ECQF: (A2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (A3) Tampa Bay Lightning | Series tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I see it was a wise decision to take a break from here. People losing their minds over the Leaf losings a game they were by far the better team in. I feel confident they win tonight.

But even if they don't, if they lose like they did game 6, I'd be sad but proud of how far the team has come. They are not just playing scared when it matters but controlling play and not getting the bounces. That's growth and that's hockey.

But it would suck as I would need to take a break from all hockey social media until all the idiots finished their try hard troll attempts and fake Leaf fans finished their meltdowns.

Reactions: 3blizzard4

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
decent refs for tonight IMO. They usually call a fair game and do not fall for "fakes" like Tampa players have been doing

View attachment 546483

I don't know why everyone loves McCauley. Is it because of his "5 minutes for fighting" schtick? I find games by him annoying to watch because he's the textbook "call nothing" which I think is worse than someone who calls everything because he allows way too much interference/illegal impediment to take place.

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
I see it was a wise decision to take a break from here. People losing their minds over the Leaf losings a game they were by far the better team in. I feel confident they win tonight.

But even if they don't, if they lose like they did game 6, I'd be sad but proud of how far the team has come. They are not just playing scared when it matters but controlling play and not getting the bounces. That's growth and that's hockey.

But it would suck as I would need to take a break from all hockey social media until all the idiots finished their try hard troll attempts and fake Leaf fans finished their meltdowns.
That's what I do after every series loss.
Toronto has taken just about every team to the brink since Matthews has come on board, but they haven't yet finished.

The sniping, ridiculing and otherwise doom and gloom don't interest me one iota, so I just take the summer off HF until October comes along.
I'm not on any social media so that's extremely easy for me to avoid.

Good for my sanity.

decent refs for tonight IMO. They usually call a fair game and do not fall for "fakes" like Tampa players have been doing

View attachment 546483
Along with a fair game, I just want the officials to allow the players to be the story on the ice.

Win or lose, as long as the players are the ones contributing to the decision, that's all good.

Fainting Couch

Jun 21, 2019
Look who is ready for another game 7!

dgy49a1.jpg

Reactions: Drytoast

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don't know why everyone loves McCauley. Is it because of his "5 minutes for fighting" schtick? I find games by him annoying to watch because he's the textbook "call nothing" which I think is worse than someone who calls everything because he allows way too much interference/illegal impediment to take place.

at least he is consistent. Its not like he calls infractions on one team but the same infractions by other team is "fair play"

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
You and I have different definitions and understanding of what would be interesting and epic. Carry on....

How could you not find it EPIC? It's the two most exciting teams in the Atlantic that has a chance to build a rivalry we haven't seen since the Detroit/Colorado days.

These two teams playing against one another could be the best thing for the game of hockey in decades. And after all the stuff people have been through the past 2 or 3 years, we need this! And we deserve this!

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
I think I and most of the Lightning fans are pretty calm about this game. I suppose B2B cups takes that edge off.

If Vasy plays like he has in other game seven’s and the team shows up we probably win.

Good luck Leaf fans, Been a great series.

Reactions: KUUUUUUUUCH and U55

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
How could you not find it EPIC? It's the two most exciting teams in the Atlantic that has a chance to build a rivalry we haven't seen since the Detroit/Colorado days.

These two teams playing against one another could be the best thing for the game of hockey in decades. And after all the stuff people have been through the past 2 or 3 years, we need this! And we deserve this!

Watching my team not advance is not "epic" in any shape or form. Feel free to jump on the bandwagon of either tampa/ florida in regular season to get your "fix"

its playoffs and I want my team to advance. For the best thing to happen to the game of hockey is for Toronto to advance as far as I am concerned.

I bet Cooper isn't real happy about the refs. McCauley is the ref that kicked Cooper out of a game this season.

The amount of "flops", "dives" and "fakes" that tampa players do on ice; it is amazing that cooper has been thrown out only once for the amount of nagging he does behind the tampa bay divas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad