Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Hopefully Marchy takes out Bergy for a supper and learns some captain tips.

Guys been playing brutal the last few games
Soft play/fly by on that first goal last night, stupid penalties.
Starting stuff with Slavin in that canes game then pulling a disappear act in the final 2 periods.

Dude needs to be much better
Agree he’s going to need to be much better for the Bruins to have any kind of chance going anywhere in the playoffs.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think the simplest recipe for success for the B`s is make the Leafs play below the dots and get lots of shots.

For the B`s, have to stay disciplined and not give the Leafs PP chances and neutral zone play. If the B`s let the Leaf forwards to easily clear their zone, gain speed through the neutral zone, our boys will be cooked

I want no part of JVR during the playoffs and I want Beecher in there every game. Both teams are top heavy, edge in depth contributions go to the B`s, overall defensive play, B`s, goaltending, B`s too, Leafs will bring more physicality than we`ve seen from them over the years and that worries this fan, I worry about our teams overall toughness but we shall see

I worry Marchand is hurt, noticed in the last few weeks, he seems to be struggling on his edges when making those quick pivot moves

Let`s do this Bruins

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
Thanks again to the Bruins for not controlling their own destiny. Means I have to the Canadian Media talk about the Leafs for the next 2 weeks. I wish I knew what is going on in that dressing room over the last 5 years. There's a Cancer in there somewhere. From Sweeney's roster construction to leadership to coaching philosophy. I have an idea hope I'm wrong tho.

• Haha
Reactions: lopey

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Thanks again to the Bruins for not controlling their own destiny. Means I have to the Canadian Media talk about the Leafs for the next 2 weeks. I wish I knew what is going on in that dressing room over the last 5 years. There's a Cancer in there somewhere. From Sweeney's roster construction to leadership to coaching philosophy. I have an idea hope I'm wrong tho.
A cancer. That affects a wide range of Bruins related subjective viewpoints. Very interesting.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Yeah my point exactly

He's not playing at the perennial Norris level he has in the past, but he's still a very very good player.

Tampa would've been a nightmare matchup for the Bruins in round 1 IMO.

That's the 2nd highest point total of Hedman's career, better than his Norris winning season.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Are you under the impression the Bruins have missed the playoffs for the last 5 seasons instead of the team that has the best overall record over those 5 seasons?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I think it comes down to the Bruins goaltending vs the Leafs scoring. Whichever is stronger wins the series. There Leafs can score and have the advantage too I think with faceoffs. Bruins D and goaltending are strong. I think it goes 7 and the Bruins win but man the Leafs are due to beat us (we’ve said that before too!). With that though I think LY’s Leafs team was better than this years. I am also sorry we might not see Brazeau in this series. Maybe but I doubt it. He would be another heavy strong body on the forecheck, played in their organization (extra motivation) and I think we all agree his work ethic has been great so far.

Lastly I will be totally ignoring TSN, Sportnet, Hockey Night in Toronto and all Canadian media during this series. I know it will be horribly slanted so why both listening to their bias and cheerleading? Not worth the aggravation. I’ll mute the games and listen to Judd and Beers.

Let’s go Bruins! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👍👍👍

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

What in the Alex Jones did I just read...

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm interested to see what some of the newer Bruins bring in the post-season. Hopefully we know what we're getting from players like Pasta and Marchand. Coyle and Zacha were pretty good when they were relied upon in the first few games against FLA last year (when Bergy and DK were out). I hope DeBrusk brings his A-game and Maroon is a factor like he can be.

But it's players like Geekie, Heinen, Frederick, Boqvist, Beecher that I hope will find another gear in the playoffs. If we get players like that contributing, and good solid play from newer D like Peake and Wotherspoon, I think we have a good chance of getting past the second round.

Let's concentrate on the first.

I hope Brazeau returns, and am interested to see what Maroon does.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think the simplest recipe for success for the B`s is make the Leafs play below the dots and get lots of shots.

For the B`s, have to stay disciplined and not give the Leafs PP chances and neutral zone play. If the B`s let the Leaf forwards to easily clear their zone, gain speed through the neutral zone, our boys will be cooked

I want no part of JVR during the playoffs and I want Beecher in there every game. Both teams are top heavy, edge in depth contributions go to the B`s, overall defensive play, B`s, goaltending, B`s too, Leafs will bring more physicality than we`ve seen from them over the years and that worries this fan, I worry about our teams overall toughness but we shall see

I worry Marchand is hurt, noticed in the last few weeks, he seems to be struggling on his edges when making those quick pivot moves

Let`s do this Bruins
Yeah and definitely don’t want to spend to much time below are dots Or could be a really short series and not they way we want.

Reactions: Gordoff and ODAAT

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I thought they kind of did control their own destiny

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
I think the series hinges on how Carlo's pairing performs against whatever line they get stuck on. We know Charlie-Hampus are going to handle their assignment.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
So how we feeling about this? Excited, ready to go, quietly confident? 'Cause ol' Steve, fair to say, he's not coping quite so well :laugh:

Dangle going apoplectic about
Colin Campbell etc is insane. WTF is wrong with him?
I mean, I love that the Bruins are living rent free in their
nutty heads is enjoyable but WTF Steve?
Colin Campbell?
Get a freaking grip LOL.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
@Aussie Bruin
I think back to Easter Sunday of 2019 when the Bruins were in BIG TROUBLE as they played Game 6 in Toronto down 2-3.

The game was in the afternoon on NBC and the hockey world was still reeling from the Blue Jackets sweeping out Tampa Bay after the Lightning's record season. I texted @Alicat to send me a GDT and I would add a song to it and told her THERE WILL BE A GAME 7. @Ladyfan I think you remember the song I chose.

I then decided to take the subway to an iconic Toronto diner that was featured in their official 100th-year video 2 years earlier.

Using the wifi at the diner somebody notices I am on HF Boards and he comes over and says 'Go Leafs Go'. and then says if you want a good laugh look at the Bruins section. I go oh? and he said they have supervisors that hate Canada and I said really?

I asked him for his username and then he asked for mine :biglaugh:

That game was also memorable when Sportsnet screwed with NBC and US viewers got stuck with this

View attachment 853611

@Alicat - Please get working on Game 1 :)

OMG Kevin, that is epic!

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bruins have the better goaltending and D.
Leafs have more offensive firepower.

This series will hinge on this: Can Pastrnak & Marchand outscore Matthews & Marner?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad