Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Reeks of not looking at the big picture, short sighted coaching

Don’t like this take. They go up 2-0 here and you can shorten the whole series at the cost of an extra few minutes now. They deserved to lose but the goaltending kept it a bounce away. Not sure how giving Shattenkirk some extra TOI helps things.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Completely disagree.

After Peake left that had an effect. They wore down.

But the gameplay was fine. Samsonov made some crazy lucky saves. Gotta bury those. Could have easily put up 4-5 tonight with a full lineup and some puck luck.

I’d be the first one to be doom and gloom…but I’m just not seeing a bad matchup with this Leafs team.

I can’t see Toronto winning another 3 of those kinda games. They got it done. Barely.
true.
But they look bad on the back end.
When Carlo is your best D . I like Carlo but. They'll beat the leafs .....but after that ? Cannot recall the Bs ever having a top pair this poor. Ever. And I'm an old guy.

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I might scratch Lauko or Maroon and dress 7 defensemen if Peake's going to be out
Lauko started fine, then it all went to shit. Maroon played 12+ tonight, including top pp in the waning minutes. Never noticed him aside from when he served a bench minor.

I’d consider adding JVR over Maroon, and just park his dumpy ass in the crease regardless of man power.

Gotta think Wotherspoon draws in if Peeke can’t go as well. I’d also consider Lohrei for Lauko, but god only knows what they’d get out of Lohrei in Toronto

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
So it’s 1-1 heading to Toronto and it took the until later in the 3rd to win the game. Bruins did a lot wrong but we didn’t get blown away. Adjust and grind it out in game 3 and we will be fine. A team like Toronto could easily go home for the next game and lay an egg. Bruins have done it and so could Toronto…..very easily. Lots of hockey left.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Being outplayed isn't a foreign country to the BRUINS. If it wasn't for their talented goaltenders(2 of the few really talented players on this team) the BRUINS would have been hard-pressed to even make the PO's.

True as that may be, it is what it is. Nothing for it now but for the team to try and rise to the occasion and the opportunity they have earned.

BourqueFromORRk4277

formerly POPNDOUGH
Mar 25, 2010
Somerville MA
Other than the BS penalty where Tavares dove, Gryz had a really good game. And the penalty was for being physical in front of the net, which would get praise if any other Bruin did it. He even boxed out Reeves a couple times. 3 blocked shots, 3 hits. I'll never understand the hate.

Monty should have kept the Mac/Gryz, and Carlo/Lindholm pairings together, and sprinkled Shatty in on O-zone faceoffs once Peeke got hurt. Mixing the D pairs just invites mistakes.

Gryz got a normal shift in the 3rd. It was Carlo that didn't play a second after Toronto scored the game winner against Mac, and Lindholm. I hope he's not hurt, too.

Mac was also out for the whole 2 minute PP, and then 1:30 with the goalie pulled shortly after. Maybe that's why he was exhausted.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i hate marchand on that right side on the power play.
they need him on the left side. let him come in from off the boards and rip that shot.
also time for a gryz / lorhei swap on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad