EDIT: The Islanders make the playoffs with a -18 GD, Capitals clinch with a -37!!

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The top teams in the West have like a .700 win% against the Metro but sure buddy.
Maybe not as important but the top teams in the west especially, Vancouver, Edmonton, Vegas, Colorado and Dallas, are extremely fun teams to watch.

I've got the NHL package through Telus and as hard as I try I can't watch an entire game from the east but the teams I mentioned are damn entertaining. Not because they play loose they are just so much crisper and up tempo. The east is like wild vs jackets level boring and not because they play solid defense over there, just boring. Except Florida. The announcers as well in the east suck besides the Florida and TB guys.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I am focusing on myself. I am voicing my displeasure at losers with 1950s sensibilities. Perhaps you are clueless to what is implied by your statement.
People like you make me miss the 90's when people weren't so emotionally weak that everyone has to walk on egg shells because someone's feelings might get hurt.
Words are just words. When I was 13 I was fat, people called me fat so I lost weight.

The reason this world is such a shitty place now is because everyone goes out of their way to be offended by something, like who gives a shit. This mentality has ruined comedy to the point where episodes of shows like sweet D doing impersonations IASIP omitted on FX or Chappelle show no longer available on comedy central and that's a shame because the world could use some actual laughs.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Its still remarkable though how both TB/NYI are exceptionally dangerous matchups if they both end up WC1 and 2 respectively. If you're FLA/NYR/BOS you'd almost certainly much rather face PHL/PIT/DET/WSH over either of those 2.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Its still remarkable though how both TB/NYI are exceptionally dangerous matchups if they both end up WC1 and 2 respectively. If you're FLA/NYR/BOS you'd almost certainly much rather face PHL/PIT/DET/WSH over either of those 2.
Not sure why NYI is in the good team category w/TB and not in the sack of sh** category with the others.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not sure why NYI is in the good team category w/TB and not in the sack of sh** category with the others.

Roster is just overall better...those others have gaping weaknesses in some area. The Isles really do not and despite the fact their goalie has been bad this year if he gets hot in a series he is probably better than anyone on those other teams other than Vas. Also NYI/NYR is just not what you want if you're NYR management...expending energy on a rivalry series right away can be problematic long term if you go 6 or 7. If you destroy them ala 1994 its okay but its just hard to win a cup these days when you are forced to play a series like LAK/ANA NYI/NJD/NYR right away

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
Not sure I would lump Pittsburgh in with the other also rans, at the very least if they make it they will be coming in hot, and not just stumbling backwards into the playoffs.

I agree about TB/NYI though. For most of the season TB felt like a former great power in gradual, but obvious, decline... Now it feels like they could have at least one more run in 'em. The NYI are the streakiest bunch of streakers who ever streaked and right now they are on a roll.

Wouldn't be the most shocking thing in the world if one of them went deep.

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
People like you make me miss the 90's when people weren't so emotionally weak that everyone has to walk on egg shells because someone's feelings might get hurt.
Words are just words. When I was 13 I was fat, people called me fat so I lost weight.

The reason this world is such a shitty place now is because everyone goes out of their way to be offended by something, like who gives a shit. This mentality has ruined comedy to the point where episodes of shows like sweet D doing impersonations IASIP omitted on FX or Chappelle show no longer available on comedy central and that's a shame because the world could use some actual laughs.

While I kinda agree with you to a point... Dave Chapelle, IASIP, and comedy in general is the least of our worries when it comes to world issues.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
That's what happens with diluted leagues while fanboys scream athletes are the best ever......

Should be 6 teams from each conference and a first round Bo5 series so Top 4 teams in each Conference get 10 days off.
This would save embarrassment in some series, from recent memory.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Patrick Roy effect. Just make sure you draft who he wants or he might be gone just before the season starts ;)

Section 104

Sep 12, 2021
Patrick Roy effect. Just make sure you draft who he wants or he might be gone just before the season starts ;)
One could also ask how long coaches last under Lou Lamariello

Still I give the Islanders team a lot of credit. A couple weeks ago they looked dead in the water but have peeled off 6 straight victories while others have floundered and can conceivably clinch a playoff spot Saturday if several things go their way.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Even as an Isles fan, I have no great illusion about how high chances are they get straight throttled in the first round. They are so damn streaky and while hot right now, that switch can turn off any moment as we've seen all season.

Now with Dobson possibly out for a bit, that hurts more than almost any other player we could lose to injury.

Kudos to the boys for making this push, though I worry it'll just make Lou more inclined to think they are something there not.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014

Tampa is going to be a nightmare for Boston if prime Vasy is really back. Hell, Florida is probably super happy to be facing the Leafs instead of Tampa in round one. That would have been their worst matchup - the most penalized team against the top powerplay in the league. The refs would probably actually call that one fairly, too. Wouldn't be shocked if Maurice had them intentionally sandbagging right now to skip out on the top division spot to avoid that and hope Boston takes care of Tampa.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Tampa is going to be a nightmare for Boston if prime Vasy is really back. Hell, Florida is probably super happy to be facing the Leafs instead of Tampa in round one. That would have been their worst matchup - the most penalized team against the top powerplay in the league.
Well the Leafs have a good power play too and overall have scored more goals than Tampa, so I don't think they're much easier from that standpoint.

Vasy is always a concern though. I'd rather face Samsonov.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Well the Leafs have a good power play too and overall have scored more goals than Tampa, so I don't think they're much easier from that standpoint.

Vasy is always a concern though. I'd rather face Samsonov.
I wish. Leafs have been bottom 5 league wide on the powerplay since the all-star break.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Islanders lost in ot

Flyers win

Detroit up 4-1 in the 1st

Capitals tied in the 3rd.

Damn this race

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad