Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 2 - Back to Toronto with the series tied 1-1 - Toronto 3 BRUINS 2 F

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
Giving it back immediately after the opening goal was the killer. I worry about this teams ability to maintain playoff level intensity on a night to night basis. Saw it a lot in the regular season where they'd play a game like they did on Saturday and then wouldn't replicate it for another month.

Festy1986

Apr 23, 2018
Giving it back immediately after the opening goal was the killer. I worry about this teams ability to maintain playoff level intensity on a night to night basis. Saw it a lot in the regular season where they'd play a game like they did on Saturday and then wouldn't replicate it for another month.

It's not the goalies fault though.

Reactions: Gordoff

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
Completely disagree.

After Peake left that had an effect. They wore down.

But the gameplay was fine. Samsonov made some crazy lucky saves. Gotta bury those. Could have easily put up 4-5 tonight with a full lineup and some puck luck.

I’d be the first one to be doom and gloom…but I’m just not seeing a bad matchup with this Leafs team.

I can’t see Toronto winning another 3 of those kinda games. They got it done. Barely.
I hope you’re right but I very soured at the moment and I cannot handle losing to the Leafs. I just expected better and wanted to be up 2-0 against these asshats. Remember we are playing again another team and the officials.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I will keep repeating what I've posted a few times this season:
No team in the NHL this season has done more with less than this BRUINS' team.
Instead of blaming Monty, just check the reality who is on this team. This team, unfortunately, isn't blessed with a whole lotta talent
This is a hard-working, overachieving team and I, personally, credit the coach.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
You have to give a full team effort. It can just be a few players. Dumb mistakes cost us. Can't have too many men on the ice twice. The lack of shots on Samsonov. Not enough forechecking. We knew the Leafs would pushback. We took it to them pretty well. Then it seemed some players just got slow and un-engaged. You can't have that. Your mistakes is what they capitalized on.

Shake this off and be ready to go and win in their barn.

Cam14b

Jan 8, 2018
Tough game, we need to sit 48. 73 and 25 spend too much time covering for him. It makes their own games suffer.

Marchand has been playing poorly since goal 399. He needs to bury a few for us to a chance.

Swayman starts game 3. Might need to add JVR for Maroon. We may need Wotherspoon and Forbert.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
The entire D core was brutal at times tonight. Gryz, Shatty, McAvoy. Only D who showed up was Peeke and he got hurt

yeah i have no idea why we are playing baby soft d-men like gryz and shatty if their breakouts end up looking like they did tonight, i think literally any d-man in the league is plenty capable of blindly throwing it up the boards so why not just play a big one and teach him our foolproof breakout strategy

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Look, I like the idea of having Maroon available.

But I'm not sure I like the idea of rolling him out there at critical scoring moments. Especially for a team that refuses to dump and chase as a way to enter the offensive zone. He's worthless on zone entries and the cycle.

Use him as a physical presence ala Ryan Reaves but let's not force anything. At the end of the day, he's not exactly gifted offensively and he's coming off a pretty substantial injury.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Tough game, we need to sit 48. 73 and 25 spend too much time covering for him. It makes their own games suffer.

Marchand has been playing poorly since goal 399. He needs to bury a few for us to a chance.

Swayman starts game 3. Might need to add JVR for Maroon. We may need Wotherspoon and Forbert.

Take for take this is 100% right.

CheerstoBeers

Jan 28, 2008
Not that Ullmark lost us the game but Swayman should have started. This isn't regular season, he played an awesome game 1, the team played great in from of him. You ride that hot goalie til he gives you a reason not to. This back and forth nonsesne is getting old,especially now when all of a sudden theyre facing a oh no what do we do now, who do we start. Should have been Swayman all the way til he lost then back to Ullmark and so on..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad