• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I still think Marner can do that to be honest (and he has). Nylander is just too afraid of what would happen if he gets caught
It's possible, but with Chara's experience (see positioning), I think he can limit those chances a lot. Bottom line, he is still one hell of a defenseman at 41, when people were already writing him off left and right. He's a premiere defensive D and I bet he could still hold his own offensive wise too, if needed. But we have three magnificent kids to take that assignment: Krug, McAvoy, Grzelcyk.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's possible, but with Chara's experience (see positioning), I think he can limit those chances a lot. Bottom line, he is still one hell of a defenseman at 41, when people were already writing him off left and right. He's a premiere defensive D and I bet he could still hold his own offensive wise too, if needed. But we have three magnificent kids to take that assignment: Krug, McAvoy, Grzelcyk.
yeah he's been a lot better than I expected to be honest. He's been Boston's best defenseman and a big reason why Nylander and Matthews haven't gotten going

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Chara already looks 3 inches taller to Toronto fans! Lol
But seriously, if I had a cent for every time I heard that Chara was old & slow and the Leafs would run circles around him, I think that I would be a millionaire.

Well, Chara is old and slow tbh. But still good enough for the Leafs Kindergarden.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The reality is that one team can play defence and the other can't.

Boston's team defence (not just defencemen) is far better than Toronto's who haven't helped the goalie at all.

The defence probably isn't trying after Andersen let in 3 of the first 4 shots. Or, like yesterday in a must win game, and Andersen let's in a bullshit shot 30 f***ing seconds into the game on Boston's first f***ing shot.

I'd leave him out to dry as well after all that bullshit.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yes, we've been very happy with him. Him & Charlie Mac are a tough pairing to get through.
yeah they are both impressive. The whole Boston defensive system is very stingy when they've had to be, and they've been opportunistic offensively. Add in clutch goaltending and they are a very dangerous team imo

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
yeah they are both impressive. The whole Boston defensive system is very stingy when they've had to be, and they've been opportunistic offensively. Add in clutch goaltending and they are a very dangerous team imo
Yes, I agree. Having on the ice Rask, Chara, McAvoy, Marchand, Bergeron and Pastrnak is one of the best units in the league.

Mar 26, 2010
The defence probably isn't trying after Andersen let in 3 of the first 4 shots. Or, like yesterday in a must win game, and Andersen let's in a bull**** shot 30 ****ing seconds into the game on Boston's first ****ing shot.

I'd leave him out to dry as well after all that bull****.
I agree. Andersen is terrible.

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015
I agree. Andersen is terrible.
I just don't know what's up with him. He was spectacular most of the season.

Can you imagine in game 2 Rask let in 3 of the first 4 shots? Imagine if in a must win game 4, Rask let in a softie in the FIRST 30 f***ING SECONDS?

We would clearly be blaming those losses on Rask. I just don't understand why people are being in denial about it.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I just don't know what's up with him. He was spectacular most of the season.

Can you imagine in game 2 Rask let in 3 of the first 4 shots? Imagine if in a must win game 4, Rask let in a softie in the FIRST 30 ****ING SECONDS?

We would clearly be blaming those losses on Rask. I just don't understand why people are being in denial about it.

If you don't see shit, it's impossible for it to be a softie. Clear the crease. Some of that's on Andersen as well, but not the way it developed in this instance.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Chara has never been fast, ever.

Plenty of people wrote him off when the knee injury occurred because it took an entire season for him to get back to what he was beforehand, which is understandable given his age but then again the dude is a training maniac, always has been.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Boy has Nylander sucked this series, wasn't he supposed to be some PPG elite player this year?

Reactions: Snowman

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
All but one series is either sweeps or 3-1. Regardless of who I was pulling for at the start of this series, my position is now

GO LEAFS GO ! :snide:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
My thoughts on this series right now:

giphy.gif

Reactions: 93gilmour93

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The defence probably isn't trying after Andersen let in 3 of the first 4 shots. Or, like yesterday in a must win game, and Andersen let's in a bull**** shot 30 ****ing seconds into the game on Boston's first ****ing shot.

I'd leave him out to dry as well after all that bull****.

You really can’t get over this can you? Yes he let in a ton of shots early - once. Newsflash you’ve lost three games.

And your notion that an early goal automatically deflates the team is bullshit. What happened yesterday after he let in the first goal? The Leafs outplayed the Bruins and scored back quickly.

If it wasn’t for Andersen’s game 3 your Leives would have been swept.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You really can’t get over this can you? Yes he let in a ton of shots early - once. Newsflash you’ve lost three games.

And your notion that an early goal automatically deflates the team is bull****. What happened yesterday after he let in the first goal? The Leafs outplayed the Bruins and scored back quickly.

yeah, Andersen's play is closer to the reason that the Leafs were nearly swept rather than the reason that they weren't

Throw More Waffles

Oct 9, 2015

And your notion that an early goal automatically deflates the team is bull****. What happened yesterday after he let in the first goal? The Leafs outplayed the Bruins and scored back quickly.

My point exactly. Andersen showed up for ONE game. Lo and behold... the leafs won that game. (And he STILL let in an entirely unacceptable goal that game as well).

Must win game 4, Andersen lets in a bullshit goal on Bostons first f***ing shot less than 30 seconds in to the f***ing game. Talk about deflating. Imagine Rask was letting in 3 goals on 4 shots? Letting in the first f***ing shot in a must win game 4? The one game you won is the one game Rask showed up? You really don't think you'd be blaming him? I don't believe you.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
My point exactly. Andersen showed up for ONE game. Lo and behold... the leafs won that game. (And he STILL let in an entirely unacceptable goal that game as well).

Must win game 4, Andersen lets in a bull**** goal on Bostons first ****ing shot less than 30 seconds in to the ****ing game. Talk about deflating. Imagine Rask was letting in 3 goals on 4 shots? Letting in the first ****ing shot in a must win game 4? The one game you won is the one game Rask showed up? You really don't think you'd be blaming him? I don't believe you.

So the Leafs then had 59 and a half minutes to score and only did once without having to face Bergeron and you’re pinning that loss all on Andersen?

Are you guys really just afraid to criticize Matthews and co.? You know they’re probably not reading these boards right?

Reactions: Snowman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad