010. I for one am going to be optimistic given it's Duncan f***ing Keith and not say Andrew Ference (I always thought he was a 3rd pair guy at best). I like to hope for the best once a player becomes an Oiler, I'm a fan, but this was a deal I was bullish on as soon as I heard it was possible. Retention would have been great but I won't call it a fail till the player actually plays. When it's a guy who was playing 23 minutes last year coming back and his name is Duncan Keith I don't think optimism is unreasonable.

I’m actually on the same page as you.

I’m fine with this. Would I have preferred some retention? Yes but it didn’t happen.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Watch Keith put a huge year now that we’re all in full hit the panic button mode.

I hope he comes in motivated and hungry. I’m sure he’s hearing all the noise about how he’s finished and how terrible this trade was, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad