Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - IT'S OVER - THIS IS GOING TO HURT FOR A LONG, LONG, LONG TIME

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I just finished watching rocky 4 and I felt this series was a copy of this movie. We drago unstoppable force home court advantage in Boston. A little man rocky ( Panthers) has no chance against a machine that can roll over any opponent. In the movie rocky took drago to the 15th round and knocked him out stunningly for the major upset in capital of Russia. Same here panthers take us to the extreme distance game 7 overtime and whammo a stunning knockout . This upset is one for the ages. I'm so hurt still. A 130 plus point out in the first round it's just doesn't make sense at all.

Big of you to admit to that.

• Haha
Reactions: Gordoff

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Was just another major whiff in a long string of them for this team. Hopefully it still hurts Don and Cam when they are putting the team together this summer.
All season it was stand up for your teammates. Play-offs start, play between the whistles. very Montreal-esque to try to rely on PP. Just another example of Monty shitting the bed in a big spot.
Monty had a small role in it... The stage was set up for the players to shine and put all the bad memories to rest, make-up for past playoffs shortcomings... one more goal for redemption... too much to ask?

They knew fans would be pissed for a few hours... days maybe... then everything will be back to normal again, they'll still fill up the stands and cheer their historic record breaking season while other teams get ready for the real season... the one that separate men's from underachievers.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Monty had a small role in it... The stage was set up for the players to shine and put all the bad memories to rest, make-up for past playoffs shortcomings... one more goal for redemption... too much to ask?

They knew fans would be pissed for a few hours... days maybe... then everything will be back to normal again, they'll still fill up the stands and cheer their historic record breaking season while other teams get ready for the real season... the one that separate men's from underachievers.

Agreed.

Do you really think the players give a crap about what the fans think?

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
All season it was stand up for your teammates. Play-offs start, play between the whistles. very Montreal-esque to try to rely on PP. Just another example of Monty shitting the bed in a big spot.

Do we know for certain that Monty pulled back the reigns on stuff like that? Is it possible the moment was just too big for the players we have? The core of this team has a habit of shrinking when the lights are the brightest.

I think there was a quote floating around from Monty saying something like for the first 2 games they weren't ready for the playoffs.

Its not like we are a young inexperienced team like the Devils. You telling me Bergeron/Marchand/Krejci (not to mention the experience of the supporting cast) didn't know what to expect from the playoffs? This teams leadership group didn't/couldn't prepare the team?

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I cannot f***ing believe they blew a 3-1 lead in round 1 after that regular season.

Maybe the most pathetic choke job from a team I love ever.
Just when i thought it would be a quiet day around these parts.

Queue up Fred Cusick: "And Here we Go!!"

And yes. This loss still sucks. I always thought the first round sweep in '93 by the Sabres was the worst. But 2023 is much worse than that.

Reactions: BMC and EverettMike

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
Jesus Christ Michael.
Best to hit ignore if it upsets you anytime this thread is bumped. Lots of posters just want to move on, but I am not one of them. I will beat this dead horse until I am no longer of this earth. Biggest collective failure in the history of team sports.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I cannot f***ing believe they blew a 3-1 lead in round 1 after that regular season.

Maybe the most pathetic choke job from a team I love ever.

They've had to go to game 7 how many times after 3-1 and even 3-0 leads?

2004,2010 blew 3-0, 3-0 lead, 2013, 2014 blew 3-2 lead against much worse Canadiens team, 2017. Not sure if I am forgetting any

I mean part of you had to kind of expect it.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Best to hit ignore if it upsets you anytime this thread is bumped. Lots of posters just want to move on, but I am not one of them. I will beat this dead horse until I am no longer of this earth. Biggest collective failure in the history of team sports.
No offense, but seems like an awful way to live. It's a sport, and trust me I feel the hurt too, but there's much more important things to stress about that we have actual control over.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
No offense, but seems like an awful way to live. It's a sport, and trust me I feel the hurt too, but there's much more important things to stress about that we have actual control over.
It's possible to separate frustration with a sports team from real life issues. You act like I wake up every day sweating over the Bruins and am actively seething at all times. Far from it. From time to time I am reminded by what a f***ing overrated failure the 2022-23 Bruins were and voice my opinion on it.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010

It’s a joke.

Mike and I email about this shitshow essentially on a daily basis.

Reactions: Midship and hrdpuk

Midship

Jan 7, 2016
It’s a joke.

Mike and I email about this shitshow essentially on a daily basis.
Don't mind me in that case :laugh:. I get riled up every time I'm reminded of this series and the idea that some Bruins fans want to sweep it under the rug doesn't sit well with me.

Reactions: Gordoff and Kate08

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Granted I'm an eternal optimist/glass-half-full person, but in hindsight, the first round collapse was a blessing in disguise. Imagine six more weeks of hopes and dreams only to lose to Bruce Cassidy.
GettyImages-1498299608-1024x683.jpg

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Granted I'm an eternal optimist/glass-half-full person, but in hindsight, the first round collapse was a blessing in disguise. Imagine six more weeks of hopes and dreams only to lose to Bruce Cassidy.
GettyImages-1498299608-1024x683.jpg

The storylines through that series would have been awesome though.

Pietrangelo trying to go 2 for 2 against Boston in the cup final.

Eichel hometown guy

Kessel former draft pick

Bruce obviously.

Mark Stone who a lot of us at the time wanted to pay through the nose for when he was available

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad