Series Discussion: ECSF: Capitals vs Penguins (Pens up 3-1) (Pens Fans Read Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Mod notice: Pens fans: This is not a neutral board. If you want neutral board series discussion go here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=183

Also, From our local rules:

10) Neutral Boards vs Home Boards (and Visiting Fans) – This forum is primarily for Caps fans. Things said here may not fly on other team boards or even neutral boards. Similarly, some topics or comments that might be OK on neutral boards may be unwanted on a team board. If a visiting fan truly does “come in peace†and follows the site and local rules then there is likely no problem. But be advised that this is Caps fan “home ice†and rival fans stopping by making questionable posts probably won't get the benefit of the doubt (meaning high possibility of infractions, threadbans, forum bans, etc). On our team board we may make comments about how we don't like rival cities or buildings or teams, but we MAY NOT make insulting, general comments about the fans as people. What we post is searchable on the web and isn't limited to our board. Keep that in mind before posting.

Report trolling/flaming, do not respond to it.

Pens Fans: Do not come in here trying to Pensplain anything to us. This is not your home. If you're here to challenge our posters, get out now. Go to a neutral board. Period.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Need to tighten up the neutral zone play from the get-go. It took five and a half games for Trotz to learn how to seal it up against Toronto.

Sep 19, 2008
Don't want to think about this today. Penguins are very good team. Very good. And while Caps did win this series there's still so much they could improve on.

Just enjoy this win for now.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I hope that this team will channel their hate of Pittsburgh knocking them out last year to fuel them to victory. But they cannot take entire periods off like they did this series.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This is the best team in the league that we're facing. Beat us last year on their way to the Cup, finished 2nd in the league in the regular season despite an incredible amount of injuries and missing their #1D for the year. They cruised their way to the 2nd round and they're looking to end our run for the 19374th time.

I'll be cautiously optimistic because they have MAF in net, but they have what it takes to beat us again. If we defeat them though, I believe that breaking through the 2nd round/Pittsburgh barrier will give us the mental boost and confidence to win it all.

Now, bring it on

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Chicago is out. Wild are out. CBJ is out. Only two top 5 teams remain and only one can advance to the 3rd round. Beautiful

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Capitals should be well prepared for the Penguins. They need to shoot more and crash the net. Fleury had a good first round but he is not a good goaltender. Fire pucks early and often.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I hope that this team will channel their hate of Pittsburgh knocking them out last year to fuel them to victory. But they cannot take entire periods off like they did this series.

I think its pretty safe they are obsessed with Pittsburgh. Want nothing more than to avenge last year's cruel loss.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I think its pretty safe they are obsessed with Pittsburgh. Want nothing more than to avenge last year's cruel loss.

The Caps are or the media and us fans are?

Go Caps! Seems like a good time for Mr. Game 7 to get his first G7 as a Cap.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@hockeyanalysis: Only 2 of the top 14 CF% teams remain. Interestingly this also happened in 2014-15. Those two teams, CHI and TB were the cup finalists.

@hockeyanalysis: If that happens again we are looking at a Washington-Nashville Stanley Cup finals.

Caps are the best Corsi team left. Go Corsi!

A big key IMO will be Washington's ability to shut down Pittsburgh. If they can do that they'll be on decent ground. This team's forwards, and their bottom six forwards in particular, will need to be a lot better. If the bottom six isn't going to score they need to at least be a handful on the forecheck. Wilson had a strong series obviously but the rest need to be way better. It's all hands on deck.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Pens fans surprisingly pessimistic on their boards. I think they're pretty convinced MAF will play the entire series.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
New year and new series. Just put the games on mute and enjoy. If the Caps are going to win a cup this year I rather get there exorcising the Pens and Rangers demons. Caps need to win the home games.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Call me crazy, but I feel pretty good about this series vs Pittsburgh. I think the series against the Leafs was exactly what the Caps needed.

What I am worried about is the fourth line. They've been ****ing terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad