ECQF/ADSF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (A3) Toronto Maple Leafs Part 5 (Toronto Leads 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
How much are the tickets for tonight's game? How many tickets are reserved seating for corporations? The playoff atmosphere will be there but they fail to compare against every other playoff game because of the fan mix. Columbus, Nashville, Jets, Boston, Pitts, etc...

It's much different in Toronto - Like I said nothing compares to the We the North because those are the fans that can't get in! Guessing louder than inside.
Yeah, all of the suites are corporate owned and a good amount of season seat holders in the lower bowl are as well. Unfortunately there is incredible demand which drives up prices, but I do agree that the team messed up by giving so many season seats to companies early on. The only way you can buy season seats now is to buy the license on the open market, which will cost you an arm and a leg. I'm on the wait list but I'm like 3,100 in line, and they told me they only have like two seats available each year, if that.

Agree on the other cities you mentioned, but then again half of the lower bowl in Pittsburgh was empty yesterday with 5 minutes left, so that's not a good look at all. Of that list, I've been to Columbus, Nashville and Boston as well (Boston for playoffs, other two for regular season) and agree that they all have good atmospheres.

Maple Leaf Square (Jurassic Park for Raptors games) is cool and a testament to the fan support (as is every single Leafs away game), but from what I can see it's a lot of teenagers/young adults. Not really my scene, especially cause they jack up beer prices out there. It's similar to why I don't like watching playoff games at bars - way too loud, expensive and you deal with a lot of people that really don't know what they're talking about. I'm probably generalizing but that's my opinion. I remember having to watch Game 5 against Washington at a bar downtown and it wasn't a fun experience.

I still remember walking into the ACC in 2013 before Game 3 against Boston and seeing a teenage girl lying on the ground puking everywhere with paramedics rushing to help her. That was the first year they opened up Maple Leaf Square and it looked like a total gong show, so I'd imagine it's a bit more controlled now.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
That would have been a good show!

Always a good crowd when Boston is in town, though. A good amount of Bruins fans show up.
Still never seen Boston live in my life which is ridiculous.

I’m a Steelers fan too and saw them once in Buffalo. They played their 2nd stringers all game that day lol.

My lot in life I guess!

Reactions: Rob Brown

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Yeah, all of the suites are corporate owned and a good amount of season seat holders in the lower bowl are as well. Unfortunately there is incredible demand which drives up prices, but I do agree that the team messed up by giving so many season seats to companies early on. The only way you can buy season seats now is to buy the license on the open market, which will cost you an arm and a leg. I'm on the wait list but I'm like 3,100 in line, and they told me they only have like two seats available each year, if that.

Agree on the other cities you mentioned, but then again half of the lower bowl in Pittsburgh was empty yesterday with 5 minutes left, so that's not a good look at all. Of that list, I've been to Columbus, Nashville and Boston as well (Boston for playoffs, other two for regular season) and agree that they all have good atmospheres.

Maple Leaf Square (Jurassic Park for Raptors games) is cool and a testament to the fan support (as is every single Leafs away game), but from what I can see it's a lot of teenagers/young adults. Not really my scene, especially cause they jack up beer prices out there. It's similar to why I don't like watching playoff games at bars - way too loud, expensive and you deal with a lot of people that really don't know what they're talking about. I'm probably generalizing but that's my opinion. I remember having to watch Game 5 against Washington at a bar downtown and it wasn't a fun experience.

I still remember walking into the ACC in 2013 before Game 3 against Boston and seeing a teenage girl lying on the ground puking everywhere with paramedics rushing to help her. That was the first year they opened up Maple Leaf Square and it looked like a total gong show, so I'd imagine it's a bit more controlled now.

I'm not trying to knock leaf fans - one of the most if not most passionate fans. It's sad thing to see in Toronto.

The easiest compare for Toronto fans is this simple - RAPS versus LEAFS.

The rap fanbase have much more energy - guessing lower ticket prices and more seating however having been to leaf and rap games there is a very clear distinction and obvious suit domination at leaf games.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I'm not trying to knock leaf fans - one of the most if not most passionate fans. It's sad thing to see in Toronto.

The easiest compare for Toronto fans is this simple - RAPS versus LEAFS.

The rap fanbase have much more energy - guessing lower ticket prices and more seating however having been to leaf and rap games there is a very clear distinction and obvious suit domination at leaf games.
Oh I know, I don't have a problem with what you're saying.

Yep, different audience/demographics and tickets are less expensive, but as far as I can tell Raptors prices are starting to increase. The Raptors are also much more deliberate about pumping up the crowd.

Reactions: Loosie and Blowfish

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014

My brother and I, along with two cousins have been on the wait list for leaf season tickets since the late 90’s. I don’t think we’re even close yet. I don’t even think about it anymore.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Oh I know, I don't have a problem with what you're saying.

Yep, different audience/demographics and tickets are less expensive, but as far as I can tell Raptors prices are starting to increase. The Raptors are also much more deliberate about pumping up the crowd.

Good stuff...and wishing good luck tonight. It will be interesting to see how both teams respond.

Reactions: Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
My brother and I, along with two cousins have been on the wait list for leaf season tickets since the late 90’s. I don’t think we’re even close yet. I don’t even think about it anymore.
I don't remember when I signed up but it was likely 2006 or 2007...when I called them last year they told me I was around 3,100. You might be closer than you think.

Reactions: koyvoo

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I don't remember when I signed up but it was likely 2006 or 2007...when I called them last year they told me I was around 3,100. You might be closer than you think.
Lol imagine buying those for your kid, like hey buddy I got you something.

What’s that dad?

Season tickets for the Leafs! When I’m dead and you’re 65, it’s gonna be awesome!

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Lol imagine buying those for your kid, like hey buddy I got you something.

What’s that dad?

Season tickets for the Leafs! When I’m dead and you’re 65, it’s gonna be awesome!
Haha that's pretty much the only reason I even bothered keeping track of where I am. I'm 28 now and don't expect it until I'm retired but even then based on current numbers released each year it's probably slim at all. Would sure be nice if MLSE built a bigger arena! 25,000 capacity!

Reactions: easton117

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
Without quoting the post, I’m going back to the pole question on the Habs board. I believe the results though. (Habs fan want Boston to beat Toronto by a wide margin) I have one particular Hab fan at my work that gets equal enjoyment from a leaf loss as he does for a Montreal win! Seriously! Regular season or playoffs!

I guess a lot of the Habs fans are cut from the same mould.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
I was scrolling through the Habs forum and found what I thought was an interesting poll by @Lshap

In short, it asked Habs fans: Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?
I was somewhat shocked to see 75% of Habs fans wanted the Bruins to beat the Leafs. I say this as the Bruins have in my opinion a far bigger rivalry with the Habs over the last 40 or so years. I would have fully expected the Habs fans to be rooting against their biggest arch rival yet surprisingly to me they seem to hate the Leafs more then the Bruins even though in my opinion they have a far less heated history with the Leafs.

I honestly wonder why that is?

Have you ever scrolled the main board? I don’t know that if you polled your average habs fan that the results would be the same. But when it comes to the HF community I’m not at all surprised to see those results

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
I was scrolling through the Habs forum and found what I thought was an interesting poll by @Lshap

In short, it asked Habs fans: Boston or Toronto: Who are you rooting for/against?
I was somewhat shocked to see 75% of Habs fans wanted the Bruins to beat the Leafs. I say this as the Bruins have in my opinion a far bigger rivalry with the Habs over the last 40 or so years. I would have fully expected the Habs fans to be rooting against their biggest arch rival yet surprisingly to me they seem to hate the Leafs more then the Bruins even though in my opinion they have a far less heated history with the Leafs.

Because we have an annoying fan base?

:sarcasm:

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
We GOT this. LET'S GOOOOOO!!

MWfBc0G.gif

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Yeah, probably the mutual respect thing. I associate the Bruins with some of the best, epic playoff series I've seen in my life. And aside from a stretch a few decades ago, both teams have come out pretty even. The last two, 2011 and 2014, had some terrific hockey and dramatic endings with each team winning one. We're each other's worthiest villains. How could you not respect that -- it's why we watch this stupid sport!

Because we have an annoying fan base?
And maybe a little bit of this.;)

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Haha that's pretty much the only reason I even bothered keeping track of where I am. I'm 28 now and don't expect it until I'm retired but even then based on current numbers released each year it's probably slim at all. Would sure be nice if MLSE built a bigger arena! 25,000 capacity!
God they’d fill it nightly still.

Clearly no one has shown MLSE the numbers yet. Because that’s the only reason I can think of for why they don’t play in an nfl size stadium.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
I have my own playoff game (with currently only 8 skaters) at 7:30pm PST. I really hope this is a blow out so I don't have to miss the end of a close game.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
God they’d fill it nightly still.

Clearly no one has shown MLSE the numbers yet. Because that’s the only reason I can think of for why they don’t play in an nfl size stadium.
Yeah, sadly it's decades away. ACC/SBA is still a top notch arena and they continue to pump money into it.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
If DeBrusk plays our enforcer (Matthews) gunna face punch him at center ice and set the tone early.

Big bad Leafs.
Don't poke the (polar)bear.

Avery called it.

Imagine the heavyweight goon fight between Matthews and Krejci? That would be a banger.

Krug, DeBrusk and John Moore are skating with Boston this AM.

No Clifton or Johansson.

Wonder if Cassidy will add Moore as #6RD in place of Kampfer.

I hope so. Kampfer is just so forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad