Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
54.9, surprsingly not the best on our team.

Bozak: 51FO and 54.9%
Plekanec: 44FO and 47.7%
Matthews: 27FO and 59.3%
Nylander: 26FO and 69.2%
Kadri: 13FO and 53.8%
Willy and Matthews only take draws on their strong side so not really a fair comparrsion

Leafsfan13

Feb 13, 2018
I know everyone wants Plekanec with Marleau and marner for game 5 but when u think about it once they go back to Boston Bergeron is gonna be stuck to Matthews like glue your not gonna get the match up you want you mays well have kadri back on that line. Him and marner was lights out down the stretch A motivated kadri with marner who has been playing awsome hockey could be trouble for Boston not to mention Marleau stepped it up a notch last game.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
View attachment 114935

The third game is our game. Lotsa Corsi For. A great team could generate alot of Corsi For but limit the against. We aren't great.
We need to trade chances with them.

More than anything we need to correct the special teams.

We were better than them at even strength in game 1, but our special teams killed us.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
The Bruins pressure must be causing Leafs' dmen to rush their outs. They are probably trying to avoid icings since Bruins will then bring on the Bergeron line. As a result they don't slap it hard enough around the boards and Bruins are able to keep it in the Leafs end. Our wingers' need to be stronger in puck battles along the boards??

I've noticed that at the OHL level teams are shuffle boarding the puck down the ice. They take high height low velocity wrist shots that clear everyone's heads, lands flat but doesn't have enough gas to trigger an icing call.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I've noticed that at the OHL level teams are shuffle boarding the puck down the ice. They take high height low velocity wrist shots that clear everyone's heads, lands flat but doesn't have enough gas to trigger an icing call.

I've never understood why that isn't more common. Best way to clear the puck if you have time, and you have a good chance of giving your forecheckers an opportunity on the defense bobbling a bouncing puck.

Reactions: Kurtz

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Games 2 and 3 maybe. But throughout all 3 games Hyman has brought it.

I've gone back and forth with how I feel about Hyman on that 1st line, but this series has reaffirmed many people's beliefs that he belongs there.

He's probably been the more consistent forward, in terms of effort, compete, and winning battles, all series. I mean for where he plays in the line up, and his role, this is exactly what should be expected from him in the playoffs. Hustle his arse off and not quitting on the battle for the puck.

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I know everyone wants Plekanec with Marleau and marner for game 5 but when u think about it once they go back to Boston Bergeron is gonna be stuck to Matthews like glue your not gonna get the match up you want you mays well have kadri back on that line. Him and marner was lights out down the stretch A motivated kadri with marner who has been playing awsome hockey could be trouble for Boston not to mention Marleau stepped it up a notch last game.

As competitive as the Plekanec line was against Boston's big line, it's easy to forget that the Bergeron line had LOADS of chances in game 3.

That would be my doubt moving forward - I'm skeptical about the Leafs ability to keep that line at bay. For that reason, I'm using Kadri as the checking line as soon as he gets back into this series.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kadri accidentally hits guy in the head with his hip and gets 3 games.

Morrissey viscously cross checks Staal in the neck and gets 1 game.

This is why I didn’t like 3 games for Kadri

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
kadri definitely did it on purpose and he has a history
The way I interpret that hit, is that I believe what Kadri was saying.

He committed to the hit, and there was no way he could stop.

Now here's the thing that makes the difference IMHO. Even it is true Kadri had already committed to the hit, it was still a borderline type of hit, regardless if Wingels was standing or bent over.

Wingels hit on Marner, after Chara rubbed him out tough along the boards, was borderline too getting a shot to the face in. That's like 450 pounds against 160 pounds getting bullied in the corner for his lunch money like a Kessel.

Someone had to do something.

The refs have not called this s shit all series.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
Dermott made way too many horrible mistakes last game, even though he's getting the easiest matchups. Keep him where he is for now.

Rielly was horrific in the first 2gms too, but was great last game.

Hainsey has been very solid, and the least of our problems.

so many?

only 1 imo where he tried to rush the puck and dump it in.

the other one where he turned the puck over wasn't his fault. It was unfortunate. The puck was bouncing like crazy on him.

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009

If it's working, why not keep it? I don't think Kadri with Jonsson (sp?) and Kapanen is a bad idea at all. Lots of speed and skill.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
I would probably do game 5 as:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plek-Kapanen
Johnsson-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown

Just run the four lines. No fourth line.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I would probably do game 5 as:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plek-Kapanen
Johnsson-Kadri-Marner
JVR-Bozak-Brown

Just run the four lines. No fourth line.
Why change what worked in Game 3?

edit: nvmd didn't read your changes were for Game 5

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Kadri accidentally hits guy in the head with his hip and gets 3 games.

Morrissey viscously cross checks Staal in the neck and gets 1 game.

This is why I didn’t like 3 games for Kadri

Morrissey - no prior history. Accidental. Staal returned.

Kadri - repeat offender. Targetted & restless. Wingels didnt return.

Im genuinely surprised at how many people are (still) struggling with the Kadri suspension

Welsh Maple Leaf

Jan 9, 2017
It’s game day.

IT IS TIME!!

We beat them last game but we were pretty far from our best. Let’s skate circles around them like we are capable of!

Take this back to beantown 2-2 with Kadri returning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad