GDT: [ECSF GAME 5] NYR@CAR- THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
So, is somebody else taking the fall here, or am I on the hook for the gdt today?

I’m assuming still you, right?

ETA: You could go super low effort if you want lol.

But I’m obvs cool with whoever wants to.

My vote is against SBA. Our regular mojo clearly isn't working for away games this playoff. What's the saying about doing the same thing and expecting different results?

If it's needed, I'd vote for SBA coming back in for game 7. Hopefully it won't be needed.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Do not change. Game winner gets next game. No exceptions. Play the same way night in, night out. That's the RBA way.

To be honest I'm not a believer in superstition or mojo; I don't think what we do here has any influence on the games but I go along with it just for amusement on the side, so I'm fine with whatever happens with the GDT.

But your post does bring to mind my own personal definition of bureaucracy: when rules are enforced without consideration of the original reason behind adoption of the rules, even if they may have become useless or even counter productive. Just sharing an old man's observations over a long period of time; certainly everyone should feel free to ignore.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
To be honest I'm not a believer in superstition or mojo; I don't think what we do here has any influence on the games but I go along with it just for amusement on the side, so I'm fine with whatever happens with the GDT.

But your post does bring to mind my own personal definition of bureaucracy: when rules are enforced without consideration of the original reason behind adoption of the rules, even if they may have become useless or even counter productive. Just sharing an old man's observations over a long period of time; certainly everyone should feel free to ignore.
You could use the exact same definition for the word "tradition".

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Sooooo....you're saying NRS is Bezos?

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
You could use the exact same definition for the word "tradition".
Sure, except not all traditions have a negative aspect, whereas imo bureaucracy does.

Imo one of the best examples of a tradition devolving into a "negative" impact is cows in India. Anyone else ever drive in a city in India and regularly come across cows laying down in the middle of a city street, lol?

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
For the record, Brindy has repeatedly scoffed at any question about superstition. He doesn't believe in that crap.

Reactions: LakeLivin

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Although I don't believe in superstition and am just playing along for the heck of it, the one thing I really think we should do is to make sure that our home game GDTs are at least enough effort that they're used for the main board Stanley Cup Playoffs GDT. My understanding is that if the home team GDT is too "low effort" the mods will use the away teams GDT instead. I'd hate to cede that to the "enemy".

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Although I don't believe in superstition and am just playing along for the heck of it, the one thing I really think we should do is to make sure that our home game GDTs are at least enough effort that they're used for the main board Stanley Cup Playoffs GDT. My understanding is that if the home team GDT is too "low effort" the mods will use the away teams GDT instead. I'd hate to cede that to the "enemy".
We did With Hank Back in 2019... Worked Great for Washington IIRC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad