GDT: Early Edition - Jets vs Flames Jan-20th, 2PM (Sam and Friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I would have been pumped for this game if Lowry was back but now I am just dreading this back to back.
We haven't had hockey for a week and your dreading games because of an injury? We'd all love to have every player healthy for all 82 games. It will never happen. Lowry is an important piece but the games go on. Scheifele is a very important piece, but games go on.

I'm glad the Flames are also coming off their bye week and the Jets are on the road. Having to travel has to help get them back into game focus.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

dratbunnies

Nov 23, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba
Okay, I think I need to look at the standings a lot less and our 6 in 5 thread a lot more, cause holy bonkers things are getting scary.

Lets get those legs moving tonight! Hope some minor injuries have kinda cleaned up over the break.

ERYX

'Pegger in Exile
Oct 25, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Another fantastic GDT Zhamnov. I wish I had the time and even minimal photoshop/paint skills to follow your good example and contribute a GDT of my own.

Another game without Chef and Lurch makes me a bit nervous, but after a much-needed break I'm hoping the Jets will come out playing fast and hard. I hope that the lightening in a bottle Hutch seems to have been able to catch down in the AHL translates into pre-all star break 2014/15 season Hutch performances because Mason will probably be out for a while with a second concussion in as many months.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
This game could go either way - both teams off a break, but the Flames have a 7-win streak to ride in on, and the Jets looked dismal in their last two outings (especially their last game) so might feed off of that to improve. It should be a great game to watch though!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Stomp the flames into dying little embers please. It's always worth noting that the Flames are a close second behind my seething hatred for the Oilers.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Awesome GDT Zhamnov! Really hoping we come out with some effort early, afternoon games make me nervous but we’ve proved we’re up to the task in the last few months. So let’s get out there and rain on the Flames parade :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Might be my favourite of your GDTs - nice job :handclap:
GJG! Flames need to be cooled down

Also for anyone who hasn't seen this masterpiece yet:

Some more amazing muppets stuff with an artist who left us far too soon. If you've never seen this I highly recommend watching it

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Another great GDT.....really enjoying the fun again thank you Alexei Z

I am on a plane to Mexico and might miss this one but do have NHL game centre archive for later. Really hoping for a win but this one should be tough.....flip a coin......hot hot Jets goalie please.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
It's interesting your dislike for Canadian teams which I personally save for teams in deserts where Hockey should not exist.

Fans of Jets 1.0 had hatred of their Smythe rivals burned into their DNA.
It didn't help that Edmonton and Calgary were so good in the 80's on top of that.
The PHX situation was perhaps more of a numbing affect... more painful but maybe less relevant?

We need a multi goal game from ANY Jet since our winning record when that happens is quite good (not perfect... but really good). Let's see who could score multiple goals?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sucks about Mason, but in terms of the team Mason was really an insurance policy in case Helle wasn't ready. I hope Mason has a long career ahead of him still, but the Jets have their starter now (knock on wood)

Hope you're right about Helle. :thumbu:
I propose an HFJets variation to knock on wood for good luck. knock on Sip - figuratively only of course. :laugh::)
GJG

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
How do our Atlanta folks feel about games between these two franchises? Perhaps with the Flames leaving so long ago the memory doesn't burn so bright?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Fans of Jets 1.0 had hatred of their Smythe rivals burned into their DNA.
It didn't help that Edmonton and Calgary were so good in the 80's on top of that.
The PHX situation was perhaps more of a numbing affect... more painful but maybe less relevant?

We need a multi goal game from ANY Jet since our winning record when that happens is quite good (not perfect... but really good). Let's see who could score multiple goals?
giphy.gif
I hated Detroit after they blew us out in that playoff series as Jets 1.0. Stupid Federov and his diving.

Reactions: Jets 31

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
I hated Detroit after they blew us out in that playoff series as Jets 1.0. Stupid Federov and his diving.

Didn't help that they had just completed the greatest regular season in NHL history before beating us.
The Jets had some good fight in that series.
Led game 1 until very late, poor result in game 2, huge HOME WIN in game 3, disgusting showing in game 4 (mustard jar on the ice to end the Jets 1.0 era (we thought). Game 5 had everything going against us. 2 penalty shots awarded against us, so many penalties called. But the BUHLIN WALL stood tall and my man Zhamnov stopped a puck on the goalline in the dying seconds that would have tied the game and sent it down for the empty netter to force game 6 back in WPG. Kozlov hand eye coordination to bat a puck out of the air one timer style was the dagger to our heart.
At least we got an opportunity for a classy exit.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Looks like our Calgary counterparts aren't too excited about this game.
No pre-game or GDT thread chatter.
I guess for Hockey Day in Canada if they don't play the Oilers they don't care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad