GDT: ECQF Game 3: Your New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers, 8 PM, ABC/ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
What's killing me is that we really just need to see this team play its damn game. That first period the other night was very much 2022-23 Devils' hockey, and it had me feeling like they were going to right the ship after a shoddy, maybe butterflies-fueled first game, but they started trying to get into a bunch of shoving matches and other assorted BS and completely lost the plot.

If they go into MSG tonight and just play like we know they can, say they go there and do something like get a simple, neat 4-2 win or whatever, don't take a bunch of dumb penalties, etc., I would actually start thinking they could rip off three more wins in a row to take the series, but as of yet they haven't looked at all like themselves and won't last long unless they start doing so.

Basically, stop playing like this:
4gvWZ9L.gif

longislanddevil

Jun 16, 2011
Are the lines posted at start of this thread the projected lines for tonight? McLeod centering Meier and Mercer? Interesting….no Bahl? I will reserve judgment as we are all calling for adjustments. I’m just not so sure about these moves…Ruff will likely change the lines mid game anyway.

I’ll be pleased if Wood is scratched. I’m done with this clown.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
With this lineup, 3-0 Rangers series lead. I can't help but be a pessimist with Smith and Wood continuing to be out there. And if I'm wrong, well I'd be f***ing happy.

Edit: I hope the lines Amanda posted yesterday were just decoy lines. I hope we see Luke out there, Rangers have no game plan to stop him. Devils 6-1, Jack and Luke with hat tricks and 3 assists each.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Are the lines posted at start of this thread the projected lines for tonight? McLeod centering Meier and Mercer? Interesting….no Bahl? I will reserve judgment as we are all calling for adjustments. I’m just not so sure about these moves…Ruff will likely change the lines mid game anyway.

Based on Amanda's lines yesterday. And if I were the head coach, I would ask her just to post bogus lines. Don't give the Rangers extra ammo to prepare for.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Based on Amanda's lines yesterday. And if I were the head coach, I would ask her just to post bogus lines. Don't give the Rangers extra ammo to prepare for.
At this point they probably could care less what our lines look like honestly. That being said they will be disappointed when miles is out

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

As mentioned, just projected off of practice yesterday. But if memory serves me correctly, Siegenthaler skated with Dougie in practice before game 2 and his scratch became known at pregame warmups so nothing is etched in stone ever with Lindy.

Goaltender included, Amanda’s lineup just had them listed all together so that is another mystery.

Reactions: longislanddevil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad