ECHL 15/16 membership - fomer AHL pickups, Vegas out

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Classy way to do it. Wish Elmira would have done it but the whole thing was a shady go. Maybe las vegas will see NHL hockey one day. You gotta wonder why if the owner says that, that the team emblem is still on the site.

Probably because they haven't officially concluded the meeting. It will be announced today I guess, since there is a release coming at noon pacific time. It just sucks because we have traded affordable family entertainment for something no one can afford, and if they can, will be rooting for the visiting team. We would have had an AHL team but the NHL told them no, from what I heard.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Probably because they haven't officially concluded the meeting. It will be announced today I guess, since there is a release coming at noon pacific time. It just sucks because we have traded affordable family entertainment for something no one can afford, and if they can, will be rooting for the visiting team. We would have had an AHL team but the NHL told them no, from what I heard.

AHL is more expensive than the ECHL not sure by how much.

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
At some point Las Vegas has to take a shot. If you don't try, you'll never know. Can't be a minor league team town forever.

I was happy being a minor league town. We don't make enough money in this town to be a major league town. Plus, I like the fact I could actually get to know the players who were here. Sure, they may never make the big time, but saying you can hang out with professional athletes is cool.

I will go to this new arena on the strip when my Sharks come to town, otherwise, I will not. When I travel to the Bay Area I take in some games, but overall, the value for money is not good. I am paying at least 5 times the price I paid for minor league hockey, but not getting 5 times the entertainment.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I guess we will have to wait and see over the next few months if there is enough interest in this town to bring an NHL team here. You might not be able to afford season tickets, but I'm sure there are those who can. The Wranglers had a good run and I always enjoyed my time with them, but it is time to move on.

CBlake

Dec 22, 2014
Pass on the 30-30-30 BS.

I'm gunna guess Elmira, Brampton and Wheeling are out. None of those teams are coming close to making money.

Adirondack and maybe the Chesters in the New England area are in I'd suspect. Don't know or care about Norfolk.

This league needs a few years to weed out the franchises on life support before they even consider 30 teams.

The best thing Brampton could do is get the Maple Leafs ECHL affiliation, not sure how attached the Leafs are to Orlando. In conduction with that rebrand and as the Brampton Maple Leafs and just the perception alone would change, getting them on a better footing.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The best thing Brampton could do is get the Maple Leafs ECHL affiliation, not sure how attached the Leafs are to Orlando. In conduction with that rebrand and as the Brampton Maple Leafs and just the perception alone would change, getting them on a better footing.

Isn't Brampton almost in Red Wings territory?

JungleJON

May 10, 2011
Pass on the 30-30-30 BS.

I'm gunna guess Elmira, Brampton and Wheeling are out. None of those teams are coming close to making money.

Adirondack and maybe the Chesters in the New England area are in I'd suspect. Don't know or care about Norfolk.

This league needs a few years to weed out the franchises on life support before they even consider 30 teams.

Wheeling Nailers Announce 2015-2016 Season Ticket Packages

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4922548

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
The owners in WHL aren't nearly as rich as the Brooks Brothers. But just because they are are taking season ticket deposits doesn't mean they are playing next year - plenty of teams have taken deposits and folded. They can put the deposit money (which can often be a substantial amount) into an account that makes decent interest, and then refund it - or not (San Francisco Bulls, I'm looking at you).

Artie Fufkin

Jan 11, 2014
They're not pushing regular season tickets, they're pushing season ticket holders to make a commitment to buy season tickets for the next 3 years, albeit at the same rate.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Season ticket rep in Elmira told me last season that they had to average 3500 to be viable when they tried to get me to renew my tickets. (Basically saying if I don't buy my tickets and the team folds it is my fault as well as the other fans who dropped their tickets). I know way more people have left as season ticket holders, and sounds like the management ticked off quite a few more so I don't see how they stay in the league averaging 2400.

1515 at the game tonight. LMAO

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Season ticket rep in Elmira told me last season that they had to average 3500 to be viable when they tried to get me to renew my tickets. (Basically saying if I don't buy my tickets and the team folds it is my fault as well as the other fans who dropped their tickets). I know way more people have left as season ticket holders, and sounds like the management ticked off quite a few more so I don't see how they stay in the league averaging 2400.

So I see today they are bringing back the early bird. Dumb to ever get rid of it. You going back? Lol

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
My guess is Brampton will try the next year out in the eastern conference under a regular schedule where they don't have to trek out to the Midwest to play the former CHL teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad