Series Discussion: ECSF: Capitals vs Penguins (Pens up 3-1) (Pens Fans Read Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
Well that was the most embarrassing effort I've ever seen from this caps team, we spent half the game just ****ing around whenever we got the puck and nobody was ready play or showed a sign of life, not a SINGLE player. I don't know whether its **** coaching or just the general numbness of our core guys but we need to wake the **** up at some point and realize the reason we keep losing is our idea that we can't just play OUR game! Always trying to conform to whatever the opponents game is and that plays right into the Pens hands, they were content to let us bore ourselves to sleep and pounce on our stupidity. Also **** this franchise for mismanaging a generational players career, he looks like **** every now & again because he can't get into the game! He needs more ice time EARLY in the game, anybody whose played the game at a high level let alone sports knows its impossible to get engaged when your sitting on the bench. Also Holtby has been abysmal these playoffs save for 1-2 games and I do feel bad for him because he's been awesome every other season and is getting left to dry anyways this year. *****ing about the refs is irrelevant even if that Oshie call didn't occur we would've pissed away the PP with either Shattenkirk or Carlson pounding the glass.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Ovechkin said today that Crosby is the best in the world.

That may be true---but what true champion actually says that? Where's the competitive pride? Can you imagine Ali saying Foreman was the best in the world while Ali was still boxing? Or Jordan saying that about Malone?

Wimps, from the top down.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Didn't want this to get caught up in the emotional GDT.

The Caps need to change up their lines:

90-92-14
8-19-43
65-20-77
26-83-10/no one

Wilson has been a constant force and needs to be getting top 6 time. 8-19-43 has been a good line in the past as has 65-20-77. The 8-19-77 line just hasn't got the job done and they can't keep throwing them out there and praying. Oshie could add a little poise and finishing to the third line.

I'd keep the defense the same but 88 needs regular shifts. He can't be splitting time with 27. (Edit: Schmidt only got 14 minutes tonight, what a disastrous coaching decision)

And I guess they have to hope Holtby gets better.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
What's the correct response when the other team is just in total collapse on the net tactic like that, blocking every shot? So frustrating. And they are at home, shameful. Still, we're just not clinical enough

SashaSemin28

My Krasnaya Mashina
Mar 11, 2013
Darwen, England.
Just feel broken. I honestly don't think I can watch this team as much next year. I've devoted the past 9 years to this team in lack of sleep. I'm getting pretty much done with it. If its a day I'm off, fine, I'll watch but no more going into work on an hour or two sleep at best when the end result is the same. This team completely breaking you in new and inventive ways every season. They seemingly don't care enough outside of a very slim minority of players, why should we?

(The worst thing is I probably know I'll end up doing the complete opposite of this and continue watching every damn game.)

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012

90-92-14
8-19-43
65-20-77
26-83-10/no one

Wilson has been a constant force and needs to be getting top 6 time. 8-19-43 has been a good line in the past as has 65-20-77. The 8-19-77 line just hasn't got the job done and they can't keep throwing them out there and praying. Oshie could add a little poise and finishing to the third line.

I'd keep the defense the same but 88 needs regular shifts. He can't be splitting time with 27.

Not gonna matter with Holtby in net. We are outshooting and outchance-ing them. You can't win with an .850 SV.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Well that was the most embarrassing effort I've ever seen from this caps team, we spent half the game just ****ing around whenever we got the puck and nobody was ready play or showed a sign of life, not a SINGLE player. I don't know whether its **** coaching or just the general numbness of our core guys but we need to wake the **** up at some point and realize the reason we keep losing is our idea that we can't just play OUR game! Always trying to conform to whatever the opponents game is and that plays right into the Pens hands, they were content to let us bore ourselves to sleep and pounce on our stupidity. Also **** this franchise for mismanaging a generational players career, he looks like **** every now & again because he can't get into the game! He needs more ice time EARLY in the game, anybody whose played the game at a high level let alone sports knows its impossible to get engaged when your sitting on the bench. Also Holtby has been abysmal these playoffs save for 1-2 games and I do feel bad for him because he's been awesome every other season and is getting left to dry anyways this year. *****ing about the refs is irrelevant even if that Oshie call didn't occur we would've pissed away the PP with either Shattenkirk or Carlson pounding the glass.

Our generational player short shifted himself the 1st period for some reason while his linemates stayed on the ice...he cant take the heat

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Ovechkin is a shell of what he use to be. He looks like a 3rd or 4th line player at this point. He is only good for a one-timer on the PP.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I think OV threw this game folks. Really do. Wasn't the lack of physical effort or the many elements of skill he lacks. He was throwing soft passes to Penguins even when he had time and space. Literally looked like his goal was to prevent us from scoring.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013

90-92-14
8-19-43
65-20-77
26-83-10/no one

I'd keep the defense the same but 88 needs regular shifts. He can't be splitting time with 27.

elimination game and you think barry will shuffle line up? :laugh: and at this point hoping for loltby to pick up his game is pipe dream. I can see your faith, but team is done, really.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Just remember this moment next year when the watching the capitals sounds like an attractive use of your time

Probably won't watch Saturday. Have family coming into town for my Daughters 1st Communion. Going to do something meaningful with them. Life is to short.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Still not over.

The flaws on this team are stunning in their tragicomic glory.

But they can certainly beat this decimated Pens team in any given game. Three times is harder, but they are in as good of a position as any team that's been down 3-1, maybe except for the shaky goaltending that leaves zero margin for error.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I think OV threw this game folks. Really do. Wasn't the lack of physical effort or the many elements of skill he lacks. He was throwing soft passes to Penguins even when he had time and space. Literally looked like his goal was to prevent us from scoring.

Hope the Russian Mob bet big on caps in 7

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Holtby is done.

He singlehandedly blew this series and it will live on in Caps fans memories for years.

Trade him and see what Samsonov has.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
Entering the playoffs I honestly would never have thought it possible that Holtby would be one of our top worst players, but he has been pathetic and I can't stand seeing him in net right now

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Orlov goal, I would like to think Holts was at least tracking that over. He was no where near in place to stop that. I would like Barry to try Grubby. Many think he is a starter in this league. Holts chat with his therapist and telling the media about, is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad