GDT: ECF #1 - 05/17/14 | New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens | 1:00 - NBC, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

e6o1.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014 EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS
GAME #1 - 05/17/2014

vs
(0) ____________ (0)

TIME | 1:00 PM ET ARENA | BELL CENTRE - MONTREAL, QC TV | NBC, CBC, RDS

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

When I was starting in the league, I learned from Dave Andreychuk. He was in his 22nd year and had never even been to the Stanley Cup Final until we won it.
He told me, ‘Never take any of it for granted.‘ He was living proof that it was not easy.
- Brad Richards

We never played our best in the 2012 ECF, and I think we figured we’d get another shot.
Well, I think as a group we appreciate it more now and have a better understanding of how tough it was to get back here.
We’re not going to take this opportunity for granted.
- Marc Staal

At the end of the day, Montreal is a great building to play in whether you’re the home team, and I can talk from experience, or you’re the visiting team.
Just like Madison Square Garden, you’re talking about great buildings, a lot of fun, and what we’re trying to do is basically what we’ve tried to do all year.
We’re going to prepare for a tough opponent, we’re going to come up with a plan and we’ll try to execute our plan.
Montreal, they’ve just beaten the best team in the NHL, so we’re going to have our hands full.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="MONTREAL CANADIENS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 11 | GF | 36
W | 8 | GA | 26
L | 3 | GF/G | 3.27
HOME | 4-1 | GA/G | 2.36
AWAY | 4-2 | PP% | 26.3
STREAK | W2 | PK% | 80.0
PIM/G | 8.3 | FO% | 47.4

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Thomas Vanek | 5 Assists | P.K. Subban | 8 Points | P.K. Subban | 12 + / - | Mike Weaver | +7 Shots | Max Pacioretty | 39 Hits | Alexei Emelin | 42 Blocks | Alexei Emelin | 35 PIM | P.K. Subban | 16 FO% | David Desharnais | 48.3 TOI/G F: | Tomas Plekanec | 20:58 TOI/G D: | P.K. Subban | 26:45

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Max Pacioretty | David Desharnais | Brendan Gallagher
Michael Bournival | Tomas Plekanec | Thomas Vanek
Rene Bourque | Lars Eller | Brian Gionta (C)
Brandon Prust | Danny Briere | Dale Weise

LD | RD
Josh Gorges (A) | P.K. Subban
Andrei Markov (A) | Alexei Emelin
Nathan Beaulieu | Mike Weaver

Scratched
Alex Galchenyuk|
Ryan White|
George Parros|
Douglas Murray|
Travis Moen|
Francis Bouillon|
Mike Blunden|

STARTING GOALIE:

PriceCarey.png

Carey Price

GPI: 11 | W: 8 | L: 3
SV% .926 | GAA: 2.15 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS:

GP | 14 | GF | 34
W | 8 | GA | 30
L | 6 | GF/G | 2.43
HOME | 4-3 | GA/G | 2.14
AWAY | 4-3 | PP% | 10.9
STREAK | W3 | PK% | 82.9
PIM/G | 8.4 | FO% | 46.3

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Brass, Hags, Rich | 4 Assists | Nash, Rich, Zucc | 5 Points | Brad Richards | 9 + / - | Klein, Stralman | +7 Shots | Rick Nash | 52 Hits | Boyle, Girardi | 46 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 35 PIM | Hagelin, Moore | 12 FO% | Dominic Moore | 53.1 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:56 TOI/G D: | Ryan McDonagh | 24:56

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derek Stepan | Chris Kreider
Benoit Pouliot | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin | Brad Richards (A) | Martin St. Louis
Brian Boyle | Dominic Moore | Derek Dorsett

LD | RD
Ryan McDonagh | Dan Girardi (A)
Marc Staal (A) | Anton Stralman
John Moore | Kevin Klein

Scratched
Dan Carcillo|
Raphael Diaz|
Justin Falk|
Jesper Fast|
J.T. Miller|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 14 | W: 8 | L: 6
SV% .931 | GAA: 1.99 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

|

[/FIELDSET]

bannerend.png

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Still a surreal feeling that GDTs are still around this time of the year.

And we still are only half of the way there.

Win this game and take the opportunity to go up 3-1 back home.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Need to win one of the first two in Montreal, no way around that. Winning game 1 will definitely ease the pressure of game 2.

Time to enjoy the ride from here on out, boys. Four teams will be left in this race in about 2 hours, and we are ONE OF THEM; for two times in the past three years! For all the **** we give the FO, Sather, the team, etc... realize that this doesn't happen often. We're there, four wins away from chasing Lord Stanley's Cup.

Eastern. Conference. Finals. :nod:

When the Rangers are skating, and keeping their legs moving, winning 50/50 pucks, there aren't many teams that can match up with our four lines doing that. Keys to the game night in and night out.

Enjoy the ride :yo:

LGR

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think that's more of a testament to how young you are than anything. :laugh:

And conversely, how OLD I am for remembering that stuff :)
It would probably be difficult for some to understand why I 'hate' the Canadiens so much (growing up as a Rangers fan surrounded by Habs and Leafs fans), and why this series is so interesting to me.

It's a big unknown to me. I am wide-eyed and ready for anything.

Lets Go Rangers!!!

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I know it's hard to tell what will happen in any playoff series, but momentum is key to success. Since the lockout, the Rangers always looked as if they were fading as they progressed, but this time we are heading in with the flow we had later in the season. This will be a great series!

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Habs fans confidence is different from that of other teams. Often, they simply bank on their storied history and record of Cup wins. To me, they see themselves as the annointed ones. It truly is a hockey mad city, and I would never knock them for that, but the smugness is amplified hugely when they get into the playoffs.
Speaking for myself, I cannot wait for the Rangers to knock them down a couple of pegs and leave them looking in.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Time for Nash to step up. His team mates covered for him these past two rounds. Now it's time for him to step up.

Hoping he gets an easy goal early in the series, so he can get his confidence back and hopefully go on a tear.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Habs fans overconfidence reminds me of my own during the 2012 ECF.

Ugh yea I know. I was already thinking about the WCF champ after Hank shut them out in game 1. That loss stung pretty bad too. Not as confident at all this time. I felt like we were special last time. This time it's like holy **** we're actually here.

That said I've had nonranger fan friends (isles devils and flyer fans mainly) say that they think we are gonna win. I don't see it, but hell I'll keep on rooting for them no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad