GDT: ECF - Game 4 - New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 8pm EST, ESPN - Series (NYR 2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Pet peeve, making fun of people who yell shoot. They are mostly correct.

Like don't shoot if you're the only guy back and it may be blocked, or on an odd break when the pass is there, yet pretty much every other time, Shoot the puck hope for a goal, rebound or block where someone need to sell out.

Causing chaos is a good thing in their zone.

Reactions: LokiDog

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Injuries happen. But is it me or do Ranger playoff injuries historically happen REALLY early in a game?

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
He got the side of his face/head smushed/smashed against the glass when Hedman took him in hard from the side/behind

Probably a concussion/precautionary concussion measures. Could also be a shoulder/collarbone thing but much less likely it is that the way I saw/see it.
I went back and watched, thanks

Was it a clean hit?
It was, Chytil went into the corner staring at his feet and Hedman hits high due to his size.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Didn't see the game, are we doomed?
No.

Came back against Pens, Crosby was being great and Trouba legally took him out.

Canes, Rangers can play D and still score against a faster team.

I don't think this is over, they need to play a tougher game though, like not Reeves tougher, like win puck battles, have a gritty attitude toward both offense and defense, play like this might be their best chance...

Yet Tampa is no slouch here, they make it difficult, they are a good team, which is what the playoffs are about.

Tampa as much as I dislike them, they slash, crosscheck do all sorts of stuff, not within the actual rules, within the refs rules, Rangers need to learn from that.

And shoot the puck, not going to beat Vasi clean most likely, need to create stuff after the initial shot.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Maybe someone else does. Does everyone need to let you proofread their comments before they post them to make sure they're interesting to you? Get over yourself..
Maybe you need to go back and read why he wrote that to get context of the comment and my reply rather than pop in and be snarky for no reason without understanding the context. Move on and have a nice night.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Didn't see the game, are we doomed?

If 1 of Chytil or Strome come back, no.

If they are both out for a few games then, IMO, yes.

This team had problems producing offense at 5v5 and now you've taken away two of its top three centers. Now you have guys like Motte or Rooney or Hunt playing and playing more minutes than they should.

This team without Chytil and Strome is going to look a lot like it did for most of the season before the trade deadline acquisitions.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Kaapo, you’re on a two on one and the puck carrier gets the puck across to you at the bottom of the circle, goalie down and out… what’s your move?

Stickhandle.

Okay, you’ve just done some stickhandling to slip a defender in the corner and you’re walking out into the slot with the puck, what are you doing?

Stickhandling.

Hmm… there’s literally 1 second left on the clock and a rebound bounces loose, right on your tape. What do you do?

Stickhandle. Definitely.

As a huge Kakko fan, it is frustrating watching him do basically this.

He is extremely good at doing all the things that get him about 95% of the way there but once he's at the the actual scoring chance/scoring attempt moment, that's usually when it all falls apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad