HF Habs: Editions XXXV de Lounge: Je regrette rien version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
When the gut gets better, i would love a couple of full rack ribs, with mashed taters and fresh veg.

Guys wearing wigs......be happy with your hair, or lack thereof. Too much estrogen I guess.:sarcasm:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Guys wearing wigs......be happy with your hair, or lack thereof. Too much estrogen I guess.:sarcasm:

Whether you're happy or not (most likely not) is not really the point. They just look so damned bad and obvious

I mean when you manage to make the triple-ply Trump comb-over look like Fabio you should just forget about it

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I've had a craving for ribs and other smoked meats but haven't found a good place in the West Island yet :(

Ottawa has a significantly better selection than Montréal when it comes to smokehouses.

I like Le Boucan (...not exactly close to WI), but the lack of Brisket is a serious issue.

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
Is your gut and colon doing any better Jee? Hope you have coverage for psychological help.

Have not had proper brisket since I was down in the Deep South. :(:( Tis hard to find certain cuisines done properly, at least in dippydoo Alberta, or edmonwoodchuck.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Son of a motherless goat! No wonder you are suffering exceedingly. Ask your doc about goin on prednisone for a short term. This gloucosteroid will knock down inflammation drastically. Then take Tylenol for pain relief.

again you keep talking about this prednisone and act like it's weird that we're not on medication, but I've had this thing for 5 years and no doctor ever came close to giving me this... there's no medication for IBS and that's what they tell you, to **** off and stress less

one of them gave me stomach ache medication, not understanding that at that point it was already too late and the mental damage was done

Ursus the White

Formerly Hogfather
Mar 27, 2014
Alberta
again you keep talking about this prednisone and act like it's weird that we're not on medication, but I've had this thing for 5 years and no doctor ever came close to giving me this... there's no medication for IBS and that's what they tell you, to **** off and stress less

one of them gave me stomach ache medication, not understanding that at that point it was already too late and the mental damage was done

Well please pardon my ignorance. I guess my diseases work differently to some extent.

Managing stress....geez cottage cheese......one tough beech to tackle which is not helped out by flippant medical advice.

Smoking a pipe a la Tolkien, or cigars works as a relaxation method for me.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Well please pardon my ignorance. I guess my diseases work differently to some extent.

Managing stress....geez cottage cheese......one tough beech to tackle which is not helped out by flippant medical advice.

Smoking a pipe a la Tolkien, or cigars works as a relaxation method for me.

heh i'm not mad at you, I just feel powerless and doctors i've seen all made me feel like I wasn't worth a damn.

i'm getting better, i'm eating well and I run, i'm down to being sick maybe once a week. I'm still very scared of going out though. I'm still on the waiting list to see a psychiatrist to hopefully get medication and help me with that.

Like right now I feel good, been feeling good for the past 4-5 days, i'm positive and i'm getting happier but I always have this sword of Damocles over my head reminding me that if I get sick just one night my brain will go back to the "my efforts are pointless and i'm never going to get better" state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad