GDT: ECF - Game 5 - New York Rangers vs Tampa Bay Lightning - 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (Tied 2-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yea I don't think any team has come back from 3 deficits, but maybe in history there is a team that came back from a small one like down 1-0, 2-1, or 3-2 multiple times, but not like 2+ more games behind in the series multiple times like the Rangers have so far.

Having said that.. they haven't lost 4 in a row all year (they lost 3 in a row twice once in november and once at the end of the season when resting people) and I think the games outside of Game 4 have been close enough where the law of averages should tilt back to them at this point.

As I said In my previous post I do wonder if the question marks of Strome and Goodrows availability in Game 4 that lasted all the way up to just before puck drop and then the Strome scratch + Chytil injury, causes line changes during the game and then the whole lead up to Game 5 where they didn't know who was playing 100% kind of disrupted the whole team. They had won 4 in a row before game 3 and were pretty much rolling and everyone was pretty comfortable in their spots.

There should be no injury questions this time right? Other than Blais who I am not sure has a serious shot at playing no one else should be on the injury report.

Do you think they should sit Reeves again or no?
Yes, I def think they should sit him. Tampa has been doing whatever they want anyway with their clutching/grabbing and interference. There's nothing that Reaves CAN DO in regard to that, and he really isn't doing anything ANYWAY, in fear of hurting the team at such a critical point. Therefore, IMO he is useless and defensively hurts that 4th line. Hunt, Brodzinski and even Gauthier would bring much more than what he brings, given the circumstances.
Also, Tampa isn't really "gooning it up", they're just doing what they KNOW they can get away with. Our team, hopefully is LEARNING this, and internalizing it for the rest of this series and seasons to come.

Reactions: anthonyd46
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad