Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smack66

Mar 5, 2008
ontario
Kadri's comments in TSN article. Seems like he's quite remorseful for his actions on Wingels:sarcasm:

Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri said Friday he believes his hit on Boston Bruins forward Tommy Wingels in Game 1 was worthy of suspension, but that the three-game punishment was too harsh.
Kadri, as he did after the Game 1 loss last week, said he was defending teammate Mitch Marner when he threw the hit on Wingels, who had fallen to the ice in front of the sideboards.
"I was disappointed; I wasn’t expecting [three], that’s for sure," Kadri said. "That particular play, I felt a liberty had been taken on Mitch. I’m always going to stand up for my teammates, stand up for myself; that part isn’t going to change.
"Was it worthy of a suspension? I definitely think so. But I think the three games was definitely a little harsh. I didn't feel like it was a malicious play to go in and try to hurt him. It was a more of a statement thing, making a lot of contact with the majority of the boards.
"I think if my intent was there, there possibly could have been an injury and it could have been a lot worse."

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think the Leafs have a better chance in game 5 then voting above would say.....but it still is less then 50% chance.

Mar 26, 2010
Boston will close the series out on Saturday. Andersen is f***ing terrible, and Rask has made him look second tier.

Andersen is the reason Toronto lost the series.

7-0 Boston for game 5. Rask will get the shut out. The leafs team has no confidence playing in front of the Andersen.

Reactions: Snowman

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Boston will close the series out on Saturday. Andersen is ****ing terrible, and Rask has made him look second tier.

7-0 Boston for game 5. Rask will get the shut out. The leafs team has no confidence playing in front of the Andersen.

He's one of many reasons. Matthews ghosting, Kadri being a ****ing idiot, Babcock being outcoached, the list goes on.

Kadri's comments in TSN article. Seems like he's quite remorseful for his actions on Wingels:sarcasm:

Toronto Maple Leafs forward Nazem Kadri said Friday he believes his hit on Boston Bruins forward Tommy Wingels in Game 1 was worthy of suspension, but that the three-game punishment was too harsh.
Kadri, as he did after the Game 1 loss last week, said he was defending teammate Mitch Marner when he threw the hit on Wingels, who had fallen to the ice in front of the sideboards.
"I was disappointed; I wasn’t expecting [three], that’s for sure," Kadri said. "That particular play, I felt a liberty had been taken on Mitch. I’m always going to stand up for my teammates, stand up for myself; that part isn’t going to change.
"Was it worthy of a suspension? I definitely think so. But I think the three games was definitely a little harsh. I didn't feel like it was a malicious play to go in and try to hurt him. It was a more of a statement thing, making a lot of contact with the majority of the boards.
"I think if my intent was there, there possibly could have been an injury and it could have been a lot worse."

The second he admitted it was premedidated/intentional, he was sunk.

Looks like he still hasn't learned his lesson. :laugh:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Zeke and cantlosewithmatthews whats ur excuse for the play of Matthews and Nylander? They have been attrocious. Maybe your goalie excuse would be valid if ur supposed 2 best players were actually doing something and your goalie was causing you to lose. The real reason your losing is the Matthews line has been killed and despite his best efforts you cant expect Marner to single handidly beat the bruins

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

No he isn't. He definitely had to be at his best for us to have any shot against any team, but not one player is responsible for a team loss. This isn't basketball.

Hopefully the Raps can sweep the Wizards, big game tonight eh!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Was wondering if some of the Leafs difficulties battling through to the front of the net, through checks, finding second chances, attention to detail, etc. - generally, the intensity of playoff hockey that they just don't seem as prepared for this series might have to do with the fact they haven't really played any meaningful hockey in months as they were locked into third in the Atlantic and had a relatively soft schedule for quite awhile now.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Zeke and cantlosewithmatthews whats ur excuse for the play of Matthews and Nylander? They have been attrocious. Maybe your goalie excuse would be valid if ur supposed 2 best players were actually doing something and your goalie was causing you to lose. The real reason your losing is the Matthews line has been killed and despite his best efforts you cant expect Marner to single handidly beat the bruins
they've been complete non factors offensively while Boston's top players have stepped up. I don't think any Leafs fan would deny that. Part of the difference is that it's so much easier to score on Andersen than Rask though.

but at the end of the day, if both teams are creating/allowing a similar quantity and quality of scoring chances but there's a massive gap in the amount of goals allowed, it's because of goaltending

Reactions: Peanut

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
yes i would definitely love to go through each chance with you and argue over it, because you a homer bruins fan is convinced the people counting the numbers are lying.
Lmao the people looking at the scores are the ones who are the homers? The actual SCORE is what counts zeke not ur excel numbers. Man the mental gymnastics u guys do even when your teams getting embarrassed makes me cringe

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
they've been complete non factors offensively while Boston's top players have stepped up. I don't think any Leafs fan would deny that. Part of the difference is that it's so much easier to score on Andersen than Rask though.

but at the end of the day, if both teams are creating/allowing a similar quantity and quality of scoring chances but there's a massive gap in the amount of goals allowed, it's because of goaltending
Look i can sympathise with u about goaltending. Flames before this year had attrocious goaltending and one bad goal deflates the whole series. But even in series where our goaltending was bad our team was horrible too. If Matthews Nylander and Rielly were playing as good as Marner and still Leafs were in this same spot than sure u can blame goaltending. But when ur number one line is invisible and defense has been bad and ur offense has only scored 5 goals over ur 3 losses than most of the blame lies elsewhere

Reactions: vanwest

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think Anderson and Matthews have been equally as responsible. Nylander to an extent as well although he's not at the same level as Matthews in terms of expected impact.
Anyone placing most of the blame on Anderson is just looking for a convenient scapegoat.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Boston will close the series out on Saturday. Andersen is ****ing terrible, and Rask has made him look second tier.

I'm sure your two "Star" players in Matthews/Nylander having a combined 2pts has something to do with them losing too.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
No he isn't. He definitely had to be at his best for us to have any shot against any team, but not one player is responsible for a team loss. This isn't basketball.

Hopefully the Raps can sweep the Wizards, big game tonight eh!

pavelec says hi

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I love the heel turn by Leafs fans on Andersen. Maybe your atrocious defense in front of him isn’t helping.

Then again your deepest group of forwards in the NHL scored 1 goal against the Bruins without their best forward so maybe it’s not all on your sieve defense and goalie.
Especially when they were ready to crown him after making one flukish save on Pastrnak at the end of game 3.

Fans are fickle.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I love the heel turn by Leafs fans on Andersen. Maybe your atrocious defense in front of him isn’t helping.

Then again your deepest group of forwards in the NHL scored 1 goal against the Bruins without their best forward so maybe it’s not all on your sieve defense and goalie.
can you explain why Toronto's sieve defense and Boston's defense are giving up a comparable amount and quality of scoring chances?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
pavelec says hi
Put it in some context, i have no idea what you're talking about. All i know by that comment is he's a backup goalie for the Rags atm. Either way, not saying it NEVER happens. But hockey, more times than not is won with total team effort. The goalie will steal you the odd game but not every game.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Goaltending... Rask 926 sv% + 2.27 GAA, Andersen 880 + 4.12

Defense... Bruins allowed 9 goals, the Leafs 17

And therefore obviously... Offense... Bruins scored 17 goals, Leafs 9

Special teams... PP: Bruins 45.5%, Leafs 22.2... And obviously PK: Bruins 77.8%, Leafs 54.5.
Oh No FACTS !!!

Reactions: BruinLVGA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad