ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Punching a player in the face repeatedly after the game is over who is down on the ice, that has like 2 guys on top of him is clean ? lol what ?
Dirty, greasy, sending messages? Maybe a gratuitous 10 min misconduct for a few players? Yes, absolutely. Just like several players on both teams.

But DOPS worthy? Come on man. That’s ridiculous.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Dirty, greasy, sending messages? Maybe a gratuitous 10 min misconduct for a few players? Yes, absolutely. Just like several players on both teams.

But DOPS worthy? Come on man. That’s ridiculous.
Yes, punching a guy with your gloves still on. A guy who's down on the ice, repeatedly in the face, after the game is already over. If that's not intent to injure I don't know what it is. The hockey game is over, Florida is literally just trying to injure guys for game 5. If you're gonna pretend to fight, drop the gloves and fight face to face, that's absolutely dirty.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
I didn’t see it as getting under their skin as much as the Leafs played their best defensive hockey of the series in the last 6-7 minutes of the game. Quite unusual for the Leafs because they haven’t looked like that all series, including earlier in this game.
The Leafs defense was what I thought got under Fla,s skin,and got them frustrated.First time seeing them lose it like that.

Yes, punching a guy with your gloves still on. A guy who's down on the ice, repeatedly in the face, after the game is already over. If that's not intent to injure I don't know what it is. The hockey game is over, Florida is literally just trying to injure guys for game 5. If you're gonna pretend to fight, drop the gloves and fight face to face, that's absolutely dirty.
We gotta capitalize on our defense getting to them,and making them mad,and getting under their skin ,which will help us.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Yes ? Lol have you seen him try and hit or get into a scrum with Schenn or McCabe face to face ? Not even once, he tucks his tail between his legs and hides on the bench.

If he has an opportunity to hit someone from behind or in the head, or while they're already down, or with his gloves still on he acts tough

You think Bennet can do a single pull-up yet?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Leafs live to see another day. I voted on this thread FLA in 5.

Only 4 teams in NHL history have ever come back from a 0-3 deficit. Leafs are nowhere near the type of character/grit team to pull that feat off.

True. But coming back from 3-1 down happens a lot more often.

This series isn’t 3-0

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Now if you watched the game tell me what those high danger chances were
My literal point was that there weren’t any really high danger chances for either side. The fact Leafs fan saw that Panthers didn’t and entirely neutral saw that neither really did, and them having nearly identical stats is further proof of that…
He didn't watch the game. He saw 0 high danger scoring chances for either team, the statskeeper saw 5..despite him arguing the stats matching what he saw somehow.
I did watch the game lmao, why are you being so sensitive? You just don’t understand the stats you’re reading, let me simplify it for you.

SOG=below average
xGF=below average
HDCF= below average

If you have less shots on goal than average, less expected goals for than average and less high danger chances than average that literally can only mean neither team really created chanches.

The stats literally agree with what i’m saying, you just don’t understand them.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
True. But coming back from 3-1 down happens a lot more often.

This series isn’t 3-0

Is that how y'all are spinning it? They have to win every game left in the series. Basically Leafs MUST sweep Panthers in the remainder games. They got one down but statistically this team they're icing will never win 4 in a row.

But if you feel warm and cozy with their chances then cool. You're going to be disappointed. Get your fork ready, these leafs are DONE.

Reactions: Strangle

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Still makes genuinely no sense how this isn’t a penalty?

He takes 4 strides and rams him into the boards, so that’s charging or boarding right there.

Also, the Leafs are on a delayed penalty so as soon as they get possession of the puck the whistle will be blown. No one is going to be eligible to be hit in those circumstances. So of course, Gudas waits until the referee blows the whistles and charges/boards a guy ineligible to be hit without penalty.

The play is dead as soon as he touches the puck, if the leafs scored there, it wouldn’t have counted.

That hit is disgustingly late, and absolutely suspendible.

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Is that how y'all are spinning it? They have to win every game left in the series. Basically Leafs MUST sweep Panthers in the remainder games. They got one down but statistically this team they're icing will never win 4 in a row.

But if you feel warm and cozy with their chances then cool. You're going to be disappointed. Get your fork ready, these leafs are DONE.

Where's the spin? Last game is over with, the series is 3-1. Florida just came back from 3-1 against Boston.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
According to the statistics posted earlier, the Leafs have roughly a 28.5% chance (or so) of winning game 5.

I saw those too, they’re interesting to see.

But the first thing I thought of was that the Leafs are heavy favorites to win the series. The panthers are an 8th seed.

There are too many variables to use those odds in a predictive way. Toronto is a much better team than Florida, so I’d think that the odds of the leafs winning game 5 are actually much much higher than 28%.

Statistics can record what’s happened, but they can’t tell you what will happen

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I saw those too, they’re interesting to see.

But the first thing I thought of was that the Leafs are heavy favorites to win the series. The panthers are an 8th seed.

There are too many variables to use those odds in a predictive way. Toronto is a much better team than Florida, so I’d think that the odds of the leafs winning game 5 are actually much much higher than 28%.

Statistics can record what’s happened, but they can’t tell you what will happen

Good food for thought. :)

Strangle

May 4, 2009

I’d much rather be up in the series. But the panthers came back from 3-1, the leafs lost a series recently up 3-1, the leafs have lost MANY series up 3-2 as well.

Of course, it’s an uphill climb

Good food for thought. :)

Just to be clear …. I think it’s much more likely the panthers win this series. I’m just hoping for a miracle

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
According to the statistics posted earlier, the Leafs have roughly a 28.5% chance (or so) of winning game 5.

I think you read the statistics wrong.

The Leafs are the favourites to win Game 5, there's no way the favourites would have a 28.5% chance. I'm not sure what statistics you're looking at, but there's no way it's 28.5% for only Game 5, maybe for the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad