Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
IIRC, the game counts the top 20 most expensive (one-way) contracts in the offseason...

Also, there was no appetite for a variable cap as there is no mechanism for that kind of thing and it wouldn't make sense for it to be random...

TheDominator

Jan 20, 2007
My team (Canucks) just retired John Moore's number. Played about 8 seasons as 4~7th defense. My first number retirement is kind of a surprise lol.

There is no way to unretire a number right?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
IIRC, the game counts the top 20 most expensive (one-way) contracts in the offseason...

It seems like it is counting them a bit at random, because I think some of the ones they were counting were two-way contracts. However, it is much more likely that I have misread it or made some mistake.
Thanks a lot, bud :yo:

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My team (Canucks) just retired John Moore's number. Played about 8 seasons as 4~7th defense. My first number retirement is kind of a surprise lol.

There is no way to unretire a number right?

I'm in the 98 database as the Islanders and had the franchise retire numbers for Luongo and Backes so far. Luongo was as expected he was the number one goalie for close to 15 years. Backes was nothing more than a 2C though, consistent 20 goal scorer but nothing special. You can't un-retire numbers though.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
I've been playing the game for many years but always in the NHL.

To try something new I have just started a game with Malmø (Sweden). Anyone with some good advice as European clubs are a bit different from the NHL franchises?

Would like to know about the following:

1) how many scouts do you normally hire (as the game starts with 0 or 1)?
2) how do you find and secure young, upcoming talents?
3) is it possible to buy any of the better players from other teams in the league?

Any other obvious piece of advice is welcome as I don't know to much about how the leagues in Europe works.

Thanks in advance:)

hockey17jp

Lets Go Jackets!
Apr 11, 2012
Columbus
I've been happy with my retired numbers so far.

Visnovsky #17
Miller #30
St. Louis #26

All three are Hall of Famers and all three have their numbers retired.

Perceptor

World Class
Mar 19, 2012
Calgary, AB
Hey guys,

So I've downloaded the new database and started a new game. How much of an impact does it have if I disable extra players and non staff?

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I've been playing the game for many years but always in the NHL.

To try something new I have just started a game with Malmø (Sweden). Anyone with some good advice as European clubs are a bit different from the NHL franchises?

Would like to know about the following:

1) how many scouts do you normally hire (as the game starts with 0 or 1)?
2) how do you find and secure young, upcoming talents?
3) is it possible to buy any of the better players from other teams in the league?

Any other obvious piece of advice is welcome as I don't know to much about how the leagues in Europe works.

Thanks in advance:)

1) The more the better
2) Scout around and you'll find them.
3) Of course, just click on the player then actions in the top right corner

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
1) The more the better
2) Scout around and you'll find them.
3) Of course, just click on the player then actions in the top right corner

Thanks but I am familiar with the in-game mechanics. I was more Wondering why Any offer for good players is declined . Yes only about one season played but so far i haven't had one offer accepted. So Wondering If it is coincidence or it is just not possible to lure your opponents good/great player's away within the budget limits (650k)?

Same with young talents. Scouted plenty but noone seems interested in signing with me.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Thanks but I am familiar with the in-game mechanics. I was more Wondering why Any offer for good players is declined . Yes only about one season played but so far i haven't had one offer accepted. So Wondering If it is coincidence or it is just not possible to lure your opponents good/great player's away within the budget limits (650k)?

Same with young talents. Scouted plenty but noone seems interested in signing with me.

Ah sorry, I got you now. Yes, buying good players from other teams is very hard. You can buy players who are shopped around quite easily. But mostly you'll be signing free agents. I don't find it terribly unrealistic, I just find that, especially among foreign players, there is too much loyalty to the single leagues.
Players lack ambition in general, IMHO.

karlstegger

May 15, 2016
Denmark
Ah sorry, I got you now. Yes, buying good players from other teams is very hard. You can buy players who are shopped around quite easily. But mostly you'll be signing free agents. I don't find it terribly unrealistic, I just find that, especially among foreign players, there is too much loyalty to the single leagues.
Players lack ambition in general, IMHO.

Thanks mate:)

I'll give it a good long try as it is rather fun to try something different than the NHL for a change. Then I can get back to the NHL when Vegas is included next year:)

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Any specific specs my laptop needs to run this game? Would love to get it.

I don't think you need much in the way of specs. If the laptop was made in the last 3 years you are probably ok.

This is the min specs recommended from the steam store
MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Pentium 3, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - 1GHz+
Memory: 256 MB RAM
Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM
DirectX: Version 9.0
Storage: 800 MB available space
Additional Notes: Minimum Resolution : 1024x768

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
Hi guys, if anyone is interested in playing EHM (Steam version) in an online league, the Millenium Hockey League is looking to fill 3 teams (Ottawa, Washington and Nashville). Newbies are very welcome, game is simmed a few days forward every day around 7 EST. Discord is required, add Hero#9187 on Discord and let me know what team you are interested in and I'll get you set up.

EDIT: We're currently in the 2019 Season, Training camp is about to end.

vcanuck

Feb 7, 2011
hello, is there a way to edit a roster DB that you're subscribed to? I'd like to put Tryamkin to his KHL team... :(

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Any specific specs my laptop needs to run this game? Would love to get it.

Hatch, you should be good to go with almost any machine - this game doesn't take much at all. I don't watch the games themselves, so that might be a little different, but the mechanics of it are not demanding on your computer at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad