BRUINS GDT ECQF GAME 7 4:40 PM - THIS IS IT!!!!!! - NESN, ESPN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
He’s not retiring. f***en media shit. He’s still effective and just can’t be your number one. Nothing wrong with that.
If he is going to retire it won't be because he is washed up. He has played some very hard minutes over his career and he has young children at home who he probably wants to spend more time with. Those will be the reasons he retires if he does

Memokerobi

May 4, 2018
Oh well. I’m proud of them. Game 7 down to the buzzer wasn’t what I expected. They have heart…just couldn’t overcome to a young talented Canes team.
I like the team too. They just aren’t as good as the Canes and that’s on Sweeny and co. You get handed a team with Rask, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak and you just have one SCF appearance to show for it and that’s because Tampa lost. They have to go.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Because they just got barely beaten in a seven-game series by one of the best two or three teams in the league? LOL
That's precisely management's attitude and precisely the problem. "Just needed a couple of breaks". Meantime the entire board expected this since free agency last summer. Fire Sweeney (and Cam). But they won't. Cowards.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tough loss, I hope and pray that's not the last we see of Bergeron.

Bruins played their hearts out but to me the bottom line is they have way too much cap space allocated to players who struggle to score goals, both up front and on the back-end. And it came back to bite them again against a Carolina team that can keep the puck out of its net, strong on faceoffs and doesn't take a lot of penalties.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
You think we can trade for better forwards than Marchand and Pasternak?

Honestly? Whats the logic Edmonton will give up McDavid? You want to redo the Seguin trade and get a 3rd liner on a good contract and some picks?

Honestly, what has Seguin really done? He hasn't lit the world on fire. Granted Id rather him center our 2nd line than f***ing Haula. But Marchand is almost done. Move him while you can before you get nothing like Krejci and most likely Bergeron. And Pasta has his moments, but outside of some highlight reels and that one timer. He turns the puck over 24/7 and has his heads in the clouds most of the time. Id rebuild this team 100%. What about the last few years shows you this team as is, is competing? A lot of that is managements fault with the lack of depth and secondary scoring.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Why come back to this dumpster fire of a roster if you're Bergeron?
There's the crux for me.

I think Bergy *could* continue to play another couple seasons at a high competitive level. But the Bruins have no hope whatsoever in the near term with the nuclear winter of an organization that Sweeney/Neely have left us.

So 1. why come back to play on a mediocre team and 2. the franchise might be better served for not having him next year so they get into the lottery and a much higher draft choice in 2023 (if Sweeney doesn't trade it to the ducks for someone with 8 recorded concussions for the 5th year in a row)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad