ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Do you have the Omar video, of the ref knee passing the puck to Nyla det for a goal. Looking forward to seeing that one.
It doesn't exist as it never happened. I did see a goal of an inadvertent deflection of the referee, that came to Nylander. This one was last night. you can see that one.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Current probability if you believe the leafs have a 60% chance of winning every game.
With 3 games to go
60% x 0.6 x 0.6 = 21.6% chance of winning the series now.

Yeah, that's a lot more than the 1% being spewed around here.

I'm not saying the odds are high, however I don't think it's as low as 1%.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
They no longer have to win 4 in a row. They now have to win 3 in a row. The 4th game cannot change anymore as it's already been played.

That said, obviously you've predicted they can't do it.

The Leafs are one of the rare teams that won 4 games in a row after being down 3-0 against a team that 'has their number'.

If they win the next 3, then that means they won 4 in a row. That's extremely unlikely. Just a 2% chance to comeback from a 0-3 deficit.

I predict a 2% chance of a comeback means fate has already decided the outcome. TML played like their careers depended on it last game. Panthers played like they are toying with their prey before they decide to execute it.

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
If they win the next 3, then that means they won 4 in a row. That's extremely unlikely. Just a 2% chance to comeback from a 0-3 deficit.

I predict a 2% chance of a comeback means fate has already decided the outcome. TML played like their careers depended on it last game. Panthers played like they are toying with their prey before they decide to execute it.

Yes, but they no longer have to win 4 in a row. They would win 4 in a row by default because they already won 1.

If they win the next 3, they win the series. If they win next game, they only have to win 2 in a row, not 4. The games already played do not factor into future outcomes.

I'm sure everyone thought the series was over when Boston was up 3-1, anything can happen.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Yes, but they no longer have to win 4 in a row. They would win 4 in a row by default because they already won 1.

If they win the next 3, they win the series. If they win next game, they only have to win 2 in a row, not 4. The games already played do not factor into future outcomes.

I'm sure everyone thought the series was over when Boston was up 3-1, anything can happen.

Boston was different. They didn't have a 3-0 lead. Only 4 teams in NHL history made that comeback. Leafs last did it back when Hitler was terrorizing the world, which is irrelevant in today's NHL.

*IF* Leafs win this series, do they get recognized in the history books as the 5th team in NHL history to make the 3-0 comeback? or does it only count as a 3-1 comeback since they "already won 1"?

You can't have it both ways.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

There has been a total of 204 Three-0 games. Only 4 made a comeback. The fact that TML won one game in game 4 doesn't change the low likelihood of odds of making a unicorn comeback series win.

If they win, then they should be the next hockey Disney movie staring Paul Rudd as Kyle Dubas.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Boston was different. They didn't have a 3-0 lead. Only 4 teams in NHL history made that comeback. Leafs last did it back when Hitler was terrorizing the world, which is irrelevant in today's NHL.

*IF* Leafs win this series, do they get recognized in the history books as the 5th team in NHL history to make the 3-0 comeback? or does it only count as a 3-1 comeback since they "already won 1"?

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Past outcomes do not affect future outcomes.

The Leafs no longer have to come back from a 3-0 defecit, they now have to come back from a 3-1 deficit.

You are including the stats of all the teams that got swept, even though the Leafs have already won a game.

Prior to the the Leafs winning, they had to come back from 3-0.

It's like if the Leafs win 3 in a row, are you going to argue they have to win 4 in a row even though 3 are completed or do they only need to win 1?

There has been a total of 204 Three-0 games. Only 4 made a comeback. The fact that TML won one doesn't change the low likelihood of odds of making a unicorn comeback win. Spin it how you want.

It is not a 3-0 series anymore, I don't understand why you think it is. It is now a 3-1 series.

Including all the teams that got swept as a way to lower the stats is disingenuous as it's guaranteed the Leafs will not be swept.

Either way, forget the odds. The games are played on the ice. Based on odds, the Leafs would have won this series anyway.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

Past outcomes do not affect future outcomes.

The Leafs no longer have to come back from a 3-0 defecit, they now have to come back from a 3-1 deficit.

You are including the stats of all the teams that got swept, even though the Leafs have already won a game.

Prior to the the Leafs winning, they had to come back from 3-0.

It's like if the Leafs win 3 in a row, are you going to argue they have to win 4 in a row even though 3 are completed or do they only need to win 1?

It is not a 3-0 series anymore, I don't understand why you think it is. It is now a 3-1 series.

Including all the teams that got swept as a way to lower the stats is disingenuous as it's guaranteed the Leafs will not be swept.

Either way, forget the odds. The games are played on the ice. Based on odds, the Leafs would have won this series anyway.

So your answer is the Leafs DO NOT get documented in the history books as the 5th team in NHL history comeback from a 3-0 deficit if they win this series against the Panthers?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So your answer is the Leafs DO NOT get documented in the history books as the 5th team in NHL history comeback from a 3-0 deficit if they win this series against the Panthers?

The Leafs will have come back from down 3-0.

The Leafs have already won a game though, and now are coming back from 3-1. 3-0 does not matter anymore.

The Leafs have to win 3 games in a row from today because they already won one.

You're projecting the stats of winning 4 games left to be unplayed, which is not the case anymore. Do you understand that? The Leafs have increased the odds by winning a game - but you keep posting the odds of teams that have only played 3 games.

When Philadelphia won 3 in a row against Boston and forced a Game 7, were the odds of them winning Game 7 now 2% because they had to win 4 in a row or do the odds change after every win?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
The series is 3-1 , let go of the past

EeIRm_7XsAEp2Yx.jpg

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

Absolutely you can.

If they pull it off obviously they'll be recognized as the 5th team in NHL history to do so, but everyone is also aware their odds are higher than 2% to win the next 3 games.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Yes, punching a guy with your gloves still on. A guy who's down on the ice, repeatedly in the face, after the game is already over. If that's not intent to injure I don't know what it is. The hockey game is over, Florida is literally just trying to injure guys for game 5. If you're gonna pretend to fight, drop the gloves and fight face to face, that's absolutely dirty.
Wow. I was wrong. Even curling might be a bit spicy for you. Those rocks do bang against each other loudly. So hockey is out and even curling might be too rough. Ice dancing might be best gig for you, I think.

Intent to injure. Good lord. Get real.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Yes, punching a guy with your gloves still on. A guy who's down on the ice, repeatedly in the face, after the game is already over. If that's not intent to injure I don't know what it is. The hockey game is over, Florida is literally just trying to injure guys for game 5. If you're gonna pretend to fight, drop the gloves and fight face to face, that's absolutely dirty.
I understand what you are saying.

However, a Maple Leafs player cross-checking a Panthers player in the head and the Panthers player's head hitting the glass is what started the after buzzer scrum.

Bennett may have been throwing some cheap punches, but it was a dirty move by a Toronto player that escalated things at the beginning.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Wow. I was wrong. Even curling might be a bit spicy for you. Those rocks do bang against each other loudly. So hockey is out and even curling might be too rough. Ice dancing might be best gig for you, I think.

Intent to injure. Good lord. Get real.

:dunce:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They no longer have to win 4 in a row. They now have to win 3 in a row. The 4th game cannot change anymore as it's already been played.

That said, obviously you've predicted they can't do it.

The Leafs are one of the rare teams that won 4 games in a row after being down 3-0 against a team that 'has their number'.
You are clearly a gold medalist in mental gymnastics. Wow. Smdh.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
You are clearly a gold medalist in mental gymnastics. Wow. Smdh.
From a purely statistical point of view everything they have posted is correct, assuming that each game is a mutually exclusive event.

If the poster who keeps mentioning 2% wants to offer me 49:1 odds on The Leafs winning this series 4-3 I’d snap their hand off.

Each game so far has been very close, if you assume a 50% chance of each team winning a game then The Leaf chances of winning the series now is 12.5%, 7:1.

For the odds on The Leafs to win the series from here to be 2%, their odds of winning each individual game would have to be 27%. (0.27x0.27x0.27).

Winning the series is improbable but much greater than 2%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad