Series Discussion: ECSF: Capitals vs Penguins (Pens up 3-1) (Pens Fans Read Post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Yuuuup. Can't play well unless you're getting good goal tending. Early softies change the entire complexion of the game.

Alas, we don't really try unless we give up a few goals, so yeah, I guess it does change the complexion of the game.

Despite all our GA, we are in 1 goal games every night.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

really. its just as well. better to lose and stink for a few year. wash the bad taste out of their mouths and then try again with a fresh bunch that you can say again that the team history has no effect on these players.

the current group is beyond tainted.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Their success or failure hinges on one guy.....#70.

They're playing like a team that's choking because they're so desperate to score because they have no faith in the heart of the defensive structure.

Tinker with the lines, the D pairs, it's all stupid mental diversions.

Some offense would be nice too skaters.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
What else needs to be said? What stings this time is for all the poor execution and excessive dumb, if Holtby is average, or hell, even below average and not just straight terrible, then this is a 3-1 series lead, at worst, for the Caps. Holtby's save percentages throughout the four games this series starting with G1: .857, .786, .933, .833. Guess which one they won?

Only 4 games out of 10 this postseason has he had higher than a .925 save %. 5 of the games this postseason (50%!) he's had worse than a .890 save percentage. That's a total ****ing joke. He is the reason the Caps are on the verge of another collapse and he doesn't deserve to start G5.

This is actually unreal. What the hell is up with Holtby? They'll probably come out and say he had some minor injury that needs some cleanup surgery and blame his poor play on that bs

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
What else needs to be said? What stings this time is for all the poor execution and excessive dumb, if Holtby is average, or hell, even below average and not just straight terrible, then this is a 3-1 series lead, at worst, for the Caps. Holtby's save percentages throughout the four games this series starting with G1: .857, .786, .933, .833. Guess which one they won?

Only 4 games out of 10 this postseason has he had higher than a .925 save %. 5 of the games this postseason (50%!) he's had worse than a .890 save percentage. That's a total ****ing joke. He is the reason the Caps are on the verge of another collapse and he doesn't deserve to start G5.
Agree.

Do you think Trotz is imaginative or bold enough to start PG?

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
Yeah I didn't think it would but I hoped it might resonate a little bit with even just one fan haha.

I'm telling you, I'd go back and take my 2nd-round-losing-to-Chicago-every-year team over this sad sack of losers any day.

You only appreciate it once something worst is put on the ice

It's not that they lose, it's that they don't give a **** about winning. Rather have some talentless losers who put forth some effort

Nice

Jan 26, 2016
The nucks made it to a final at least. I would kill to see these guys at least make a conference final in the ovi era

maybam

Mar 30, 2010

Pretty damning stuff when you lay it out there.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Had Grubby shown any good play he would have started tonight. He didn't, gave Trotz zero confidence and here we are.

Trotz doesn't have the balls to start Gruby, season on the line. I doubt I would either.

Holtby has ****ed his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad