ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Wow the Flyers win a big game and the lunatic fringe come out of the woodwork and begin a conspiracy narrative. This is why they shouldn't be successful. For reality's sake. I'm assuming the Philly broadcast are the ones drumming this officiating is favors Pittsburgh narrative. When one team dominates possession that team usually gets the calls. Watch the game. Think for yourself. Don't be embarrassing. Respect greatness.
I'm a completely neutral fan and the reffing last night had me shaking my head.

And don't use the word narrative so often just because others do. Think for yourself.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk
Wow the Flyers win a big game and the lunatic fringe come out of the woodwork and begin a conspiracy narrative. This is why they shouldn't be successful. For reality's sake. I'm assuming the Philly broadcast are the ones drumming this officiating is favors Pittsburgh narrative. When one team dominates possession that team usually gets the calls. Watch the game. Think for yourself. Don't be embarrassing. Respect greatness.

It's literally just Scotty Pucks. We all kind of wanted to lose yesterday so the Hakstol era can be over. I'll give the Flyers credit for playing hard and actually showing some heart yesterday but almost none of us fans are expecting to take the series

Reactions: flyersjim73

412 Others

5Cups beats 2Cups
Mar 24, 2009
Black + Gold = Pittsburgh
Seems like the consensus of Penguins fans, while annoyed, is “eh they’ve been outplaying the Flyers anyway, no way they lose 3 straight”

Remember how badly Philly outplayed the Penguins in Period 1 of Game 3? The difference being they couldn’t get one in the net, gave up the first goal and then crumbled. Well, if the Flyers can actually convert... they’ll blow the roof off WFC, and we might be seeing a Game 7.

And It’s a rivalry series. Weird things can tend to happen. 2-1 IN Pittsburgh is just hilarious.

You Pens fans will literally never hear the end of this from us if you actually choke and lose this series. Let’s hope it’s like the old Dan Bylsma days where your team lost 2 seperate series when up 3-1.

Game 5 was a tough loss for the pens. Lots of ups and downs when you're chasing cups. looking forward to seeing if the pens can close this thing out in the next 2 games.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
Some of those calls against the Flyers were brutal. Maybe fitting they got a shorty because of it.

Pens made more mistakes than Neuvirth made. That sums up game 5.

I just hope Malkin isn’t badly hurt. I don’t see us going far without him.

On to game 6 :).

Reactions: BrokenStix

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Some of those calls against the Flyers were brutal. Maybe fitting they got a shorty because of it.

Pens made more mistakes than Neuvirth made. That sums up game 5.

I just hope Malkin isn’t badly hurt. I don’t see us going far without him.

On to game 6 :).

They'll defeat them surely in Game 6. Prepared to get fired, Hakstol.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Neuvy, Neuvy, Neuvy, Oy! Oy! Oy!

And suddenly we have the momentum with absolutely nothing to lose and a chance to force a Game 7 against a supposedly superior dynasty-level team on our home ice.

Funny the way it is.
:popcorn:
Always fun to give a false sense of security, before stripping away the enemy's soul in his own house.

Reactions: ncm7772

end

Mar 18, 2007
Arklay Mansion
The tripping call on Dumoulin was a complete mistake, and I'm surprised the Flyers didn't get a tickytack powerplay to even it up. I thought the second period was fine.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The tripping call on Dumoulin was a complete mistake, and I'm surprised the Flyers didn't get a tickytack powerplay to even it up. I thought the second period was fine.

The tripping call on Dumoulin encapsulates what's wrong with NHL referees in general. All too often, they call what they think happened rather than what actually happened. Just shows that too often they don't have enough awareness of the game they're calling, and just react after the fact when someone is on the ice or someone appears hurt or whatever.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
The only thing consistent in this series is the Penguins out playing the Flyers and the refs molesting the Flyers

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Penguins had the puck the whole game and especially the 3rd period.

Philly got lucky on a pinball shot by Coots.

As much as I wanna see Flyers in 7, penguins will win in Philadelphia on Sunday
We must have watched a different game. Flyers out played them most of the game ES

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
He was better at everything all season

We're talking about a player that got demoted from Center to Winger, let's not start this again

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We're talking about a player that got demoted from Center to Winger, let's not start this again

You don't understand the dynamics of our team, bro.

He wasn't put there because he couldn't/can't play center.

And switching positions isn't a demotion.

I feel like I had to explain too much in this post.

MayonnaiseOreo

I Hate the Flyers
Apr 8, 2012
A Glass of Milk

In a "just get it over with" kind of way. Let it be the end of the era with Hakstol, Manning, Lehtera, Weise, Filppula (credit for a good game yesterday), MacDonald, and possibly the goalie situation.

I'll obviously take the Flyers winning any day of the week but the lack of heart they've shown in this series and under Hakstol has made it tough to care and be invested at times.

I don't expect the Flyers to win the series but I'll celebrate my ass off if they do.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Coffee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->