Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
That defensive core of Seidenberg, Boychuk, Chara, McQuaid etc really was great for the playoffs.

I never thought they'd go all the way with such an "immobile" blue line, but that shit was a weapon in the playoffs. Having a less solid back end, along with (for whatever reason) a team that really doesn't break out of their own zone well, is pretty tough this time of year. What we are seeing now.

Coaching needs to make adjustments. The inability to counter forechecks with any sort of alternative breakout is such a problem and it has been for some time. I'm not sure what to think. It'd be one thing if they were introducing different plays (ie not just throwing pucks around the boards) to get out of their own end and it still wasn't working, but they're literally just trying the same "throw it around and pray" strategy every single shift. I'm not sure what coaches are for if not to correct this and it's been going on for a loooong time under Montgomery.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I know we didnt play well enough. But I cant overlook the 5 on 3 that didn't happen.

It's whay I hate NHL officiating so much. The wholke indset is "well, they did two blatantly dirty things so we're going to call one on you as well to be 'fair'".

BS

Yeah that one was weird. I'm in the Roy school. I might have pulled the goalie :cool:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Offense just was non existent really the final 25-30 minutes of the game. Thought the defense was fine besides McAvoys breakaway he gave up to matthews.

Pressure is on swayman. Kind of the moment he’s been asking for to cement himself as the top goalie and earn his next contract. He goes and gets a win the net should be his going forward for at least this series

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
So they start Swayman in game 3, win, and then start him again in game 4. Ullmark was good, even great at times, but he didn’t always look completely sharp. Swayman always did. Give the net to Swayman now and let him run with it. Goaltending “controversy” is over as far as I’m concerned. Also, Swayman’s better on breakaways. Just sayin’.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I will keep repeating what I've posted a few times this season:
No team in the NHL this season has done more with less than this BRUINS' team.
Instead of blaming Monty, just check the reality who is on this team. This team, unfortunately, isn't blessed with a whole lotta talent
This is a hard-working, overachieving team and I, personally, credit the coach.
Monty gets all he can out of them. Credit to the Leafs in how they played tonight. We knew they would be better. The chess match in the playoffs moves to TO now and Monty will have the boys ready. I am sure you will hear him talknove there next two days about getting more shots and o-zone time.

Reactions: Ladyfan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Many here can't see the forest because of the trees.
Still don't change fact Monty sucked tonite back there .Sticks Pasta with Maroon and Boqvist are u kidding me .Never loaded up that last pp chance either.Bruce was better them him under pressure for sure

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The Bruins reacted to the Leafs' play rather than playing like how they did on Sunday.

The Bruins' defense struggled to protect Ullmark, and the Bruins struggled getting into the offensive zone. Passes were off, and skating wasn't there. The Leafs have a weak D-core which was exposed on Sunday, but the Bruins did very little on the forecheck to make their lives harder.

To the Bruins, If you are going to get a penalty called on you for getting punched in the face, you might as well as become the hammer like you were on Sunday.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Heinen needs to show up being on the top lines. Does he even have a shot on net?
Shatty’s weak block attempt and timid play he needs to be sat for Wotherspoon.
Maroon needs to sit for JVR. Too slow and needs more time to recover. He can’t play every playoff game

Peake is a huge loss. He gave some snarl on the backend

I feel bad for Pasta having Heinen and Zacha as linemates.. Guy prob score 60 plus with some real talent and a true #1., we never properly replaced our top two centers and we have a guy from a PTO playing on the top line. I could see the frustration in Pasta so many nights this season when he's s setting these guys up and they're bobbling the puck or he's wide open and can't get the puck to him. I've watched him smash his stick in frustration many a night.. It's definitely feels like a rag tag thrown together group of forwards who overachieved because of Pasta but it's catching up to them now when they're being asked to step up.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Not that Ullmark lost us the game but Swayman should have started. This isn't regular season, he played an awesome game 1, the team played great in from of him. You ride that hot goalie til he gives you a reason not to. This back and forth nonsesne is getting old,especially now when all of a sudden theyre facing a oh no what do we do now, who do we start. Should have been Swayman all the way til he lost then back to Ullmark and so on..

That's what I would have done. But if this is the established strategy now, I say stick with it.

UNLESS Swayman is absolutely lights out in game 3. Then you stick with him lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad