Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The storm is a comin Caps: best GTFO or this gunna be you:

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Since I live in New Bern that hits a different spot.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Last few years, Caps have had tight opening round game 1's (PHI/TOR/CBJ). Will the trend continue?
Some of their best players are money against Canes including Ovi, I only know of Aho being a Cap killer (and he’s been off recently no?)

Any other Canes against Caps? I figure Williams will factor more into game 7

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Some of their best players are money against Canes including Ovi, I only know of Aho being a Cap killer (and he’s been off recently no?)

Williams did nothing in multiple game 7's for the Caps, we loved him but he kind of underwhelmed.

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Williams did nothing in multiple game 7's for the Caps, we loved him but he kind of underwhelmed.
Lol in his defense the whole team did lol. He’s a better finisher game 7 but he’s not a one man team.

Early Trotz teams with his previous system emphasized puck possession and cycling. They had great possession numbers but never scored
Then he changed it to more of a transition game for all lines than increased high danger chances for and against more than before... they have the shooting talent that they outscore their “expected goals” far more than any other team, and I firmly believe Holtby is not as bad as people think... it allowing tons of high danger chances against while allowing less flubs from the boards will affect anyone’s stats.

If Holtby were average or worse, all other things the same, the Caps would lose a lot more games.
The same thing happens this year to Copley that happened last year to Grubauer, they screw his stats; but if too actually watch them this year and last they’re usually fairly good. It’s the games that the whole team sucks that their numbers really plummet And they allow a tons of goals. Games with notable momentum changes with the skaters

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010

Teravainen is >ppg career against the caps iirc.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
golden-misfits-las-vegas-golden-knight-hockey.jpg

I can't wait to see what next seasons "misfit" or "jerks" team uses to prove they are "outsiders" and "underdogs". :rolleyes:
As if Don Cherry calling the Hurricanes "a bunch of jerks" didn't make them an outsider for the old guard in the league including Burke (who didn't like the cellys before Don Cherry's comments). That is on top of this franchise being in a non-traditional market and getting dumped on by the "hardcore" hockey "fans." Lastly, on top of the Hurricanes having a bad first half of the season and being counted out as a playoff team. So yes, outsider and underdog statuses are merited.

Also, I wanted to warn the Caps fans on HFBoards to not get their eye balls stuck in the back of their head from all of the eye rolling emojis. Or do you guys have seizures? I want you guys to be able to watch the upcoming games without any eye problems.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad