GDT: ECQF Game 7: New York Rangers @ YOUR NEW JERSEY DEVILS, 8PM ESPN/MSG/MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nico deserves some praise. His line just shut the Rangers top guys down all series long. Checked them into the dust.

Played with no fear as well, constantly playing hard along the boards. Doing whatever he could to get into Igor's grill.

Everyone would like the counting stats to be a bit higher, but he brought a gritty 200 foot playoff game every night

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Watched the whole game and came away with the impression that John Marino is still good and I'm still pissed. Damn the Devils are sick. I like how it's not just the young guys who they drafted high. Palat, Marino, Seigs, Hamilton, Haula. I had my doubts about Fitzgerald when he was adamant about getting Oshie for Pitt in the summer of 2015 instead of Kessel, but he knows what he's doing.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
This is why Fitz is better than Shero. You can’t just aim to acquire random talent at the lowest value possible with little regard for team construction, there’s more to it than that.

Fitz did luck out a bit with the the Seattle expansion draft (Graves/Siegenthaler) more than the Shero did with Vegas (Mueller). But having a top 4 with three RD was a bit of a disaster in 2019-20.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Nico deserves some praise. His line just shut the Rangers top guys down all series long. Checked them into the dust.

Played with no fear as well, constantly playing hard along the boards. Doing whatever he could to get into Igor's grill.

Everyone would like the counting stats to be a bit higher, but he brought a gritty 200 foot playoff game every night

And the universe says it agrees as Nico is a Selke finalist.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I was buzzing until like 3:30 last night. Working from home is the only reason I got anything done today because it enabled me to sleep in until 9:00.

Same man, same! I fell asleep about 3:30, 3:45. But I woke up at 7. It allowed me to watch the game start to finish again before I started working though :laugh: Then I just hung out in virtual meetings rockin my Raise Hell t-shirt and Devils hat lol

Reactions: PWiz30

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is why Fitz is better than Shero. You can’t just aim to acquire random talent at the lowest value possible with little regard for team construction, there’s more to it than that.
Or Drury/Dolan this year for that matter. Tarasenko and especially Kane were just cheap talent acquisition without regard to them actually fitting in with the team.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
Kreider’s face bothers me but he seems like a decent chap.

No one has a more punchable face than Trotchek. Zibs a close second.

Take a number. The back of the line is over there.

We already knew the Marino and Siegs trades were good business, but the Haula trade has turned into great business.

Zacha was never going to bring that type of attitude to a playoff game here. Haula was exactly the type of complementary piece the young core needed

You don't see Zacha with Jack on the 2-on-1 last night? :naughty:

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Maybe they lied, but I clearly remember the explanation from Renney was that he was sick or ''Under the weather''.

I do believe he dressed that game 2, but he didn't play.

If you have the MSG go app (which you can sign in with any cable subscription that has MSG) they let you watch the full replay. I'm not sure how many days it stays up though.

But you have to have an MSG subscription with your cable provider to get it.
I thought it came out later he was still getting over the effects of a concussion, this was before the days of spotters and auto removals.

Actually I was slightly off, he apparently had migraines

Reactions: Satans Hockey

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Really just the goals, led the team in assists, 3rd in shots.

He and Timo are going to benefit the most by playing a significantly lesser goalie.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Watching the replay of the Nico slide when Timo put the puck in the net after the whistle, Igor fires the puck right at him…what a punk. And it was the very next shift where Timo got laid out and the punk glared at him.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
I liked Sharangovich yesterday, I thought he he was much more noticeable than Boqvist who was mostly invisible.
I agree, especially after watching the condensed game highlights on MSG

No doubt.

HoliksGhost

Oct 24, 2007
Watching the replay of the Nico slide when Timo put the puck in the net after the whistle, Igor fires the puck right at him…what a punk. And it was the very next shift where Timo got laid out and the punk glared at him.
Gotta love Timo getting right on that handshake line, bloodied, smiling and patting Trouba on the back, classy

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

No idea how Igor wasn't called for a penalty for this, other than that no one saw it.

Reactions: R8Devs and NjDevsRR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese