ECQF/ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs Part 5 (Toronto Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Avery called it.

Imagine the heavyweight goon fight between Matthews and Krejci? That would be a banger.

I hope so. Kampfer is just so forgettable.

Kampfer appears to be in.

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Carlo
Grzelcyk-Kampfer

It's true, Kampfer isn't flashy, but he is a veteran and both he and Gryz can move the puck. That's half the battle against these speedy leafs!

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Hoping for an intense game with fair reffing on both sides.

The call on Gauthier, hooking penalty by Kadri were both done by Bruins throughout the game. Either call both sides or neither.

Then there was a blatant missed high stick on Tavares that was called against the Leafs on multiple occasions this series.

The Leafs would have lost game 2 regardless, but it was quite the pathetic display of officiating.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Hoping for an intense game with fair reffing on both sides.

The call on Gauthier, hooking penalty by Kadri were both done by Bruins throughout the game. Either call both sides or neither.

Then there was a blatant missed high stick on Tavares that was called against the Leafs on multiple occasions this series.

The Leafs would have lost game 2 regardless, but it was quite the pathetic display of officiating.

I can't disagree with you.

I think we will all see a different "approach" to officiating in TOR.

Reactions: Blueboy

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
If Krug is playing, I anticipate a lot of mistakes. The Leafs should take the body to him hard.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
Anyone know if Jack Edwards has gone off on Kadri yet? I asked this on the Bruins boards and that was a mistake, I know he didn't call the game and I can't find anything on twitter, has he been on radio or is he saving it for tonight?

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Yeah, probably the mutual respect thing. I associate the Bruins with some of the best, epic playoff series I've seen in my life. And aside from a stretch a few decades ago, both teams have come out pretty even. The last two, 2011 and 2014, had some terrific hockey and dramatic endings with each team winning one. We're each other's worthiest villains. How could you not respect that -- it's why we watch this stupid sport!

And maybe a little bit of this.;)

I actually find this interesting. I am soon to be 55 and have lived through all the heartaches of being beaten by the Habs. I think if was to honestly look at a reversal I would likely want to see the Leafs win a Stanley Cup before the Habs. I clearly respect the Habs ( although I hate them at the same time ) and even though during the heat of these playoffs with Bruins and Leafs fans are at each other ( thanks Lshap for tolerating us ) I still have a soft spot for the loveable loser Leafs and hope to see the 1967 curse broken at some point. Just not this year.

Reactions: JamesFord and Lshap

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
I’m stunned Krug isn’t concussed. His legs completely gave out and he didn’t know where he was. Extremely hard for me to believe with his history and Bruins history of gross incompetence and negligence when it comes to diagnosing concussions (why were they cool with Backes turning himself into a self-proclaimed enforcer?)

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’m stunned Krug isn’t concussed. His legs completely gave out and he didn’t know where he was. Extremely hard for me to believe with his history and Bruins history of gross incompetence and negligence when it comes to diagnosing concussions (why were they cool with Backes turning himself into a self-proclaimed enforcer?)

Because if Backes wants to do it then who is gonna stop him. He felt he needed to do it to justify his spot in the lineup and you know....he was probably right

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Because if Backes wants to do it then who is gonna stop him. He felt he needed to do it to justify his spot in the lineup and you know....he was probably right
Okay. Hopefully the Bruins enjoy the future lawsuits.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York

Shocked by that as well. It didn’t look good right after he got hit.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Anyone know if Jack Edwards has gone off on Kadri yet? I asked this on the Bruins boards and that was a mistake, I know he didn't call the game and I can't find anything on twitter, has he been on radio or is he saving it for tonight?

He'll probably call him stupid and call the play the dumbest play in the history of hockey (until something else borderline happens in the 1st period tonight, then it'll be the second dumbest). I really doubt he'll go on a huge rant about it because it was a stupid play, DeBrusk is apparently fine, and Kadri is going to be made an example of.

Krug playing tonight is a shock. He got ROCKED by Muzzin. Perfectly clean and beautiful hit but he got launched into the boards and it looked like he hit his head on the glass when his helmet came off. Glad to see he's ok, our offense tends to be quite anemic without him.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Why is that? Too much physical rough stuff last game? Have you watched any of the other series?
Ya I don’t get it at all. Not just this year either.

Seems like every round 1 series out west every year is jam packed with hits, scrums, borderline egregious plays and we never hear about it.

In the east it’s full of guys staring the refs down every shift begging for calls.

Obviously it happens out west too, before the internet corrector squad jumps in here. But eastern conference games historically just feel tame by comparison.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad