ECQF: (A2) Toronto Maple Leafs vs (A3) Tampa Bay Lightning | Series tied 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It would be amazing to see FL vs Tampa in a best of 7! Make it happen, hockey gods!

We want and deserve this level entertainment!!!!

I think hockey deserves better than having a team in Ottawa where fans don't even show up. GM of the team has to beg fans and says that they are not gonna spend to the full cap until every game is sold out. That is one sorry franchise. Hockey gods gonna make that happen. Hockey deserves better than this!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It all feels eerily familiar, which makes me super uncomfortable.

It will be interesting to see what the big 4 do in this game, it's not the same scenario as last year, they haven't really blown anything but they did have a chance to close it out and failed. One would have to think that the team is very nervous going into this one.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
decent refs for tonight IMO. They usually call a fair game and do not fall for "fakes" like Tampa players have been doing

1652543522688.png

• Haha
Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I had absolutely zero issues till Game 5 of the series with either the bolts or bolts fans (had some issues with "smug" leafs fans who vomit BS posts all the time). Team that showed up won the games and reffing for the most part did not decide outcome of the game.

Game 6 on the other hand pissed the F outta me. Now I have issues with bots, bolts fans,, the refs and continue to dislike some smug BS posts by some Leafs fans. f***ing learn to be humble. Haven't gotten out of 1st round and now the only team beside the newbies Seattle who hasn't make the 2nd round in the cap era now.

I sincerely hope hockey gods ignore these smug and arrogand leafs fans and focus more on other leafs fans who are not trying piss off the hockey gods.

Signed,
A disgruntled and pissed off Leafs fan
It's posts like yours that annoy me. Who cares about whether a team has made it to the second round in the salary cap era? It's a fun little piece of trivia. That's it. It means nothing. Except to people like you who, for some reason, have chosen to make it important.

What does the fact that the Leafs are the only NHL team (other than Seattle) to not win a playoff series in the salary cap era have to do with you? The team or, more accurately, several iterations of the team have failed to do something.You didn't fail, so why should it have any serious effect on you?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like fans like you see "your team" winning a championship as some kind of life-changing event. I'm probably a slightly bigger Jays fan than I am a Leafs fan and saw them win their back-to-back World Series in 1992 and 1993. It was a lot of fun and very memorable, but hardly life-changing. Or maybe you're not expecting a championship to be life-changing but clearly, you're expecting to get something out of the experience.. And I'm currious as to what tha t is.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
It's posts like yours that annoy me. Who cares about whether a team has made it to the second round in the salary cap era? It's a fun little piece of trivia. That's it. It means nothing. Except to people like you who, for some reason, have chosen to make it important.

What does the fact that the Leafs are the only NHL team (other than Seattle) to not win a playoff series in the salary cap era have to do with you? The team or, more accurately, several iterations of the team have failed to do something.You didn't fail, so why should it have any serious effect on you?

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like fans like you see "your team" winning a championship as some kind of life-changing event. I'm probably a slightly bigger Jays fan than I am a Leafs fan and saw them win their back-to-back World Series in 1992 and 1993. It was a lot of fun and very memorable, but hardly life-changing. Or maybe you're not expecting a championship to be life-changing but clearly, you're expecting to get something out of the experience.. And I'm currious as to what tha t is.

Use the ignore function here bud. I don't really "care" what you have to say.

For someone who is all high and mighty.... it is interesting that you have time to post on the hockey board. perhaps there is some life altering shit waiting for you out there. go get 'em tiger leave the hockey boards for peasants like us

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Use the ignore function here bud. I don't really "care" what you have to say.

For someone who is all high and mighty.... it is interesting that you have time to post on the hockey board. perhaps there is some life altering shit waiting for you out there. go get 'em tiger leave the hockey boards for peasants like us

He's not your bud, guy.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think hockey deserves better than having a team in Ottawa where fans don't even show up. GM of the team has to beg fans and says that they are not gonna spend to the full cap until every game is sold out. That is one sorry franchise. Hockey gods gonna make that happen. Hockey deserves better than this!

Okay... I'll agree....

But what does that have to do with the two most entertaining teams in the Atlantic going head-to-head in a best of 7? FL vs Tampa would be EPIC!

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Last year's playoffs scoring paces and xgf ---------> This year's playoffs

everyone can stop pretending the Bolts lost depth.
Gourde was used as Tampa's 1C at even strength last year in the playoffs and a top six C alongside Cirelli in the 2020 playoffs. They replaced a top 6C playing "down" the lineup who was taking top 6 minutes at EV with a conventional 3C playing 3C, and Coleman to Hagel has been a substantial downgrade thus far.

It is an extreme oversimplification to look at the 6 players in the bottom six by xGF% and point pace to paint Hagel-Paul-Colton as equivalent to Coleman-Gourde-Goodrow, their roles were completely different and the difference between a top 6 matchup line as the "third line" and a conventional 3rd line in the 3rd line slot is massive.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Okay... I'll agree....

But what does that have to do with the two most entertaining teams in the Atlantic going head-to-head in a best of 7? FL vs Tampa would be EPIC!

You and I have different definitions and understanding of what would be interesting and epic. Carry on....

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Hockeytown USA
Tru dat. "If you're not first, you're tied for last." ~Ricky Bobby's dad

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This ones a coin flip imo.
That said, I think Toronto needs a better start if they want to compete. Going down 2-0 for a third game in a row seems like a poor strategy even with all of their fire power.

Shanwhatplan

Mar 31, 2019
It will be interesting to see what the big 4 do in this game, it's not the same scenario as last year, they haven't really blown anything but they did have a chance to close it out and failed. One would have to think that the team is very nervous going into this one.
I don’t know, there just seems to be something different about the team this year. Much better defensively, Matthews is playing the best hockey of his young career, Tavares is starting to heat up, I could go on and on. They now know they can come back from being down a couple of goals, but hopefully they get a couple early and stay out of the penalty box.
GLG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad