Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 7 - IT'S OVER - THIS IS GOING TO HURT FOR A LONG, LONG, LONG TIME

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Hilarious.
Glad I could entertain.

You’re right, the Bruins should do exactly the same thing and this time, hope for a performance that’s not a lackluster, injured, repeat for the , what? How many times? I’ve lost count.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Glad I could entertain.

You’re right, the Bruins should do exactly the same thing and this time, hope for a performance that’s not a lackluster, injured, repeat for the , what? How many times? I’ve lost count.

You want one of the best leaders in the sport, a man who is universally loved by his peers and been with the organization as a teenager, to keep his yap shut.

Like I said, hilarious.

• Love
Reactions: lopey and Bradely

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Glad I could entertain.

This.... exactly! Why players should f... the fans and go where the money talks!!!!

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
I don't know about the rest of you, but I want this thread gone from the top of the page. Yes, it hurts, but I want to forget and move on. Seeing this at the top every time I log in brings it back and makes it hurt more.
It's time to think about next year.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I never thought I would see a day where some Bruins fans WANT Bergeron to leave. Misguided at best.

Bergeron is more than welcome to return, in fact desperately so.

At this point the Pastrnak - Zacha line is going to be utilized as the top offensive line and the Bergeron, Marchand, Debrusk line is the second line. A top 5 second line in the NHL....

The season itself was a historical and memorable run and should be looked at positively. The failure in the first round is a different matter. I've already flushed all memories of the playoffs. A well earned win for Vegas and thankfully not Florida.

Astonishingly, this roster has yet another run in them, begrudgingly due to the work of Sweeney who I despised the last few seasons. His effort in 22-23 was what the Bruins deserved of him and the Bruins remain a top 5 roster.

Ignore whatever nonsense Felger types are spewing and enjoy another final run.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I never thought I would see a day where some Bruins fans WANT Bergeron to leave. Misguided at best.

Bergeron is more than welcome to return, in fact desperately so.

At this point the Pastrnak - Zacha line is going to be utilized as the top offensive line and the Bergeron, Marchand, Debrusk line is the second line. A top 5 second line in the NHL....

The season itself was a historical and memorable run and should be looked at positively. The failure in the first round is a different matter. I've already flushed all memories of the playoffs. A well earned win for Vegas and thankfully not Florida.

Astonishingly, this roster has yet another run in them, begrudgingly due to the work of Sweeney who I despised the last few seasons. His effort in 22-23 was what the Bruins deserved of him and the Bruins remain a top 5 roster.

Ignore whatever nonsense Felger types are spewing and enjoy another final run.
I agree. Just don't be shocked if he isn't the same player by the time the play-offs roll around. SInce O'Reilly shut him down and dominated the Bruins he is 10-15-25 in 34 games. Last 2 seasons in the play-offs he has had 68% OZ starts as well. All time great, love him, come back as long as you want, but I'm not counting on him to be the Bergeron we all love to remember.

As far as fans "wanting him" to leave, two series wins in four years and their argument of trying to find other longer term top two center solutions is certainly valid whehter we agree or not.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I agree. Just don't be shocked if he isn't the same player by the time the play-offs roll around. SInce O'Reilly shut him down and dominated the Bruins he is 10-15-25 in 34 games. Last 2 seasons in the play-offs he has had 68% OZ starts as well. All time great, love him, come back as long as you want, but I'm not counting on him to be the Bergeron we all love to remember.

As far as fans "wanting him" to leave, two series wins in four years and their argument of trying to find other longer term top two center solutions is certainly valid whehter we agree or not.
Bergeron would be an ideal 3rd line C for the playoffs

The issue is .. he is still a wizard in the regular season. Even at 50 percent physical capacity... his experience and IQ alone could dance around good regular season talents.

Imo Bergeron wants to be the #1 C also. It could be a pride thing. He wants to be on 1st pair PP. Take all the important draws....especially late in games

How can a pedestrian coach(Monty) in comparison ... rein it in and tell him "No"?

Monty even apologized profusely... that he should have not separated Bergy/Marchand in game 5.... when this could have been the correct call.

Bergeron is a living Bruins legend. But if a lesser role is unappetizing for him...

The last thing I want to see .... if Bergy and Bruins potentially fail another 1st round. Hate thrown his way.

Last edited:

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

The issue is .. he is still a wizard in the regular season. Even at 50 percent physical capacity... his experience and IQ alone could dance around good regular season talents.

Imo Bergeron wants to be the #1 C also. It could be a pride thing. He wants to be on 1st pair PP. Take all the important draws....especially late in games

How can a pedestrian coach(Monty) in comparison ... rein it in and tell him "No"?

Monty even apologized profusely... that he should have not separated Bergy/Marchand in game 5.... when this could have been the correct call.

Bergeron is a living Bruins legend. But if a lesser role is unappetizing for him...

The last thing I want to see .... if Bergy and Bruins potentially fail another 1st round. Hate thrown his way.
I would sign him around February and he would be elite in the playoffs imo

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

Even though Monty may get more time behind the bench, if Mike
Sullivan becomes available I would love to see him come back. Sorry Monty but this isn't the place to "practice" being an HC, especially in the upcoming Centennial year.

IMO it'll be the Chara story all over again but I don't think that if they tell him he's going to be the 2C or (unimaginable to B's fans) 3C, he may just retire, I doubt his heart would be into going to another team, even if it's a Colorado or another top team. It's going to be a delicate situation for Sweeney to maneuver IMO.
I would like to see the Bruins straighten out the Cap situation. somehow find a top 6 center and then bring Bergy in after the New Year.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocketdan9

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
so im finally rewatching these dreaded choke games. i watched game 5 and i just finished game 6.
hot take but we win game 6 if carlo gets the damn puck out on that pk. we were up 5-4 and fla never even had possession in the zone. 25 sec on pk and csrlo not even pressured really over skates the puck then cant get it out.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
so im finally rewatching these dreaded choke games. i watched game 5 and i just finished game 6.
hot take but we win game 6 if carlo gets the damn puck out on that pk. we were up 5-4 and fla never even had possession in the zone. 25 sec on pk and csrlo not even pressured really over skates the puck then cant get it out.
Not sure why you are torturing yourself

Outside of games 3 and 4... can't rewatch. Game 1 also was brutal on the eyes... not even sure how the team escaped with a win

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Think what you want.
You like letting players off the hook, it's all good. So I guess he was healthy, hurt, healthy x2, hurt and hurt?

I am hoping he was hurt because that was an awful choke job by him. The only way they throw him under the bus like that is if they wanted to cover an injury until september so they could LTIR him during the begining of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Think what you want.

Maybe if he was injured as you claim he shouldn’t have been trying to engage in fights.

I don’t believe for a second he was injured. I think tkachuk got in his head and Ullmark was rattled for the next two games. We’ve seen him collapse in the playoffs before. I think this was just another case of that

Reactions: KWbruin and Gordoff

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Maybe if he was injured as you claim he shouldn’t have been trying to engage in fights.

I don’t believe for a second he was injured. I think tkachuk got in his head and Ullmark was rattled for the next two games. We’ve seen him collapse in the playoffs before. I think this was just another case of that

STILL ryles me up.

Reactions: UncleRico

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I just finished watching rocky 4 and I felt this series was a copy of this movie. We drago unstoppable force home court advantage in Boston. A little man rocky ( Panthers) has no chance against a machine that can roll over any opponent. In the movie rocky took drago to the 15th round and knocked him out stunningly for the major upset in capital of Russia. Same here panthers take us to the extreme distance game 7 overtime and whammo a stunning knockout . This upset is one for the ages. I'm so hurt still. A 130 plus point out in the first round it's just doesn't make sense at all.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I can't remember was there a response from any Bruins players after Tkachuk went after their goalie? Can't think of any times where anybody made his life difficult in games 5/6/7

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad