ECQF: (A2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (A3) Tampa Bay Lightning | Series tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022

Are those just OT? If it's full game, is it 5v5?

edit here's 5v5 - obvious HDCF and attempts are going to heavily favour the team that had a 1:50 5v3. I thought for the other 58 minutes, Toronto was slightly better. The embellishment by Foote just started them down an unfortunate path to letting Tampa back into the game.

1652484301071.png

Last edited:

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Let's be honest, nobody has any clue what's going to happen in game 7.

The only thing that is known, is that a lot of people will way over-react and build huge narratives off of it. Here's a sample of narratives to come:

If Leafs wins:
"Tampa's window is closed!"
"Tampa can't win without bubble hockey/cap shenanigans!"
"Leafs have broken the curse, they are unstoppable now!"

If Tamps wins:
"Leafs are cursed!"
"Leafs are chokers!"
"Leafs should blow it up, Dubas and Keefe are gone!"

As much fun as it is to roast other teams, none of these narratives are true or will become true tomorrow. This series, like a lot of series, could literally come down to one bounce. That's it. The reality is both teams are great teams, both capable of winning the cup this year and likely will for years to come.
But those are just morons spewing that nonsense. Never be influenced by fools/trolls, they’re not worth the time of day.

It’s been a hard fought series that neither team or it’s fans should feel too down
about losing. The odd player on each team could probably eat a little crap for their individual performances but overall it’s two primo teams giving each other all they can handle.
Regardless of tomorrow nights result the Bolts and Leafs can walk tall.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
You mean the new guys we picked up for the post season?

How'd you manage that anyway?

Clearly the Refs are biased towards the Bolts. Must be that they're on the payroll?

Surely dozens of pages and hundreds of posts from Leafs fans who were convinced the series is over in the 2nd period can't be wrong in that regard.

Wester

Oct 5, 2020
Hungary

Clearly the Refs are biased towards the Bolts. Must be that they're on the payroll?

Surely dozens of pages and hundreds of posts from Leafs fans who were convinced the series is over in the 2nd period can't be wrong in that regard.
But we can't even afford it, cause we are a poverty franchise, no?

• Haha
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

I have never been convinced the series is over 8 I am still not convinced) nor have I posted about the refs.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I have never been convinced the series is over 8 I am still not convinced) nor have I posted about the refs.

I meant all leafs fans.

But you are leafs fans.

But I meant one leafs fans.

You are one leafs fans.

You are leafs fans.

My head hurts.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I meant all leafs fans.

But you are leafs fans.

But I meant one leafs fans.

You are one leafs fans.

You are leafs fans.

My head hurts.
How could you mean all Leaf fans. A majority of whom ( like fans of all teams) are not even on the board. Of the ones on the board, not all of them were convinced the series was over nor did they complain about the refs. A lot have though, talk about those ones.

Reactions: bukwas

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
I think part of the problem for Leaf fans complaining about reffing, social media can be an echo chamber for these things. Go on twitter and there's a thousand tweets showing the bad high stick call from last night. Now look for a replay of the missed call when Stamkos got high sticked late in game 5, there is none. Look for a replay of Marner diving earlier in the series, no video.
Bad calls have gone both ways in this series, but with a ravenous fanbase dominating the conversation it skews the perspective and only highlights one side of the equation. Also doesn't help when some of the national media guys start showing there biases in it too.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
I think part of the problem for Leaf fans complaining about reffing, social media can be an echo chamber for these things. Go on twitter and there's a thousand tweets showing the bad high stick call from last night. Now look for a replay of the missed call when Stamkos got high sticked late in game 5, there is none. Look for a replay of Marner diving earlier in the series, no video.
Bad calls have gone both ways in this series, but with a ravenous fanbase dominating the conversation it skews the perspective and only highlights one side of the equation. Also doesn't help when some of the national media guys start showing there biases in it too.

True.

But the 3rd period of an elimination game and the refs f***ed up? Timing is everything here.

OT comes and Killorn hangs onto AM for like 6 full seconds with the ref right there, and NOW they swallow the whistle, again timing is everything here.

of course leaf fans blame the refs instead of their players imploding again and their "star" cherry picking in OT and falling down like a baby giraffe trying to walk for the first time.

tampa takes game 7 in a blowout.

It will 100% not be a blowout.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Would be cool to see Nick Paul score and give everyone in Ontario a chance to be happy for the local kid scoring his first playoff goal. :naughty:

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

SwissLeaf

Feb 6, 2012

Also all of those emotions right there

I shouldn't like it, but these are great emotions. Hopefully it will be the opposite at the end of tonight's game.

It's been a great series and the winner will go deeeeep. Let's hope for a great game, may the better team win... Hopefully it'll be the Leafs.

GO LEAFS GO!

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Both teams are playing for an ECF tonight.

Toronto and Tampa will go easily through FLA. In 5. Maximum in 6.
people keep underestimating florida... they're actually good.

I can see Toronto beating them, but Tampa looks worse this year.. they're just slower..panthers will eat em up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad