ECQF Game 2: Columbus (WC1) at Washington (1) 7:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS2, NBCSN, NBCSWA, FS-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Columbus Lineup
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Jenner-Foligno-Vanek
Milano-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Letestu-Bjorkstrand

Werenski-Jones
Cole-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

Inactive
Broadhurst, Chorney, Hannikainen, Harrington, Johnson, Kukan

Injured
Sedlak, Wennberg

Washington Lineup
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Burakovsky-Backstrom-Oshie
Vrana-Eller-Smith-Pelly
Stephenson-Beagle-Chiasson

Kempny-Carlson
Orlov-Niskanen
Orpik-Jerabek

Grubauer
Holtby

Inactive
Bowey, Boyd, Connolly, Djoos, Gersich

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Needs more

source.gif

Reactions: Capathetic

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
I am apprehensively excited about how the Caps respond in this game.

I think OV is too proud a player to be as ineffective as he was in Game 1

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Liked the things vrana did right in game 1 but he had a few dumb passes that were almost really bad turnovers. He got lucky, Trotz saw that. Still would rather him play tho

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Liked the things vrana did right in game 1 but he had a few dumb passes that were almost really bad turnovers. He got lucky, Trotz saw that. Still would rather him play tho

Bura did a few good things but actually legit cost us the game but he stays?

Connolly is practically useless but he stays?

Trotz is so trash at adapting

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Isn't Beagle one of Washington's better face off guys? If so, plus for them.

Can 7:30 be here already? Been a long two days ..

Ruudukkopupuset

Mar 29, 2018
Vrana is scratched. Horrendous decicision.

Maybe it would be fitting to recite Rami Summanen's teaching in Our Day. "In HIFK we had a player, Jan Caloun, who could score 2-3 goals in a game and I hapless pondered only how he could learn to play defence better."

3666834676.jpg

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
i can only seem to post 3 but everyone is saying the same thing, bad turnovers

Vrana is not officially credited with any turnovers in the game.

Kuzy had the most (3).

I think this tweeter has a pretty one-sided view of Vrana's play and the others may just be an echo chamber.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Do you want more of the Jackets out with concussions?

I hope Wilson wrecks the entire Cbus team tonight. No injuries, just dumps them on their butts.

But I know that won't happen because the refs will be watching for any way to put him in the box and Barry Trotz will cower in fear after the first PK, like always.

Sstroh84

May 28, 2015
Columbus, OH
Jackets already got one in Washington and will be playing more loose tonight. Not sure if they will turn out to be a good thing or bad thing.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Jackets already got one in Washington and will be playing more loose tonight. Not sure if they will turn out to be a good thing or bad thing.
Jackets play the same intensity regardless of down 5 or up 5. People got pretty pissed about it when our guys were still checking late in games this year in the oilers game and last year against the leafs in the final game because they finish hits regardless of time on the clock or what game it is. If they don't they lose ice time or get scratched. Torts and the players leadership group will chew them out in a heartbeat.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Jackets play the same intensity regardless of down 5 or up 5. People got pretty pissed about it when our guys were still checking late in games this year in the oilers game and last year against the leafs in the final game because they finish hits regardless of time on the clock or what game it is. If they don't they lose ice time or get scratched. Torts and the players leadership group will chew them out in a heartbeat.

If that's true they may go up 2-0 after tonight and win the series, maybe in 5 or 6. Caps lack that quality.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
I hope Wilson wrecks the entire Cbus team tonight. No injuries, just dumps them on their butts.

But I know that won't happen because the refs will be watching for any way to put him in the box and Barry Trotz will cower in fear after the first PK, like always.

I don't care who hits who. I just want the Jackets to win.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I hope refs aren't as involved tonight. Game 1 certainly favored Caps with them having 15 minutes of power play time. CBJ should win if they keep to their average 3 minor penalties per game and focus on playing 5on5.

Reactions: Sstroh84 and CPTN71

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hope refs aren't as involved tonight. Game 1 certainly favored Caps with them having 15 minutes of power play time. CBJ should win if they keep to their average 3 minor penalties per game and focus on playing 5on5.

Penalties were about even. The major and game for Anderson tip the scales deceptively. Minors were 4-3 Caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad