GDT: ECSF - Game 1 | Senators @ Penguins | 7:30 PM - CBC, RDS | Penguin hunting season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011
z0Ueju3.gif

Lots of time to come back...it's only game one

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Well, I can't say I expected much different. Just hope we can get the split on Friday. Pens are beatable.

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
****** game. Score is what happened. A few costly errors, they took advantage. Their special teams much better. Andy let in FOUR goals. Sens wouldn't go get Vokoun's junk, let him see the puck.

Conacher was my favourite Sen. Dumb plays or not, at least he was involved. Not many Sens doing their job tonight.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Did I watch a different game than some people? I thought we carried the play 5 on 5, and a few gaffes/special teams was the difference. This was most certainly not a game where we were outmatched. We have a very real shot to beat these guys, we just have to execute better.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
well of course I finally get to watch a game and they lose, i am totally bad luck for this team.

On a positive note, the Sens made classic rookie errors that will only help the team moving forward. This Pens team has been around the block a few times, Sens will be better next game.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
well of course I finally get to watch a game and they lose, i am totally bad luck for this team.

On a positive note, the Sens made classic rookie errors that will only help the team moving forward. This Pens team has been around the block a few times, Sens will be better next game.

Yep. Looks like the goal at the end of the 2nd rattled some of them. They played most of the third with the jitters.

That's one of the things you live with when you have a lot of young guys.

But we carried the play for most of the first and second.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
The number of missed scoring chances by making a stupid pass instead of shooting is too damn high. Alfie did it twice.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Men against boys
Veterans against rookies

Sens have heart, but at some point you have to be realistic about our chances here...even with Spezza we are badly outgunned...

The Pens didn't even play all that well and its 4-1

You are such a downer dude. We actually competed really well. I believe we can win next game if we play better defensively and Andy gets back to his stellar self, which he wasn't tonight.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Did I watch a different game than some people? I thought we carried the play 5 on 5, and a few gaffes/special teams was the difference. This was most certainly not a game where we were outmatched. We have a very real shot to beat these guys, we just have to execute better.

Feel the same way. We were the better team 5on5, but just didn't finish. Vokoun out-duelled Anderson.

Also felt EK played well, minus a few bad defensive decisions. Wasn't the defensive nightmare/worst thing to ever happen to hockey that some people are making him out to be.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009

The problem are those "few gaffes", especially when they're committed by players who need to be our best defenders if we stand a chance, namely Karlsson and Cowen. Both with F- games. Lots of chances to score though... just didn't capitalize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad