Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffNYI

Jun 16, 2006
Question: Version 1.4.1..

After ROW, what is the next tie-breaker between two teams? And if possible, the next one after that?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Problem with retro database is that you have the power of hindsight so you instinctively go for successful NHLer.

I remember going for the top prospects at the time like Schenn, Etem, Taylor Hall. The only one I remember not turning out like some others who had success was Paajarvi

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
I've simmed a few seasons, (pretty hands off not coaching or anything) this past week, I did a fantasy draft and Detroit has done really well.. Ryan Dzingel arguably the best player in the league. 47 and 40 goals last two seasons (2022-23), cup finals and cup winner, art ross twice, conn smythe winner. Stuff like that is why I love ehm. ECK db is super fun too

Reactions: xECK29x

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I've simmed a few seasons, (pretty hands off not coaching or anything) this past week, I did a fantasy draft and Detroit has done really well.. Ryan Dzingel arguably the best player in the league. 47 and 40 goals last two seasons (2022-23), cup finals and cup winner, art ross twice, conn smythe winner. Stuff like that is why I love ehm. ECK db is super fun too
I'm glad you're enjoying it but that would drive me nuts

Reactions: tealhockey

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
I recently dived back into this game after a couple years away.

I started a new game using the TBL rosters. There's two options, the regular and the +prospect one, which is supposed to give a good stream of prospects for the next 50+ of gameplay.

I didn't really notice that until after I started playing. I've been using the regular TBL database with the option "extra junior players" selected when I started the game.

I'm only 3 seasons in, so I'm not at the point of no return. Should I have used the "prospect database" version of TBL?

I just don't want to get to year 25-30 and have no worthwhile prospects to follow.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

I started a new game using the TBL rosters. There's two options, the regular and the +prospect one, which is supposed to give a good stream of prospects for the next 50+ of gameplay.

I didn't really notice that until after I started playing. I've been using the regular TBL database with the option "extra junior players" selected when I started the game.

I'm only 3 seasons in, so I'm not at the point of no return. Should I have used the "prospect database" version of TBL?

I just don't want to get to year 25-30 and have no worthwhile prospects to follow.

With my main save with the default 2015/2016 rosters, I've been playing with the extra junior players + national team pool players for years. I find that the overall talent goes up quite a bit. I feel like that there are more 'superstars' in my save than running through basic saves when I tested other ones.

I can't really tell if I have had 'dead years' since I am now under the impression that development and progression is different in EHM 1, and since my database is maxed out. There are times where all it takes is one/two year(s) of developing and they are bright greens in all categories. Others, they are ready basically out of the draft.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

You will get good prospects but the game generated NHL drafts we found going further into the sim aren't deep, also we see the game has issues generating high-end staff also for NHL teams (the generator also helps there as well). Also the game will assign top end CA to ANY player type, which means you could get Superstar level Enforcers, which is just silly, I typically see a lot of 5 star 1st line potential defensive forwards...gee thanks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Question for people here, does there happen to be a Seattle database where Seattle as a team is completely empty? I'm talking "empty" like the Jackets, Wild and Jets are in the 1998 database. I love building up teams from nothing but I'm getting tired of the 1998 DB, so I was hoping a Seattle team was available for that.

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Question for people here, does there happen to be a Seattle database where Seattle as a team is completely empty? I'm talking "empty" like the Jackets, Wild and Jets are in the 1998 database. I love building up teams from nothing but I'm getting tired of the 1998 DB, so I was hoping a Seattle team was available for that.

there should be a version of NHL32X That has seattle empty... if you can't find it in this thread somewhere it is on EHMtheblueline forums

Reactions: Dutronc

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
You will get good prospects but the game generated NHL drafts we found going further into the sim aren't deep, also we see the game has issues generating high-end staff also for NHL teams (the generator also helps there as well). Also the game will assign top end CA to ANY player type, which means you could get Superstar level Enforcers, which is just silly, I typically see a lot of 5 star 1st line potential defensive forwards...gee thanks.

Could be a fun idea to make the game harder
Win with a full-on defensive team !

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY

If you can't find the download for 32X, I can post it. Just don't use the draft kit and the team will be blank.

Reactions: Dutronc

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't know if that was intended, but in the lastest ECK db my save there were Sedin twins in 2024, a big sniper LW Ovechkin in 2030 and a 6'3 C Slovenian Kopitar in 2032.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah, they are regens.

But they have the same last name, which is weird. Also Sedin are not in the DB, Ovechkin retired 2026 and Kopitar in 2030 so timing of regens would be a bit weird.

There is a Gabriel Crosby from Cole Harbour eligible in 2037 (currently december 2034. Crosby retired 2029). I'll scout him, but the partial stats look good. He would also not fit the regen time for Crosby.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
But they have the same last name, which is weird. Also Sedin are not in the DB, Ovechkin retired 2026 and Kopitar in 2030 so timing of regens would be a bit weird.

There is a Gabriel Crosby from Cole Harbour eligible in 2037 (currently december 2034. Crosby retired 2029). I'll scout him, but the partial stats look good. He would also not fit the regen time for Crosby.

Are you using a specialized DB?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
As I said in the first post, the latest ECK DB.

Sedin twins, Ovechkin, Kopitar and Spezza (that one is from 2027, Spezza retired 2021) also all have the same hometown as the real one.

They must have added them in, theres no other explanation for that unless something messed up in your game so it's not randomizing the regens. Although as you said the timelines for regens dont add up either.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
They must have added them in, theres no other explanation for that unless something messed up in your game so it's not randomizing the regens. Although as you said the timelines for regens dont add up either.

Looking deeper, whoever made the prospect generator definitely put them in or at least their template.

Fun tidbit from my save:

Fake Henrik has bounced around as a third line C (except that one year in Vegas where he got 51 pts).
Fake Daniel never came to the NHL (drafted from KHL while Henrik was SHL) despite being a 5 stars and has been rampaging the NLA.
Fake Ovechkin is close to a PPG player averaging 30 goals a season.
Fake Kopitar is still in my AHL club (20-21 years old season) but will probably replace Larkin who's on his last leg.
Fake Spezza is a 60 pts C.
Fake Chara made the NHL as a 18 years old (first round pick #23).

I don't know the full list he seemingly planted.

EDIT: Found a bunch but I guess I won't spoil it further.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm sorry. I just don't find the prospect generator realistic to me. I might be the only one on it, but I can't get into it. It seems to hyper-inflate any player types CA and PA.

I don't know. Could be just me.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm sorry. I just don't find the prospect generator realistic to me. I might be the only one on it, but I can't get into it. It seems to hyper-inflate any player types CA and PA.

I don't know. Could be just me.

From my experience, it's very easy to get a top4/top6 player from the top 40, but very hard to get an NHLer from the rest. I don't remember the last time I played 15+ years (or even past 5-6 years), so can't comment on previous builds.

Most points past #31 in 2035
2020 - 814 (58) 15 years post draft
2021 - 739 (40)
2022 - 640 (96)
2023 - 577 (53)
2024 - 564 (38)
2025 - 155 (40) 10 years post draft
2026 - 325 (34)
2027 - 252 (45)
2028 - 149 (36)
2029 - 171 (51)
2030 - 196 (40) 5 years post draft
2031 - 74 (51)
2032 - 70 (50)
2033 - 64 (95) First bona fide steal post 2024 (64 pts in 77 games)

That drop after 2024 is drastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad