GDT: ECSF - Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:30 PM - CBC, RDS | Penguin hunting season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I think when they go over the game they'll realize Ottawa has had a lot of space out their.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
It's obvious EK is not fully recovered. He still has some good moves but his skating is not there. It's affecting his decision making too since he relies so much on his speed it makes him hesitant. Hope the speed comes back over the summer. What a shame a pus like Cooke can keep playing like that and never gets badly hurt.

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
We'll be good. Some adjustments and extra day and we're coming home with the split Friday.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Not our best game for execution. **** happens. We'll be better next game. I really think we can take these guys, but I don't want to be down 2-0, that's for sure.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
Sens lost this for themselves. Bad special teams and not enough at the net.

The Penguins don't look dominant out there so the Sens can definitely compete with them. It's just a matter of how well they adapt for next game.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
If only the Sens could get the powerplay going..

Maybe Spezza in for the next game.

If Gryba and Weircioch are both stil inured I guess it will be Benoit in next time.

Hoffman might be interesting-lots of speed.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Men against boys
Veterans against rookies

Sens have heart, but at some point you have to be realistic about our chances here...even with Spezza we are badly outgunned...

The Pens didn't even play all that well and its 4-1

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
The Penguins don't look dominant out there so the Sens can definitely compete with them. It's just a matter of how well they adapt for next game.

Yeah, Maclean will assess our game one effort and come up with a strategy to adapt to the Penguins for game two. This could include line-up changes, defensive pairings, and (hopefully) adjustments to the powerplay and penalty killing.

Even just going 1/5 on the PP and not allowing a short-handed goal, the game would only be 3-2.

I think we'll be better prepared for game two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad