Eastside Hockey Manager - Part V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
Not sure I understand that part.

As for people not contributing to research and only complaining, I'm sorry, but I consider myself a customer, not a developer. I share my thoughts on this board knowing Riz comes around sometimes, and hopefully to make the game better in the long run. I don't feel the responsibility to join the research when I bought the game to play it.

Which isn't to say I, alongside everyone else, very much appreciate the incredible work everyone involved in the TBL updates, and all the other add-ons, have done. But as far as I'm concerned, I certainly am happy playing the game and giving some remarks in this thread every once in a while. Should I have part ownership of the game franchise to have the right to complain in this thread? Is that what this is about?

I apologize for that post, I wrote it on emotions.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
I don't always find the game play mechanics of the game to match what I would expect from the attributes put in. In other words, there's certain things that happen in the game that don't happen or can't happen or aren't programmed in an agreeable way to me...though I certainly enjoy the game and play it regularly, there's some tactical/chemistry/development type tweaks that I would love to make...that's perfect world stuff though...
At least you realize it!

When I tried to take a leadership role with the rosters the two biggest issues I ran into were #1 people not actually producing anything (which given it's a volunteer position, "that's life"; it's actually the norm that the majority of volunteers who say they'll do something do nothing) #2 many volunteers don't actually understand the game and how it works very well, and don't understand what you're mentioning in your post quoted above, meaning the person "in charge" has to do a lot of explaining/reviewing/correcting things

Let the free market prevail then...find some people that want to contribute and can put out a quality product and then charge for it...

People that want quality will pay for quality...researchers that want to be appreciated will produce a quality product...
I went directly to the source, and was told SI really only pays coders/programmers (I could work on rosters/editing/testing full time for a third of what I made as a Teacher Assistant, which wasn't much! HaHa but alas it seems it's not meant to be).....I haven't done any roster work/researching in almost a year now, and that's seemingly unlikely to change (I've thought about it lately, but it seems unlikely I'll do much or if I do it won't be regarding the "modern database" - if my modern database efforts could be limited to days/weeks [instead of the 5-6 months of my freetime I spent every year from 2012-2016 doing Major Junior] I might still help out, otherwise if I ever return to editing for free I think I'd look to improve the retro databases I've worked on, both released and not released (which, despite the spectacular/exciting improvements made in editability for retro databases [thanks Arch! and all those involved in testing!], I still haven't had the motivation to do so).....I don't think I'll ever return to testing for free

Last edited:

AK44

Apr 22, 2016
(98 database with fantasy draft)

I managed to get 4 1st, 4 2nd and 2 3rd round picks for a severely underperforming Jeremy Roenick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad