Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Man, some of this stuff reminds me of the black knight scene in the Monthy Python movie about the Holy Grail. The one where the dude gets himself cut up, bit by bit.

View attachment 115469

"Bruins are old & slow": Series is 3-1. First bit of limb hacked away.

"Leafs have better depth": Series is 3-1. Second bit hacked away.

"Leafs are 7-1 vs the Bruins in the past two seasons": Series is 3-1. Third bit chopped off.

"Andersen is 10-1 vs the Bruins": Series is 3-1. Fourth bit hacked off.

Latest statements... "X, Y, Z useless stat shows us at the same level or better than the Broons": Series is 3-1. Fifth bit chopped away.
"But our (very few) goals are all LEGIT, yours are not": Series is 3-1. Sixth piece hacked off.

How about just manning up for once and just admitting that the best team is up 3-1? Noooooooo of course not.
You know, it ain't over till a team wins 4 games... But this litany of excuses is TIRING.
How can you be this shaken when your team is up 3-1?

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Here's a novel concept. Instead of leaving your goalie out to dry, play something better than AHL-calibre defence and, I don't know, maybe take a page out of the Bruins book and go to the net? Playing like a bunch of schoolgirls, afraid to take get in Rask's kitchen and cause some ****. The Bruins are doing it at will.

These unscreened point shots aren't getting by Rask too often, rest assured.

That's what's getting over-looked. The Leafs look really good moving the puck and stuff but aren't going to the net nor creating second chances or winning those battles in the offensive zone in the high danger areas. Not sure if it's the players not being that willing, their inexperience or that they haven't really played meaningful hockey for awhile after being locked into third and an easy schedule but The Leafs have not been playing playoff hockey this series.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
We don’t have to look hard for a scapegoat. His save percentage is .880

He let in 3 of the first 4 shots the other day. Yesterday, on a MUST win game, he let in a bull**** goal in the first 30 ****ing seconds on their first shot.

Andersen isn’t a scapegoat. He’s the reason the leafs are doing so poorly.
This is unfair on Andersen. Refering to the 3 goals on 4 shot is ignoring how it was scored. ( second game in Boston).

I am not a leafs fan and i m a Boston fan. The one point that differs from both team is on defence and the top line.

Last game, Boston scored on two Toronto pee wee defence brain fart.... which gave 2 on 1 and Andersen had nothing to do. On these 2 on 1 he basically took the shot like he was supposed and d lack taken the pass.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Isn't that terrible for a so-called "generational" talent ? :innocent:
We also said that of Mario Lemieux in junior for his performance at Memorial Cup. I dislike the Leafs but they have players likable and talented. Mathews is one of them... he is learning in my book. I would bet Montreal would loooooove to have this invisible player in their line up.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
Imagine asking someone this question. "Who would be more likely to win a playoff series? A team with a goalie with .880 save percentage? Or the team with a .930 save percentage?" I mean... it's a joke question. The answer is so obvious, people would think you're mocking them.
Goalies don't play with the same defence minded defence and structure in fromt of them. Andersen is not the problem... could be in the solution but your scapegoat is not the good one.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
We also said that of Mario Lemieux in junior for his performance at Memorial Cup. I dislike the Leafs but they have players likable and talented. Mathews is one of them... he is learning in my book. I would bet Montreal would loooooove to have this invisible player in their line up.
:huh:

Sure they would.

Should that stop us from criticizing him when he's very underwhelming ?

PS: I did not use "invisible" to describe him.

One of his fan did...

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Because the Bruins younger players surround a core of Stanley Cup champion veterans.

The Leafs young players are better than the Bruins' but their veterans are Bozak, JVR, and the only recently arrived Patrick Marleau.

The Bruins rookies lead the NHL this year in total points and it was not even close. They at one point had 4 rookies in the top 15 before Bjork got injured. They finished with 3 in the top 16 - Heinen, DeBrusk and McAvoy. Bruins average age is lower then the Leafs, who also have Moore and Plekanic, they have a lot of experience. Bruins are going with (5) FIVE rookies in the line up and they all compete harder then the leafs other then Marner. Bruins drafted character players and did not just look at stats, it serves them well in the playoffs.

The corpse of Loe Lam doing shiite at the deadline is why they do not have more vets, over rated as much as his coach in my view. Everyone knew they needed dee. Leafs burned it down a few years ago to go after the top picks and rebuild because they could field an AHL team and still fill the arena. Bruins could not afford to do that and continue selling tickets. Sweeney left room in the bank by signing Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak for less then 20 million till 2020, let that sink in.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
That's what's getting over-looked. The Leafs look really good moving the puck and stuff but aren't going to the net nor creating second chances or winning those battles in the offensive zone in the high danger areas. Not sure if it's the players not being that willing, their inexperience or that they haven't really played meaningful hockey for awhile after being locked into third and an easy schedule but The Leafs have not been playing playoff hockey this series.
As one former Boston player was quoted saying, ' Toronto skates fast, Boston plays fast'.

Mar 26, 2010
This series is over tomorrow in 5.
I am from Toronto and I agree 100% with this. The Leafs are done. I am not making excuses but they got Boston 1st round who happens to be the best team in the playoffs right now, and are built to win the Cup again this season.

Toronto brass will have to re-evaluate what they have in the offseason. I think we will see some big changes over the summer.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Feels like this boys:

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad