ECQF Game 1 | Hurricanes @ Capitals | 7:30 PM | USA,SN360, TVAS2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
As if Don Cherry calling the Hurricanes "a bunch of jerks" didn't make them an outsider for the old guard in the league including Burke (who didn't like the cellys before Don Cherry's comments). That is on top of this franchise being in a non-traditional market and getting dumped on by the "hardcore" hockey "fans." Lastly, on top of the Hurricanes having a bad first half of the season and being counted out as a playoff team. So yes, outsider status is merited.

Also, I wanted to warn the Caps fans on HFBoards to not get their eye balls stuck in the back of their head from all of the eye rolling emojis. Or do you guys have seizures? I want you guys to be able to watch the upcoming games without any eye problems.

If they needed Don Cherry to get them "extra" motivated during the regular season then that is what it is.

For the record I've seen like three prominent hockey people say they didn't like it, everyone else was completely on board and loved it.

Good luck tonight and going forward.

I'm just glad to be able to complain about officiating to a larger audience

Oh god, we aren't going to be one of those threads are we?

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
If they need Don Cherry to get them "extra" motivated during the regular season then that is what it is.

For the record I've seen like three prominent hockey people say they didn't like it, everyone else was completely on board and loved it.

Good luck tonight and going forward.

Oh god, we aren't going to be one of those threads are we?
Neither you, myself, or anyone else in this topic has said Don Cherry's comments gave them extra motivation. So I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Yes, good luck with the series Caps. I hope it is fun for both fans.

BrianBurkesComb

Apr 11, 2019
Im hoping for the Canes tonight, I was really impressed with their season. A lot of exciting players to watch.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Don't really care about these national anthems before games, but that was a pretty solid one.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Let`s go Canes!! I`ve you in 7 serie win - LETS GOOOOO!!!!! :)

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Tom Wilson doing what Tom Wilson does.....big hits and looking to stir the pot.

Canes shouldn't get caught up in his shenanigans though.....if they dictate, keep things fast and north-south, Wilson becomes a non factor.

member 151739

Just had an out of body experience. "You are watching a live look-in." Oh yeah. So I switched to USA. It was a commercial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad