ECHL/CHL Merger rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedrissr

Jun 3, 2014
Read the fine print (33 regular season, 3 playoff). Someone in the Silly Season FB (usually a good source of info) group posted this as proof of the merger. Tried to correct him but to no avail. Going to be an interesting day.

Al?

RLR

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Sports Illustrated/ Really?

Teams just don't drop. Manchester will never go to the ECHL, neither will Worcester.

You keep saying that, but Manchester probably won't have the Kings AHL team come next year. I don't see a good market like Manchester going without a team, so unless another AHL team moves there, the ECHL may be the only option.

Stitch11

Oct 7, 2014
Meeting today will determine if the CHL teams have meet the required conditions for becoming members of the ECHL. This is not a merger!!!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Brampton isn't the only team to offer season tickets for 36 games (3 playoff games included. It isn't a sign of the ECHL just yet.

Sidly

Sep 2, 2014
Harleysville, PA
Royals do just fine. Same with Hershey. I have met people who have driven 5 hours from DC to see the Bears instead. The Phantoms will also have good attendance.

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
ECHL/CHL Merger

Is there isn't there any merger I would have like to see Toledo @ Brampton and/or Orlando @Brampton :D

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
If there is a merger most likely the CHL teams will play their own schedule for the regular season and only cross over for the playoffs. Then next year they'll be fully integrated.

MiamiHockey

Sep 12, 2012
Agreed. No way the ECHL flies in New England or any other market that has other hockey options. No chance at all.

I'm sure fans in Winnipeg and Quebec said the same thing before their NHL teams left. Then, miraculously, an AHL team developed a huge fan base in Winnipeg, and a QMJHL team developed a huge fan base in Quebec.

JackalsKnuckles

Jun 18, 2007
I'm sure fans in Winnipeg and Quebec said the same thing before their NHL teams left. Then, miraculously, an AHL team developed a huge fan base in Winnipeg, and a QMJHL team developed a huge fan base in Quebec.

I agree with you, however the Q and the AHL are a far cry from the ECHL as far as entertainment value goes. Both leagues are physical and entertaining.

New England is full of college hockey and I have a hard time believing folks will buy tickets for the ECHL when there are other options. Sadly the more the ECHL tries to become like the NHL the worse the product gets. CHL fans will find this out. Too much roster turnover, very few vets who build a core of a team, and hockey that is so lacking in physical play that it is hard to overcome the boredom. Ask fans in Kalamazoo, Elmira, or Fort Wayne if they like the product better now than before they jumped to the ECHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad