ECQF Game 4: Bruins (1-2) @ Leafs (2-1) | The 2nd Annual Paint Edition GDT | 7pm - CBC, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I can’t believe what a tire fire the Bruins’ defense is at trying to get the puck out of their end. The entire game was the B’s D giving the puck away or getting into a life and death struggle to get the puck out of their end.

I really thought they had better D. I’m glad they won though, but they need to clean that up and finish the Leafs off.

Reactions: TSBruins13

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I know your not use to winning two games in a series it can be confusing. Have a fun time golfing
Mqdl3ze.gif

Reactions: dukeofjive

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
How can somebody seriously say Toronto dominated tonight? That’s ridiculous. They had a nice push thanks to score effects which brought it from 5-2 to 5-4. Then, Boston completely shut them down for the rest of the game.

Did Toronto even have one scoring chance in the last 5 minutes?
Dominated is a stretch, but at 5v5 they outplayed Boston in every statistical category, both basic and advanced (except the scoreboard, obviously). They outplayed them and lost. And it will undoubtly the game that is looked back on if the series is lost.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
bruins got really lucky. they were outplayed badly.

they know it. you can see it in their eyes.

and freddy man that game winnner really stunk.
Not really. It was a fairly even game but the Bruins special teams dominated early.
The Leafs played most of the game behind which accounts for the shot differential as the Bruins were trying to protect a lead.
The Leafs are explosive offensively but falling behind two goals and then three goals is not a good recipe for success.

cbbb25

Jan 17, 2012
I think this series goes 7 but Boston wins it. Leafs just arent a good playoff team. A good playoff team would know they cant lose this game and still realistically win the series.

Also not sour because I still vividly remember not making the playoffs for a decade. So to see around 20 Leaf playoff games in 3 seasons is amazing.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wouldnt surprise me to see both teams alternate wins all the way through this series...Also, it seems like the hate between the teams has evaporated,and now they're both just concentrating on being disciplined.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Well one would hope this will humble the annoying fan base that is the Leafs....man oh man...anyways
everyone knew this series was going to go at least 6....at this point I see it going 7....it is a true pick em!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
If the Leafs actually controlled the run of the game from puck drop (they didn’t) and still allowed 6 goals, isn’t that a massive indictment of their team defense and goaltending?

sure. some bad mistakes, some bad luck, some isolated great plays by the bruins.

but the leafs were the bettter team tonight.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
A back and forth game it was, the leafs need to win those types of games. Babcock throwing the 4th line and Connor Brown our there with less than 3 minutes annoyed me.

Gunna be a tough one in Boston Friday.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
If I’m a Bruins fan, I’m worried about something.

Matthews played well in the first game and didn’t factor in statistically. Had a terrible game 2, and a good game 3.

He was great tonight and easily could have scored one or 2 more. His line mates have been worse than useless thus far and yet he generates so much by himself.

If Kapanen and Johnsson can wake up and contribute instead of stymie, he can get scary.

A game that easily could have gone the other way.

If only the Leafs could kill a damned penalty and continue using their massive advantage in speed, they would be up 3-1.

Babcock hasn’t been nearly as good or proactive as Cassidy.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Not complaining about the result at all, Leafs got burned by poor (and good by Boston) special teams. But at even stength this game was clearly in Toronto's favour, I honestly don't know how someone could watch and think the Bruins got the best of the even strength play.

Because it was heavily driven by score effects which some people still seem to massively underestimate the impact of.

Toronto needed one more goal and they didn’t even get a single chance in the last 5 minutes. How can you say that they dominated when that happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad