ECQF: Game 1 7:11 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | NBCSN, NESN, CBC, SN (4K), TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
...cool? Was that supposed to hurt my feelings or something?

One guy says we're cocky, you say we lack confidence. Confusing stuff.
not meant to hurt your feelings at all. I've called for Bruins in 7 thinking it will be a close series. As for your comment "Most Leafs fans feel like we're guaranteed to lose, while most Bruins fans are the opposite." I honestly believe some Leafs fans lack of confidence is a direct result of not having a winning franchise in a long time. Winning breeds confidence.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
It's a rivalry. And a great one at that.

Also generalizing a fan base doesn't get anyone anywhere- We all have our mix.

The B's are "favored" in this series. But by no means should they be taking this Leafs team lightly.

It's going to be one hell of a series. That's all I can tell you that is certain

I have great respect for the Bruins as a team. It's going to take a hell of a team to take them down.

Reactions: JCRO

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
He did in 77-78 90 pts 211 PIMs. Elite company Marchand I knew he put up offense but did not think he led team in it.

So was he a scorer who was tough or a tough guy who could score
Honestly, predates my time. I think it was more tough guy that could score. He was the one who went into MSG stands.

Reactions: CDN24

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
TD Bank, N.A., is a U.S. national bank and subsidiary of the Canadian multinational Toronto-Dominion Bank. It operates primarily across the East Coast, in fifteen U.S. states and Washington, D.C. TD Bank is the seventh-largest U.S. bank by deposit and the 9th largest bank in the United States by total assets, resulting from many mergers and acquisitions. T.D. Bank, N.A. is headquartered in Cherry Hill, New Jersey.

The Toronto-Dominion Bank (French: Banque Toronto-Dominion) is a Canadian multinational banking and financial services corporation headquartered in Toronto, Ontario. Commonly known as TD and operating as TD Bank Group (French: Groupe Banque TD), the bank was created on February 1, 1955, through the merger of the Bank of Toronto and The Dominion Bank, which were founded in 1855 and 1869, respectively.

Dialamo

Fire Rogalski Hire Pepe
Jul 7, 2007
Montreal, QC, Canada
Reactions: Loosie

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Literally the first prediction in this thread by a leafs fan is a blowout in there favor.

Lots of Bruins fans in here saying it’s going to be very close.
And that one poster speaks on behalf of all Leafs fans, got it.

I predict Leafs win tonight, I also predict no less than 6 games for the series. Everyone has those fans/posters as part of their group, best to leave the trolls be

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bruins fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: should be a great series, could go either way

HF: LEAFS FANS ARE SO COCKY AND INSUFFERABLE
Yeah you don't know if they are stupid or just pretending to be, though it's pretty stupid to pretend :P

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Most Leaf fans have been ****ting on the Leafs for months.. Not sure where you have been.

Most Leafs fans feel like we're guaranteed to lose, while most Bruins fans are the opposite. Not sure what you mean.

you've got to be kidding me. Most Leaf fans have Boston winning.

Cockiest group on these boards before and after they signed Tavares saying they'd win the cup or the very least destroy Boston but now that they went under .500 for the later part of the season, they have to hedge their cockiness so they can say "see we knew we'd lose" if they lose and hope people totally forget about all the cocky threads/comments early on.

Reactions: Zach716

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Bruins 4, Leafs 2.

This is a bold prediction but I think Chris Wagner is going to be the x-factor in this series. Laugh if you must but he is going to pot one tonight and hit everything in blue/white.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I predict Marner will be lightly brushed by an elbow and Leafs media will pretend it's equivalent to jumping into the head of a player who is prone on the ice and facing the boards.

3lcDPOz.gif

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Bruins 4, Leafs 2.

This is a bold prediction but I think Chris Wagner is going to be the x-factor in this series. Laugh if you must but he is going to pot one tonight and hit everything in blue/white.
Best FA signing by Sweeney last summer.

Love the Mayor from Walpole.

If he's not going to hit you, Acciari will for sure

Reactions: TSBruins13

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Clifton is in the lineup tonight. I expect him to throw a couple of big hits early on.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Cockiest group on these boards before and after they signed Tavares saying they'd win the cup or the very least destroy Boston but now that they went under .500 for the later part of the season, they have to hedge their cockiness so they can say "see we knew we'd lose" if they lose and hope people totally forget about all the cocky threads/comments early on.

Sorry, were Leaf fans not supposed to be excited about getting a franchise C for free? Pretty sure Leaf fans were cocky because this site said JT would never ever sign with the Leafs. And yeah, it was fair to call them a contender.

I mean you are going to see what you want to see anyways so not sure why I bother.

Reactions: Loosie

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry, were Leaf fans not supposed to be excited about getting a franchise C for free? Pretty sure Leaf fans were cocky because this site said JT would never ever sign with the Leafs. And yeah, it was fair to call them a contender.

I mean you are going to see what you want to see anyways so not sure why I bother.

LOL so like my original comment said... it's funny when Leafs fans bring up Bruins fans being cocky. The rest of the fans in the NHL aren't going to just forget how cocky you were before you started losing.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
By the Numbers: What was the world like the last time the Maple Leafs won the Stanley Cup?

The year was 1967 the last time the Toronto Maple Leaf hoisted the Stanley Cup and reigned supreme over the National Hockey League.

Things are looking up however, the Leafs are in the postseason for the third straight year since drafting Auston Matthews, who was born 30 years after Toronto's last championship.

The number of non-Canadian players on NHL rosters for the 1966-67 season. The Leafs, Canadiens and Rangers had all-Canadian rosters while the Blackhawks (3), Red Wings (2) and Bruins (1) possessed the few non-Canucks. The Czechoslovakian-born Mikita was the standout of the six followed by British-born Ken Hodge, who notched 800 points and two all-star appearances over his career.

Teams added to NHL. The 1966-67 season was the final year for the Original Six as the league created the Western Division and six new teams for 1967-68.

Stanley Cup Championships won by expansion teams. 13 of the 25 expansion teams have won the Stanley Cup, including five wins each for the Oilers and Penguins. The Maple Leafs and Bruins are the only two Original Six teams to reach the postseason in 2019 and they are playing each other in the first round so it is most likely that an expansion team will claim the Cup for the 30th time.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Clifton is in the lineup tonight. I expect him to throw a couple of big hits early on.

Yes

Marner needs to be hit a few times ....but is a slippery mf

It will be interesting to see how Cassidy does the matchups

Imo should have the Bergeron line against Tavares line

And McAvoy and Chara against Matthews as much as possible

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto

what a load of crap.

you were wrong and got called out on it. suck it up and move on.

Blue Nate

Sep 27, 2017
St Catharines
You've got it all figured out!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad