ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
The tripping call on Dumoulin encapsulates what's wrong with NHL referees in general. All too often, they call what they think happened rather than what actually happened. Just shows that too often they don't have enough awareness of the game they're calling, and just react after the fact when someone is on the ice or someone appears hurt or whatever.

I think the refs have an impossible job. They make judgement calls and can be wrong.

I just wish refs would be allowed to get together, overturn a call, and not have everybody get all bent out of shape about it.

If the refs set the tone early and keep it consistent throughout the game, then I can live with bad calls. I don’t think game 5 was badly reffed but they did have bad calls.

That being said, I prefer the more civilized Hockey where if someone beats you with a move, they get to get something out of it more than getting hauled down.

Reactions: TheKingPin

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
We're talking about a player that got demoted from Center to Winger, let's not start this again

Might want to google the definition of the word “demoted.”

In a "just get it over with" kind of way. Let it be the end of the era with Hakstol, Manning, Lehtera, Weise, Filppula (credit for a good game yesterday), MacDonald, and possibly the goalie situation.

I'll obviously take the Flyers winning any day of the week but the lack of heart they've shown in this series and under Hakstol has made it tough to care and be invested at times.

I don't expect the Flyers to win the series but I'll celebrate my ass off if they do.

Unfortunately nost of those guys will be back next year. Hakstol included. Losing this series won’t change that.

SchatzY

Jul 30, 2016
Lehigh Valley
We're talking about a player that got demoted from Center to Winger, let's not start this again

He plays center in the offensive zone and Coots plays center in the defensive zone. In the neutral zone it is kind of half and half. They play off each other really but if he wasn't playing center in the offensive zone that goal he scored last night wouldn't have happened.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Unfortunately nost of those guys will be back next year. Hakstol included. Losing this series won’t change that.

I think Hak will be gone. Maybe I'm being naive but the team has been routinely embarrassed by him. Manning will be gone and I feel like Filppula will be too. I didn't realize Weise had such a stupid amount of time left on his contract and Lehtera has another year on it but he's such dead weight. MacDonald makes way too much but if there's a way to have him as a 6th defenseman he's okay. I just hate how shitty our cap is with players that are mostly detrimental to the team.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
The tripping call on Dumoulin encapsulates what's wrong with NHL referees in general. All too often, they call what they think happened rather than what actually happened. Just shows that too often they don't have enough awareness of the game they're calling, and just react after the fact when someone is on the ice or someone appears hurt or whatever.
I'm sorry but what do you mean when you say the refs call what they think happened rather than what actually happened?

The refs can't review every single play. Their job is to call what happened, and the only way to do that is to call what they think happened.

Perhaps you're saying they are just plain wrong too often. If so I may agree, but I'll also say they are the best there is and I highly doubt anyone else could do any better.

And no, I'm not a ref.

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Seems like the consensus of Penguins fans, while annoyed, is “eh they’ve been outplaying the Flyers anyway, no way they lose 3 straight”

Remember how badly Philly outplayed the Penguins in Period 1 of Game 3? The difference being they couldn’t get one in the net, gave up the first goal and then crumbled. Well, if the Flyers can actually convert... they’ll blow the roof off WFC, and we might be seeing a Game 7.

And It’s a rivalry series. Weird things can tend to happen. 2-1 IN Pittsburgh is just hilarious.

You Pens fans will literally never hear the end of this from us if you actually choke and lose this series. Let’s hope it’s like the old Dan Bylsma days where your team lost 2 seperate series when up 3-1.

they won't lose and you still won't have cups either way, jealous little brother

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
I expect Sid to blow out the Flyers at home. But good for Philly for winning 2 games so far, the Pens have the better team by far. But props to them for extending the series.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
In a "just get it over with" kind of way. Let it be the end of the era with Hakstol, Manning, Lehtera, Weise, Filppula (credit for a good game yesterday), MacDonald, and possibly the goalie situation.

I'll obviously take the Flyers winning any day of the week but the lack of heart they've shown in this series and under Hakstol has made it tough to care and be invested at times.

I don't expect the Flyers to win the series but I'll celebrate my ass off if they do.

It is a very, very, very, very, very bizarre feeling to be a Flyers fan going into a game 6 against the Pens and have literally this little emotional investment in it. My expectations are even lower than they were 2 years ago against Washington.

Reactions: MayonnaiseOreo

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
It is a very, very, very, very, very bizarre feeling to be a Flyers fan going into a game 6 against the Pens and have literally this little emotional investment in it. My expectations are even lower than they were 2 years ago against Washington.

oh please this is like the cup to you flyer boys, at least scotty is honest

swflyers93

Nov 19, 2007
Norristown, PA
Flip and Manning should be gone, both are UFA. I honestly hope that Hexy doesn't think Manning is a good depth guy. We have too many young guys who can take his spot and are 20 times better. Lehtera could be gone if Hexy buys him out.

Flyers845

Jan 19, 2006
Philadelphia Pa
I think the goalie switch was a no brainer even for our boy Hak. Flyers played hard but I can't see them winning another 2 games. At this point take it all the way to 7 games. Can't wait for tomorrow!

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Unlikely. Hornqvist will probably be back in, too.
Thanks. That’s what I thought. I was hoping we’d get one more without Hornqvist.

I’ll be at this one. As long as we don’t get embarrassed this is officially a win for the Flyers this year. It’s hard to exclude why has been the most frustrating season I have seen in decades with Hak, but finishing third in the division and taking this series to 6 is good with me, even if it’s not that simple given the devils and jackets tanking as well as the blowouts this series.

Reactions: DegenX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->