Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Maroon in the box was a weird one on the too many men/reaves call

Don’t think Marchand remember show to shoot to score

Hope Peekes ok, but have a feeling he’s not

Good game tho,

DeBrusk is playing great

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
It wasn't goaltending. Their best players were better than the Bruins best players.

Mathews 3 points, Tavares goal.

On to next game.
^This exactly. On to the next, playing second half of the game with only 5 D men after Peake got hurt was a factor. This is why depth on D is important: good to have Wotherspoon and now Forbort just in case.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Anyone else just not really worried?

I still think they’re the better team.

And they will show it. We’re on to game 3.
The Bruins were actually playing better hockey on the road than in Boston the last couple of weeks of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win at least one of two games in TO

I predict they come back to Beantown tied at 2, and am sticking with my B's in 7 scenario

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I give Maroon a pass. Guy had back surgery and this game marks a total of 3? Games back after sitting out since February. He's out of shape. We're lucky he's even available to play. Hopefully next game he gets back to doing what he did best in game 1.

Issue is, he is playing. He should be the 13th or 14th forward. A strong game 1 may have misled fans. Brazeau injury may be more impactful than we realized.

Reactions: Ladyfan

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
The Bruins were actually playing better hockey on the road than in Boston the last couple of weeks of the season, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win at least one of two games in TO

I predict they come back to Beantown tied at 2, and am sticking with my B's in 7 scenario
Same line of thinking is are they really going to let these leafs beat them three in a row?

I think a tie would be best case scenario for the Leafs tbh

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Anyone else just not really worried?

I still think they’re the better team.

And they will show it. We’re on to game 3.
It's going to be a long series, most of us said that from the start. Kind of knew Toronto would respond tonight after their weak showing in game 1. It's one game...I try to look at it this way- if that is their big response, we're in good shape, because they still barely won.

Reactions: Ladyfan and JCRO

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo hit Kneis infront of me so hard I thought a split second later they would be bringing out a stretcher

It’s nuts teams don’t dress 7 defenseman for playoffs

Matthews a massive disappointment in these 2 games - basically invisible to that breakaway

Ullmark deserved better

Bruins basically suck at home

Last year lose 2,5, and 7 at home also v Blues lost 2,5, and 7 at home

Just stay in Toronto

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
It's going to be a long series, most of us said that from the start. Kind of knew Toronto would respond tonight after their weak showing in game 1. It's one game...I try to look at it this way- if that is their big response, we're in good shape, because they still barely won.
They have a player that would be your second best forward out, good thing he is likely close to returning, see you Wednesday. I love this shit.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad