GDT: ECQF Game 7: New York Rangers @ YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS, 8PM ESPN/MSG/MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I agree I think Mikkola will get a decent deal elsewhere he played pretty good even some top pair....Miller should be locked up 7 per imo he is going to continue to flourish.....They Othman and Will Cullyle had pretty good year too he's ready they might let Tank walk he's going to want money
Keeping in mind the only draft writer on earth to have K'Andre Miller in the top 10 overall for 2018 was myself, I would have to agree with you. I wanted the Devils to take him at #17 overall, as I'm sure many recall.

Cuylle will be a nice addition to the Rangers bottom 6 and Othmann should eventually find his way to the Rangers top 6. They are also both prospects I was very high on from the get-go.

I'm not sure how the Rangers are going to sign all these guys. I'm already hearing they might try to trade Panarin but that might be just a result of his awful showing vs. the Devils over the past couple of weeks.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Fox obviously is who he is.

But watching K’Andre Miller reminds me of watching Ryan McDonagh his first few years there. Not necessarily in play style, just that I watch him and jealously think “goddamn that’s a good player right there.” He’s also one of the few Rags I actively respect just like when McDonagh was there.

In 2018 I remember you rooting this horn. You were right STI, you were right.
Yup, I was pumping Miller for the Devils at #17 overall pretty hard. I'd love to find some of those messages from fans saying I was nuts for having Miller ranked so highly. I took a lot of heat, so it's kind of rewarding to me now.

Cam Robinson (eliteprospects.com) recently wrote me to say nice things about my call on K'Andre. I think we corresponded like 20+ times before the 2018 draft about K'Andre. He basically told me he didn't see all the upside I did, but that he saw my point and I should stick to my guns, which was good advice. He liked K'Andre's athleticism (obviously) and sky-high hockey IQ (obviously) but he didn't see the offensive upside in the way which I did.

By the way, I apologize for not being as active in the draft-writing this year, due to mostly life things. I still watch the prospects, but don't have 100s of hours to write about them like I used to.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I love how Fitz built this team. He placed value on getting (trading / drafting signing ) players with heart , determination , no-quit attitudes. Rangers and other teams seem to neglect that part of a players toolkit.
It’s times like last night where we see how valuable those traits are and how if everyone pulls on the rope at the same time and play for one another , good things will happen. Ya you need talent , but talent alone doesn’t win shit.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Kreider being on the ice for all 4 goals was just the chefs kiss for me because I hate that guys face so much.
This face?
IMG_7287.jpeg

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Yup, I was pumping Miller for the Devils at #17 overall pretty hard. I'd love to find some of those messages from fans saying I was nuts for having Miller ranked so highly. I took a lot of heat, so it's kind of rewarding to me now.

Cam Robinson (eliteprospects.com) recently wrote me to say nice things about my call on K'Andre. I think we corresponded like 20+ times before the 2018 draft about K'Andre. He basically told me he didn't see all the upside I did, but that he saw my point and I should stick to my guns, which was good advice. He liked K'Andre's athleticism (obviously) and sky-high hockey IQ (obviously) but he didn't see the offensive upside in the way which I did.

By the way, I apologize for not being as active in the draft-writing this year, due to mostly life things. I still watch the prospects, but don't have 100s of hours to write about them like I used to.
I think I questioned you having him right ahead of Smith. Actually, I was more surprised than questioning.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
I love how Fitz built this team. He placed value on getting (trading / drafting signing ) players with heart , determination , no-quit attitudes. Rangers and other teams seem to neglect that part of a players toolkit.
It’s times like last night where we see how valuable those traits are and how if everyone pulls on the rope at the same time and play for one another , good things will happen. Ya you need talent , but talent alone doesn’t win shit.
But also understanding that those values can't simply be bought, they also have to be developed at all levels of the organization. In general our young players are doing really well and I don't think it's only luck.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
This is why Fitz is better than Shero. You can’t just aim to acquire random talent at the lowest value possible with little regard for team construction, there’s more to it than that.

Reactions: My3Sons

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
I just saw the handshake and noticed Marty grows playoff beards now that he doesn't wear a mask. :laugh:

Reactions: NjDevsRR

PWiz30

I love to hockey!
Jan 3, 2013
Kreider being on the ice for all 4 goals was just the chefs kiss for me because I hate that guys face so much.
Honestly, it's a shame his career has been ruined by playing for such a fraudulent franchise. I loved him when he played for team USA in the WJC. What a waste.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

We already knew the Marino and Siegs trades were good business, but the Haula trade has turned into great business.

Zacha was never going to bring that type of attitude to a playoff game here. Haula was exactly the type of complementary piece the young core needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad