ECQF: Game 1 7:11 PM - Toronto Maple Leafs @ Boston Bruins | NBCSN, NESN, CBC, SN (4K), TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I predict Marner will be lightly brushed by an elbow and Leafs media will pretend it's equivalent to jumping into the head of a player who is prone on the ice and facing the boards.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Leafs in 5-4, Gardiner is a plus 5

Gardiner should have opted for surgery and call it a season

He is like cursed against the Bruins

toronto-maple-leafs-defenceman-jake-gardiner-addresses-the-media-following-game-7.PNG

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
danpantz said:
Lol. They’re not part of the core because I wouldn’t protect them in an expansion draft you just made up.

edit: also, those "other players" include two top 4 D, and two top 6 F and Dermott but on the Bruins.

Correct. Important pieces yes (just like Toronto has several others) but reality is the core (what is mainly responsible for your success) is older which is why as a team they are viewed as older and people don't put much stock into average ages.

Put another way, remove those 30 + guys and how do you think their fortune looks today and for the next 5 years?

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
So the big question other than who wins is

Does Marchand's tongue/lips come in contact with an opponent in this game or do we have to wait until game 2.

Serious Q Bruins fans - Marchand led the team in points and PMs, Any bruin ever do that before? you have had a lot of salty scorers over the years, could he be the first?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Correct. Important pieces yes (just like Toronto has several others) but reality is the core (what is mainly responsible for your success) is older which is why as a team they are viewed as older and people don't put much stock into average ages.

Put another way, remove those 30 + guys and how do you think their fortune looks today and for the next 5 years?

Remove some of there best players and they’ll be bad. I agree.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
So the big question other than who wins is

Does Marchand's tongue/lips come in contact with an opponent in this game or do we have to wait until game 2.

Serious Q Bruins fans - Marchand led the team in points and PMs, Any bruin ever do that before? you have had a lot of salty scorers over the years, could he be the first?
Methinks Terry O'Reilly.

Reactions: CDN24

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
on purpose?

Leafs have struggled this year every game in Boston. They have a refrigeration problem I was told and will address it in summer. Fenway would know better, he mentioned it one time. Every home game I watch I comment at how the conditions are. Players have to wait to see if the pass is coming, usually costs a the player a second and pucks that are easy pass backs could flip on you. If I was renting it I would be peeved. I mean the owners over rent the ice to everyone nowadays. It needs at least a good 5 hours to be ready. Not this back and forth basketball, concerts then hockey garbage nowadays. My view the product suffers and it is telling how skilled these guys really are. Guess it is just the way business is.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Gardiner should have opted for surgery and call it a season

He is like cursed against the Bruins

toronto-maple-leafs-defenceman-jake-gardiner-addresses-the-media-following-game-7.PNG

Double agent Gardiner.

On a serious note, he just needs to play with confidence. He's decent when he plays his game, when he makes costly mistakes its like a snowball effect with this guy. Just bone head move after bone head move, but honestly he's been decent this season.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Cheevers Mask

Apr 11, 2019
Big hype here just outside the GTA.

That 2nd PP unit for the Leafs with Gardiner being the only d-man could be exploited by the Bruins PK'ers. I can see Marchy coming over the boards with a big smile on his face during his second shift of the PK and scoring a SH goal.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I do think that a ton of people will eat a lot of crow. I hope the Leafs win just due to how cocky Bruins fans have been. Not that they shouldn't be cocky, but at least wait to win before doing the victory laps.
It's a rivalry. And a great one at that.

Also generalizing a fan base doesn't get anyone anywhere- We all have our mix.

The B's are "favored" in this series. But by no means should they be taking this Leafs team lightly.

It's going to be one hell of a series. That's all I can tell you that is certain

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I think the lack of confidence is a direct result of not winning since 1967.
...cool? Was that supposed to hurt my feelings or something?

One guy says we're cocky, you say we lack confidence. Confusing stuff.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Methinks Terry O'Reilly.
He did in 77-78 90 pts 211 PIMs. Elite company Marchand I knew he put up offense but did not think he led team in it.

So was he a scorer who was tough or a tough guy who could score

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would be surprised if this does not go 6 or 7 games as a Bruin fan. Regular season means little now. I am not thinking this is a slam dunk, 2 very good teams, horrible playoff format in my view.

Reactions: Rob Brown

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Bruins fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: should be a great series, could go either way

HF: LEAFS FANS ARE SO COCKY AND INSUFFERABLE

Not really

But you are!

You dont even know who Carlo is

How dare you

To be honest I dont even know who or how good the Leafs 4th line is... does Babcock even play it much?

I guess we will farmiliarize with all the players soon enough

Reactions: blazenlo

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Bruins fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: Bruins in 5
Some Leafs fans: should be a great series, could go either way

HF: LEAFS FANS ARE SO COCKY AND INSUFFERABLE

6-2 leafs. Then everyone will be thinking about this series differently...

Literally the first prediction in this thread by a leafs fan is a blowout in there favor.

Lots of Bruins fans in here saying it’s going to be very close.

Reactions: blazenlo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad