GDT: Early Edition - Jets vs Flames Jan-20th, 2PM (Sam and Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
It's interesting your dislike for Canadian teams which I personally save for teams in deserts where Hockey should not exist.
Exactly how I feel and I have no problem cheering for almost any Canadian team (ok Toronto might be a bit of a stretch). And yes I get the Oiler and Flames hatred as I was a season ticket holder in the 80’s but I got over it after we lost the Jets 1.0. I could never cheer for a team farther south than the Blues or Caps.

We really need a big night from Helly to keep the season free of any 3 game losing streaks. Having Tanev back helps as he creates a lot of havoc.

Brilliant GDT, as someone already mentioned Myers is perfect.

Go! Jets! Go!

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I expect the game to be... phenomenal (do do do do do).

Reactions: Festinator

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
It's interesting your dislike for Canadian teams which I personally save for teams in deserts where Hockey should not exist.
Flames fans either hate us or dislike us. That city thinks we don't belong in the NHL, just read Calgary Puck. Our existence in the NHL with a better arena makes them feel bad.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Looks like our Calgary counterparts aren't too excited about this game.
No pre-game or GDT thread chatter.
I guess for Hockey Day in Canada if they don't play the Oilers they don't care?

I think the Jets are still the Rodney Dangerfield (“can’t get no respect”) of the NHL and hence the lack of interest. People don’t care they still consider us basement dwellers/of no account because we honestly haven’t accomplished anything since the return. This will change after we make some serious noise in the playoffs.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Wow. You’re just a wealth of wisdom and knowledge. What mountain must we climb for all your insights. :)

This one. The Eye of Aavco sees all. ;)

giphy.gif

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Today is a good day. Jets in the afternoon on TV and then Portland Winterhawks (Skyler McKenzie) vs Vancouver Giants in person in the evening.

Reactions: ps241

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Please 2:00 get here quick !
Hometown hockey & hockey day in Canada is soooooo bad

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Calgary's lineup includes a certain Andrew Mangiapane. He just sounds like a person that apparently exists and WILL score on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad