GDT: ECSF - Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:30 PM - CBC, RDS | Penguin hunting season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I am really not that mad at all about this game... Ottawa played well, they just need to get on rebounds a bit more and stay out of the box... their PK was not too aggressive tonight either, which they need to get back to. Pitts is beatable.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
We weren't as physical as I would have liked, although that had a lot to do with owning most of the possession through the first 2 periods. Anyway plenty of time for us to regroup. We were better 5-on-5 and lost on special teams, simple as that.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Sorry boys just a frustrating loss...trying to be positive...but we need some scoring (our glaring weakness all season) to stand a chance here...

We were a pure perimeter team tonight...this loss reminds me of the loss against Toronto...did we have like 40+ shots and lost like 4-0?

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
Let's be honest.

The Sens got a fluky MAF-like goal and otherwise couldn't finish at all.

The Pens are a team of finishers.

Andy looked very average and the Pens weren't intimidated by him at all.

Every Pens power play has a high probability of being a goal.

Our problems are great my friends, and we need the two days off to figure some **** out.

And Spezza coming back would be very welcome right now.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP

Sens <<<<<<<<<< NHL
May 31, 2008
Oh well, that wasn't even frustrating. I couldn't really care less if they lost against the Penguins tbh. That said, Pittsburgh doesn't even look like a contender. They got lucky on their bounces and we didn't with ours. Otherwise it was close.

I certainly thought Montreal was a lot more dangerous.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Sorry boys just a frustrating loss...trying to be positive...but we need some scoring (our glaring weakness all season) to stand a chance here...

We were a pure perimeter team tonight...this loss reminds me of the loss against Toronto...did we have like 40+ shots and lost like 4-0?

Yeah it sucked too. I'm not too worried it's obvious we need to be pesky and IMO maybe Lats in Kassian out.

We need to be physical but I don't think that line makes sense. The Crosby Malkin duo they threw at us is pretty leathal as well as their depth that can surprise us any game.

Io well let's see what happens. Not too worried we just need to get bs k in it.

Golden

Haven't we suffered enough?
May 3, 2007
I stopped watching so I don't know what was said but well, you know, this is the CBC. Toronto's channel. I love how you guys keep watching HNIC expecting things to change. They hate us. I thought that was well established.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
What he say.

He was basically making his hate for Swedes very apparent, starting with Alfie and the "barettes" in his hair, then moving on to EK, Zibby & Silf. He even made it seem like they were talking about Alfie's hair at the bench. He's such a turd.

edit: Except for Mats Sundin, who Cherry dreams about every night.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Stache owed it to the guys to start the same lineup but now he's free to make changes. I expect no less than 3.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Let's be honest.

The Sens got a fluky MAF-like goal and otherwise couldn't finish at all.

The Pens are a team of finishers.

Andy looked very average and the Pens weren't intimidated by him at all.

Every Pens power play has a high probability of being a goal.

Our problems are great my friends, and we need the two days off to figure some **** out.

And Spezza coming back would be very welcome right now.

Yeah would be nice to have Speeza back.

Andy looked okay but got outplayed by that other guy with the wierd name! I think he'll bounce back. :(

Our PP was terrible and we got burned by a shortie. I guess Erik is not quite 100% game shape. Looked a little disinterested at times and lazy on the backcheck. We need more and EXPECT better from him.
:shakehead

Crowd noise not a factor. Real library out there and perhaps someone should tell these people this is the playoffs, round two????? :amazed:

Chaulk it up as a learning experience. This is a young series and one that is winnable. But we got to play smarter and capitalize on our chances. I expect a better third period on Friday and more intensity with the bodychecks.

GO SENS GO! :yo:

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Jesus, this thread is hard to read. We are a bunch of whiners.

The Pens look beatable. They have two days to work in things. I'm sure we'll see a very different team on Friday.

Go Sens go!

Exique*

Sure, it was a 1-4 loss, but you can take lots of positives from this game and build on them. I say - bring on Game 2! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->